Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some shots I took today with my phone. The last shot shows its size in a Besta.
SJ4.jpgSJ5.jpgSJ6.jpgSJ7.jpgSJ8.jpgSJ1.jpg

Nice pics! I still can't decide on this one. The paint is disappointing, which I kinda expected. I guess I still have plenty of time to figure it out. This isn't selling out anytime soon.

As the protos showed, prime candidate for a repaint. Love the sculpt, hate the paint of the alien and the navigation machine hes in. With a good paintjob this piece would be AMAZING in an aliens collection. Id get it if i had someone to repaint it lined up (Im not even a fan of repaints but this really really needs it)

For all you painters out there, get one of these and show what you can do with it and how this statue should look and youll get lots of customers lined up just from this thread!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That actually doesn't look bad to me, if I had the space I would buy it. The 1:1 P2 bust stole the area I was planning to put this..

So this piece has finally started shipping ???? The Sideshow website still states "pre-order"
I look forward to finally having this in hand. Its been well over a year now since I put this on flex-pay.

By the look of those photos posted by Pilky, its been worth the wait. :hi5:

This looks like a great foundation to begin detailing with shading and washes to really make it look like it stepped right out of the film. But shouldn't Sideshow have already done that for us?

LOL at the paint job on this thing. I'm not usually overly critical on these things, but I could of painted it better, and I don't paint. Two colors overlapping each other and send to client.

It looks like SS pulled this thing off the line while it was at Step 3 of a 10-step paint process.

More power to those who like it. I have different standards for items that cost $600 + tax + shipping.

Thanks for the pics - looks great!
If you are an Alien fan then this is the Space Jockey to get.

I think I might add a simple wet-look wash to parts of mine to recreate some of the gloss/dampness from the movie.

Back