Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it states that it is from Alien so will it have the bursted out chest or possibly a clean chest? Photo is from the opposite side.

I also wouldn't mind if they bisected the base to make the foot print more manageable.

Really wondering on the scale of this. Was just looking at my Engineer at 1/5 scale and he's huge. I wonder if this will be more like 1/6 to 1/8 scale?

I can easily see this breaking the 1k price especially if it is at 1/5.

From the other forum:

no, the jockey himself is not 1/4 scale. that would make this piece the size of a dinner table.
id say the jockey portion is maybe 1/5th ish, maybe a little smaller.
the entire piece id say is roughly the size of large serving platter, or a small tire.

I've asked to Alex too, hope to get a few more inputs :)
Sounds good to me so far. I think that the big circular base can be sacrificed, I want a big and detailed Jockey on his seat, don't really care for the generic round base to eat up space.

ZIaPXeT.jpg

NpCbyHf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looking at the second photo even at 1/12 scale that would put Kane at 6" tall and the Space Jockey would still be massive.

Hhhhhh.....jeez. Where is the Queen Alien Hive diorama you showed SS? :gah:

"We needz our precious. Waaaaaa!"

It's the prototype for their diorama series.
Queen hive diorama in roughly 1:10th scale.

Why they didnt go with the Prometheus update version of this? because the Alien 1 version is more valuable artistically?

The Alien version is far more iconic, so it will definitely sell better.

Would love to see a Prometheus version as well though.

Interesting. Looking forward to the full reveal. This will probably be 1/5 and be massive...and pricey. Will be an impressive centerpiece.

This will no doubt be an awesome piece, but it's likely priced and sized me out already. When I first saw the update this morning (on my phone) I thought it may be the dog alien lsb, then I saw maquette and I hoped it was the Queen one mentioned above; alas, it seems we'll have to wait longer for those!

This'll definitely be a centerpiece for many collections! I look forward to seeing more pictures as they appear. And fingers crossed we may one day see the queen maquette. Really I'm just happy to see they're continuing to make more Alien oriented pieces! Here's hoping the trend continues!

. . . When I first saw the update this morning (on my phone) I thought it may be the dog alien lsb . . .

Thank Lemmy it's NOT! The longer we have to wait for that the better.

I don't want the A3 LSB produced until they have sorted out the factory/production/crappy-QC issues Sideshow have CHOSEN for the last 3-4 years - Ah-MEN.

After the ALIEN LSB debacle I don't know if I even want to consider this. I can't keep throwing money at stuff that end up having too many issues. I have the palisades version so maybe that's good enough. Plus the whole Prometheus thing kind of changed the way I look at this guy now.

After the ALIEN LSB debacle I don't know if I even want to consider this. I can't keep throwing money at stuff that end up having too many issues. I have the palisades version so maybe that's good enough. Plus the whole Prometheus thing kind of changed the way I look at this guy now.
Agreed.:lecture

Back