Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think this looks awesome. Great piece for anyone like myself who’s looking for a definitive alien piece. However, I’m worried I’ll order this and Prime1 will announce a Queen or a mind blowing Alien Statue. The dog is amazing, just isn’t my favourite/definitive alien.

I honestly think this looks awesome. Great piece for anyone like myself who’s looking for a definitive alien piece. However, I’m worried I’ll order this and Prime1 will announce a Queen or a mind blowing Alien Statue. The dog is amazing, just isn’t my favourite/definitive alien.

While I actually quite like this,. I wouldn't call it definitive. If that's what you want, I'd probably wait as see what P1 or others offer down the line... You certainly have time on your side for now.

I can't move on anything in this price range without first sering what prime 1 is going to do. P1 has effectively shut down the market with the quality of the runner and the promise of a full line.

I'm hoping they'll release one piece a year to space out the damage. If they do that for the franchise I can see making multiple purchases.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I was really excited about getting the Queen for my King, even being willing to accept the mini warriors as the queen itself could just have been a more grown up version, hence being bigger.
But after seeing the Sideshow featurette video claiming that it is the most accurate and definitive version but on same time having a completely wrong tail is just pure fail.
Will wait for P1 instead, even it will be bigger and more expensive in the end. Luckily shipping costs for P1 items are no deal breaker when living in Japan. :lol

I really like this item... but that price makes this a pass.

If it was the queen with the Alien King Base.. THAT might be worth the price.. All those Aliens on that base almost make me want to buy a made up alien.

I think the queen on this is great... I also like the tail.. I know its not movie accurate but I think it looks cool.

But 1100.00... Nope. I would rather get a true 1/4 scale alien.

I really like this item... but that price makes this a pass.

If it was the queen with the Alien King Base.. THAT might be worth the price.. All those Aliens on that base almost make me want to buy a made up alien.

I think the queen on this is great... I also like the tail.. I know its not movie accurate but I think it looks cool.

But 1100.00... Nope. I would rather get a true 1/4 scale alien.

Yeah I can’t say it doesn’t look bad. The tail is wrong but it still looks good. Just that price is a headache. PRIME1 is the way to go. Just have a little patience and I’m sure they will deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Queen is terrible in-accurate for that what SS promises and even having the original crew on board. That Tail is ridiculous with almost the double amount of spine segments. Queen tail has 42 segments, Period!

Overall size to the Warriors and eggs is at least like 70 percent more than real scale.

And the front T-Rex hands have the second thump as it was in the concept sculpt but never on screen. Neither the life size Queen nor the scale puppet for the Power Loader fight and Hive scene had these.

As well the neck has mistakes and the crown part lacks accuracy.

Big disappointment.

The Queen is terrible in-accurate for that what SS promises and even having the original crew on board. That Tail is ridiculous with almost the double amount of spine segments. Queen tail has 42 segments, Period!

Overall size to the Warriors and eggs is at least like 70 percent more than real scale.

And the front T-Rex hands have the second thump as it was in the concept sculpt but never on screen. Neither the life size Queen nor the scale puppet for the Power Loader fight and Hive scene had these.

Big disappointment.

My feelings exactly. This is why I’ve been waiting on Prime1. I’m super excited about their announcement.

Big disappointment.

Agree for the tail point.

For the rest, they used the 1/4 scale maquette to make this (without the tail). They scanned it.
So it's accurate to this. And usually in movie industry, the smaller scale maquette is used as a base before making the big one. And this is what they did at the time. Also what they did for AVP. The smaller scale was made first and green lighted before making the big one.

So in terms of accuracy, the smaller scale is always the first one approved.
That beeing said, the 1/4 scale maquette has the 2 thumbs for the t-rex hands, and not the lifesize.
And between the different versions done for the same Queen, there is also other differences.
Always the case.

For AVP for example, the first version of the 1:4 scale maquette used the very same legs (high heels one) of the classic queen in aliens.
Same for the avp lifesize animatronic. But the final queen in the movie, is digitally made when the full queen is on screen. And the legs are different, more predatorian/t-rex style.
Except in 1 shot when the avp queen escapes from his nest/eggs chamber after breaking her chains. You can see the 1/4 scale legs with high heels of the classic queen. Which is a mistake in the movie itself.

most of the time, they are on budget and have to make stuff quick.
So yeah, mistakes happens sometimes...

But for the classic queen small hands (t-rex), most of the studies and maquettes done before the fullsize one, have the 2 thumbs. Even the initial concept sketch
:)

Prime 1 Queen is not accurate for now... so...

We havn't seen anything of it yet, just a questionable digital mock up that was probably rushed out to have something to show on Alien day. The fact that they didn't show a glimpse the real thing means that they are still working on it, or probably havn't even started the actual sculpt yet. Knowing P1 and having seen their Dog Alien, I have no doubt that their Queen will impress.

I have no doubt of the quality of the final item. :)

I see weird thing on the teeth & mouth areas and above the upper head.
But you are right it is just a teaser for now so it is just a first reaction to what I am seeing for now.
it will change with time I guess.

And the dog is not "Prime 1 dog" by the way. They were given the scan data by Coolprops from the original maquette from the original molds.
Starting from scratch is another story. :)

And the dog is not "Prime 1 dog" by the way. They were given the scan data by Coolprops from the original maquette from the original molds.

This is true, but the final product is heavily refined from that initial sculpt. And who knows what their starting point may be with the Queen and the Big chap, I'm hoping they will have similar access to any remaining original props etc. We'll find out eventually...

Queen_21.jpg
FOR COMPARING ::: im 1,82 m -- this are the legs from our lifesize queen -- guess a leg is round about 2 meters

I'm curious to know where this info came from.Coolprops doesn't have the original maquette. How did they scan it? I'm pretty sure who owns the original and I heard coolprops didn't use just one maquette, let alone the "original", for their reference. That 2nd head that they originally showed was an exact copy of the MB Productions maquette head from the late 90's. The MB head was "changed up" for whatever reason,but the rest was pulled directly from the original ADI molds.

Prime 1 altered certain details that were actually part of the original mold castings. If they intended it to be as accurate as possible to the original molds (I don't think that they did), then they should have left those details alone. Those details were actually present on the initial coolprops sculpt/casting before Prime 1 altered them.

Back