Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pose-wise, I prefer the previous 2009 diorama, but the overall details of the Queen and the base design of this upcoming piece does look a lot better. But as others have mentioned, the size disparity between the Queen and warrior(s) is somewhat bothering.

A very old pic of the previous Queen diorama (ignore the dates, my camera was screwed up back then)
13626399_1117420374997763_5743472876883852107_n.jpg

I think it would be great to have both statues and display them side by side. I kind of regret selling my Palisades Queen statue :(

Same as the king it seems...and when do you think ss will open the pre-order for this? We all want to know details of her majesty, prize...

The single dwarf Alien Warrior looks like a bad afterthought. The whole base is a bit overworked. Should have just been the queen and a few eggs.

What scale is she?
Her being a companion piece to the king, she should be around 20.75" as that was the gigs height. I'm guessing shell be a bit less.

Scale I think is 1/10 against the original queen size.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Man this is ****ing incredible, everything I have ever wanted in an alien queen dio! The base is perfect, it has eggs, drones, and the right floor! The drones being so undersized is crazy to me, it's the only thing keeping this dio from absolute perfection. You know this thing is gonna be expensive as hell too and to make a silly mistake like that after creating a near perfect piece is rediculous. I still want it really bad, but I know if I end up being able to get one, those small drones are gonna bug the **** out of me, I really hope they can fix that, but I doubt it. Hats off to sideshow tho, this thing is awesome!

When I first started getting into collecting it used to seem like Sideshow's stuff was really a thing to aspire toward. When I saw this announcement I was sort of worried as much as excited, because I thought it might be something so awesome I'll have to dig deep in my pocket because I won't want to miss out. But seeing it, much like many of you, I'm underwhelmed.

Yep, it's an alien queen. Yep, the queen herself looks very well sculpted. But the details are just too bothersome. And the pose/diorama is kind of mediocre. I can do all that with my NECA stuff. And I hear you say already, the paint! The paint! But again, even on this showcase piece it's not as crisp as I'd like, and this is their best. From what I've seen of the production problems with 1:1 alien busts this piece will be a QC nightmare.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps I'm just feeling let down by a lot of alien stuff recently. It seems like the alien franchise is being painted with a pretty coarse brush these days, like the people merchandising this stuff aren't big enough fans/or don't care enough to get things right. I'd like to see something and think, wow, I never noticed that detail before, they've made such an effort with the detail. Rather than the opposite, and trying to ignore all the inaccuracies.

Sideshow used to be better, I'm sure. I'd love a 1/4 scale Queen bust! Such a dynamic pose! Or even some of their older maquettes/dioramas. But this recent stuff continually leaves me unimpressed. One of the other new pieces, the Warrior, for instance. The mouth looks weird, and base itself is more interesting than the actual figure! :(

#firstworldproblems #takingittooseriously :p

After thinking about this piece, the WOW factor has begun to wear off.
The mini-warrior aliens would drive me crazy were I to get it.
Plus, the facehuggers look a bit lifeless on a very busy base.
The base is kind of distracting.

I do appreciate all the work put into this though.
I just think the layout and execution needs tweaking.
The Warrior to Queen ratio resembles that of AVP.

I want to want this, but I think I'll keep trying to get the 1:4th bust instead.

I actually didn't care for it in person, the slimy look they were trying to achieve just came off too wet looking if that makes any sense

Overall it's a nice piece, but when you really look at it there are issues. Part of me wants it just because it's the Queen. The other part of me doesn't want to pay $1000 for it for what it is.

Not sure if I need this. She's definitely one of my favorite movie monsters, but I don't feel much wow with this.

Doesn't look particularly accurate, and the base is far too busy for my liking. Easy pass.

I don't understand how they keep messing stuff up like the scale. The warriors are ants. What source material were they looking at when they scaled this? Oh wait they just made it up. I'm a huge alien fan and will only buy the prime 1 pieces. As long as the dog comes out good there will be no need to get sideshow stuff. You know prime 1 will do something with the queen eventually.

Back