Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that looks really good. A few years ago I'd have snapped this up. I do think an open mouth would have been better though, more detail and aggression.

Wow! The cool factor is off the charts on this one. It's missing the nostalgic element that makes me willing to spend $$$ though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic. Won't be ordering as I will only order an Alien from a movie, but I do hope this sells well so that we can see more Alien pieces. Still hoping for some sort of queen maquette.

Seems like the overall consensus is that it looks great, but for the price and not being part of the movie franchise, it's a no-go. And for me, that nails it. they SHOULD have done this same statue, but in place of the King, the put the Queen from Aliens on it.

Seems like the overall consensus is that it looks great, but for the price and not being part of the movie franchise, it's a no-go. And for me, that nails it. they SHOULD have done this same statue, but in place of the King, the put the Queen from Aliens on it.

Thank you! It just makes more sense overall. I'm not against anyone picking this up. I just don't get paying $1000 for a statue nobody can relate to. That doesn't mean to say I hate it. It just doesn't wow me. I have nothing to compare it too.

I just don't get paying $1000 for a statue nobody can relate to.

People seem to be doing that for the XM Predator though. I have the same feeling towards that (I know a price hasn't been announced but we know it'll be expensive). Cool looking statue, but it's not a Pred I can relate to as it isn't from any of the films.

In saying that, it sounds like an Alien Queen Maquette of some sort is in the works, if the recent hints are anything to go buy.

You will throw me some dishes for this :) buuut... it looks great (both the statue and the base... especially the base to my eyes) and the main reasons for not buying it are:
(i) Alien King (...who the hell is this guy?)
(ii) Final cost (+shipping+duties for those of us living outside USA)
Now... if somebody not as freaky as we are (in a good meaning) would see this statue at your place would say "Wooooaaaaoouuu". And you would say it as well if Alien King would exist in Alien's universe...
As for final price... unfortunately it is not any longer crazy considering current price evolution for figures and statues.... And you get a very nice detailed base and... well, an invented Alien :)
After all this... I am still considering to buy it... :)

I can totally understand people not being interested because it's not part of the films. This really should have been a queen (and I do hope they are working on one now). For me though, when it comes to Alien/Predator I don't mind if things aren't directly from the films. I'm someone who really loves the look of the XM Pred as well and is planning to pick it up. My biggest criticism of this piece is actually the size. For the price I think it should have been bigger. My LCS has a 20% sale every year around Christmas, so I'm going to wait and pick one up then. I'm really looking forward to it now.

I can totally understand people not being interested because it's not part of the films. This really should have been a queen (and I do hope they are working on one now). For me though, when it comes to Alien/Predator I don't mind if things aren't directly from the films. I'm someone who really loves the look of the XM Pred as well and is planning to pick it up. My biggest criticism of this piece is actually the size. For the price I think it should have been bigger. My LCS has a 20% sale every year around Christmas, so I'm going to wait and pick one up then. I'm really looking forward to it now.
I was actually thinking on waiting also (at least to see some more in-hand pictures, apart of those shown in Facebook by the guy from Hong Kong- which seem to me too nice to be true and strange considering that he seems to be the only guy that owns this statue... maybe directly sent to him by Sideshow and thus not being representative of the final production quality?).
In any case, any clue/vision about this statue selling out soon in time? (I guess that will strongly depend on next videos/pictures to come...)

I was actually thinking on waiting also (at least to see some more in-hand pictures, apart of those shown in Facebook by the guy from Hong Kong- which seem to me too nice to be true and strange considering that he seems to be the only guy that owns this statue... maybe directly sent to him by Sideshow and thus not being representative of the final production quality?).
In any case, any clue/vision about this statue selling out soon in time? (I guess that will strongly depend on next videos/pictures to come...)

Sometimes customers in Asia and Australia have their orders sent to them straight from the factory, instead of going to Sideshow in the US first. That has happened to me twice and I got my statue a few weeks before anyone else. I'm guessing that might be the case here. I don't think this statue will sell out for while for the same reasons already stated. It's expensive, and it's not a character from the films.

People seem to be doing that for the XM Predator though. I have the same feeling towards that (I know a price hasn't been announced but we know it'll be expensive). Cool looking statue, but it's not a Pred I can relate to as it isn't from any of the films.

In saying that, it sounds like an Alien Queen Maquette of some sort is in the works, if the recent hints are anything to go buy.

Yes and no. I relate to XM PREDATOR because of the sculptor Narin nothing else. Even more appealing than this statue to be honest. I get you it's not from any film or setting. But at least it has a sense of originality to it! And it won't get critiqued for being non accurate

Yes and no. I relate to XM PREDATOR because of the sculptor Narin nothing else. Even more appealing than this statue to be honest. I get you it's not from any film or setting. But at least it has a sense of originality to it! And it won't get critiqued for being non relevant non accurate

Back