Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have the means to create some of the most accurate alien statues ever made and they are churning out crap like this.

They have the means to create some of the most accurate alien statues ever made and they are churning out crap like this.

68zlhf.jpg

Here's a picture of the King production sample from Sideshow's Monsterpalooza blog. It doesn't seem to be as light as the other pictures, so it might just be the lighting.

Sideshow-Monsterpalooza-2017-13.jpg

That's a bit harsh, I wouldn't exactly call it crap. It's just not relevant to anything. So people can't look at this and have any feelings of memories towards it. It's a piece you have to use your imagination to make it justifiable which is just silly.

In all fairness they took a huge risk with this piece! It's shear artwork only. It might be forgotten about very quickly I reckon if more pieces come out from the likes of Prime 1. But right now it clearly is the best piece at the moment from a sculpt perspective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's sad to see Giger's design multilated like that on a creature who have 3 tails Just for the sake of the ctrl+c and ctrl+z....

That's a bit harsh, I wouldn't exactly call it crap. It's just not relevant to anything. So people can't look at this and have any feelings of memories towards it. It's a piece you have to use your imagination to make it justifiable which is just silly.

In all fairness they took a huge risk with this piece! It's shear artwork only. It might be forgotten about very quickly I reckon if more pieces come out from the likes of Prime 1. But right now it clearly is the best piece at the moment from a sculpt perspective!

Well stated. It IS a very nice piece. BUT, without it being in an actual film, I just can't justify owning it. If it were the same exact statue but with the queen, I'd break my wrist getting my wallet out fast enough.

Looks like it is close to shipping, instructions are up on SS:

I can't see the picture that you posted, but I just had a look on the Sideshow website. It looks FRAGILE! The base and the main part of the body are one piece.

This is a nice piece just not breaking my bank to get it. Come to think of it I probably will watch Alien Covenant this weekend hoping it will change my mind, but a bit unlikely though.

The hobby has hit the price point that I can't justify spending $1000 on something like this when I know there will be other pieces coming out I'll want more. At a lower price, I may have jumped on it, but those days of impulse buying are gone.

It just hurts my eyes. I think the bold, bright colors hurt it even more. Sorry, I'm doing the very thing that I don't like others doing. I'm sure it will bring joy to a lot of people.

The hobby has hit the price point that I can't justify spending $1000 on something like this when I know there will be other pieces coming out I'll want more. At a lower price, I may have jumped on it, but those days of impulse buying are gone.

This.

:exactly:

The size my collection is now, combined with the ridiculous prices of new stuff (original price + exchange rate + shipping + regular tax + new tax) . . . I'm no longer going to be tempted by stuff that just looks "cool". It's "must haves" only from now on.

I suspect that's the case for a lot of folks - their purchases hit the plateau and will decline now.

The art direction AND sculpting on this is superb (unusual for Sideshow) - one of the nicest pieces I've seen them produce in a LONG LONG time.

Shame they didn't have the team that worked on THIS working on the Predator maquette :)

This.

:exactly:

The size my collection is now, combined with the ridiculous prices of new stuff (original price + exchange rate + shipping + regular tax + new tax) . . . I'm no longer going to be tempted by stuff that just looks "cool". It's "must haves" only from now on.

I suspect that's the case for a lot of folks - their purchases hit the plateau and will decline now.

The art direction on this is superb (unusual for Sideshow) - one of the nicest pieces I've seen them produce in a LONG LONG time.

Shame they didn't have the team that worked on THIS working on the Predator maquette :)

Spoke that's my chain of thoughts exactly. They would have done a better job I reckon. Somehow that Predator just seems annoying now each time I see images of it. Glad XM have one coming

I'm surprised by how assembled this is upon arrival. I like this, but as above, not enough to actually buy it. The prices are just off the charts these days and there's so much selection now, with some really must have items on the way. So liking this isn't enough for me to buy it these days unfortunately.

I'm starting to wonder if this alien King shows up in alien covenant that would make this more worthwhile

Back