Sideshow Alien King Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is this being released Spike? And will you be getting it?

I love it and hate it at the same time. The price is very expensive for what it is. But it looks really detailed

The order page has "Est. Arrival: May 2017 - Jul 2017", but they are USUALLY 2-4 months late - especially on complex pieces like these.

I LOVE the sculpt - very detailed and intricate - but not enough to pay out that sort of money.

As with the upcoming Wolf 1:2 LSB, I'm hoping the price on this is because they had to pay more to ensure quality. Something like this could easily be junk if QC wasn't watched closely or if styrofoam packaging wasn't designed carefully. Paintwork is pretty simple though.

The last Alien or Pred piece I saw that was in this league was their AVP-R Wolf/Alien sewer diorama (I DID buy that one - wonky spear and all :)).

The order page has "Est. Arrival: May 2017 - Jul 2017", but they are USUALLY 2-4 months late - especially on complex pieces like these.

I LOVE the sculpt - very detailed and intricate - but not enough to pay out that sort of money.

As with the upcoming Wolf 1:2 LSB, I'm hoping the price on this is because they had to pay more to ensure quality. Something like this could easily be junk if QC wasn't watched closely or if styrofoam packaging wasn't designed carefully. Paintwork is pretty simple though.

The last Alien or Pred piece I saw that was in this league was their AVP-R Wolf/Alien sewer diorama (I DID buy that one - wonky spear and all :)).

Yes I agree the Wolf 1/2 LSB Looks really good. The price is perfect on that also. The Alien King is expensive because of Legacy effects involvement. The idea is so risky though an Alien King.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to like this, but... I'm finding myself just wanting the base as a statue/diorama. Haha.

I appreciate what they were trying to do here in terms of originality. It just rings as sooooo 90's Kenner tho. For Giger alien fans, that style is just such a wild departure from the original bio mechanical vision. The paint is also looking far too colorful IMO. Adds the kenner-ness.

Like I said though, the base is amazing.

I really want to like it less...so I won't end up needing the cash to buy it lol.

Is it me or does that look WAY WAY lighter than the shots on Sideshow's site?

The aliens seem to be light grey in this?

I was thinking the exact same thing. This piece has lost its authenticity completely. Let's hope it's just the lighting. Should be darker toned though.

I did a side by side one from last years comic con and this new footage!

3110f007191af76934f6b57803a01aba.png

I did a side by side one from last years comic con and this new footage!

3110f007191af76934f6b57803a01aba.png

Maybe it's just because there was different lighting at both shows, one show had brighter lights, the other show had dimmer lights...

The lighting in these shows tends to do this, I imagine we'll see a blog soon with pictures of the production sample so we'll find out then. The base still looks good, I'd be tempted if it were the Queen.

The lighting in these shows tends to do this, I imagine we'll see a blog soon with pictures of the production sample so we'll find out then. The base still looks good, I'd be tempted if it were the Queen.
SSAlex said over at Statue Forum that we should see an unboxing video of it by the end of this month[fingers crossed!]

Maybe it's just because there was different lighting at both shows, one show had brighter lights, the other show had dimmer lights...

Yeah that's why I compared both videos under similar lighting conditions at shows rather than production photo's

Back