Statue Sideshow Alien Egg Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7103.jpgIMG_7102.jpgIMG_7104.jpgCompared to most of Sideshow Collectibles statues, this pales in comparison. Just a hunk of plastic next to the Spacejockey or Big Chap bust from the same company. Got it for $17.00 with rewards benefits. Wouldn’t pay $64 dollars for it.

100% plastic from what I can tell. The egg is plastic so that you can get the light effect, and the base is plastic to house the battery compartment.

The base is a very solid plastic. The egg itself softer obviously hollow plastic. It's pliable, you can squeeze it slightly. IMG_7114.jpgIMG_7112.jpg

I did a quick review for those who are interested...Personally I think they are great. My main complaint would be that IMO they should have had a gloss coat on them.

100% plastic from what I can tell. The egg is plastic so that you can get the light effect, and the base is plastic to house the battery compartment.
The base is a very solid plastic. The egg itself softer obviously hollow plastic. It's pliable, you can squeeze it slightly.
It has to be plastic for the light up feature.

Thanks.

Yeah - realised the EGG had to be plastic - was just curious about the base.

So, comparable with what NECA release then.

(* except it's maybe a bit small for that price *)​

Certainly better detailed than NECA, and I think the light up feature is arguably better too. But, I don't use the light up features much, so that's kind of moot for me. For my dime, I think it should have been 20-$25 cheaper for what it is. But, if you've been wanting a companion alien egg, it'll look good on a shelf.

I will get mine 2 eggs today. I likely will let my kids use one as a night light lol

I think it will look great with my Alien Dog when it comes out. So for now I will just open one anyway. I will open both just to be sure it works.

I guess I will have to look at a few from the film and maybe consider some black wash if needed but eh not that important.

I guess maybe $50 would be a better price but I am not mad at paying $65 either. I saw the size prior to buying it anyway. Like it was said they are not 1:1 they are sized to go with the statues.

I did find it crazy you had 2 different leg locations between your 2. I hope my differ. I would like it if you could remove the hugger as well.

I did find it crazy you had 2 different leg locations between your 2. I hope my differ. I would like it if you could remove the hugger as well.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. Typically paint apps will vary, but not the physicality of the piece. I assume that the Facehugger is made from a soft PVC and the fingers can move about a bit before they glue them to the egg..so there will be variances from piece to piece. For $65, it me there really isn't much to complain about here. It's just a little bit more than a $40 NECA figure, and this lights up.

Isn't this supposed to be sized to go with the Internecivus Alien and Aliens Warrior statue, so that would make it 1:5 scale?

1:1 height would be around the 3-foot mark.

Take the base off this and close the petals and you have maybe 4½ inches.

Regardless, it'll look blimmin' stupid next to a 1:3 scale piece :lol

Dunno and don't care about scale. My collection is 1:1 down to 1:32 and everything in-between. I happen to like the way it pairs with my Internecivus, which is all I care about. There must be something about me that likes something more just because it's universally hated. LOL

IMG_1422.jpg

Dunno and don't care about scale. My collection is 1:1 down to 1:32 and everything in-between . . .

People caring about or buying only certain scales wasn't my point.

. . . I happen to like the way it pairs with my Internecivus, which is all I care about . . .

Still out of scale - but better. I can't stand either piece (material OR art direction) - but each to their own - you know me
thumb2.gif

. . . There must be something about me that likes something more just because it's universally hated. LOL

Would it be uncool to bring up the THIRD item that would further illustrate that statement? (* cough, Wolf LSB, cough *) :)

Back