Statue Sideshow Alien Egg Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should be super easy to do a little paint and latex or epoxy slime the way Kev did his Internecivus statue.

This thing should sell out quick lol no quality control issues at all. 👎👎👎👎

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

That was never cheap... Even with 20% off :wink1:

Lol I know, but everyone was crapping on that statue until the 20% discount came along, then all of a sudden it was awesome.

Anyway, for 65 bucks I think the Alien Egg is a good buy. Yeah it could've been done a little better, would've preferred the facehugger jumping out, but still a decent accessory for a Warrior or Big Chap Maquette or one of the 1/5 statues. If 20 dollar coupons are available to use on this, will make it a bargain. Might even grab 2 of them lol.

The Alien Egg statue lights up with an eerie glow, with illumination in the lower portion of the egg sac.

I guess you have to assume this will be quite hollow. And unlikely it will be made of polystone.

I used that money off to make it much, much better.

How much would shipping be to Australia?

No idea man. Will have to wait until it goes up for PO. Hopefully not a lot, although local prices are usually quite reasonable in comparison to Sideshow. Might wait and see what it's listed for locally. I know a few people who want one, so if shipping is a bit expensive, might see if they're interested in a bulk buy to offset the shipping cost.

The Alien Egg statue lights up with an eerie glow, with illumination in the lower portion of the egg sac.

I guess you have to assume this will be quite hollow. And unlikely it will be made of polystone.

Yep, sounds like plastic. The price is a nice surprise, but I still don't like the way the facehugger looks. I have the Attakus 3 egg dio so I'll just stick to that for now.

Lol I know, but everyone was crapping on that statue until the 20% discount came along, then all of a sudden it was awesome.

Only a couple of people got it for that discounted price, so it probably had little bearing on the overall opinion of it. Which was more tolerance than "awesome" once they arrived. That thing is still one of Sideshows biggest wasted opportunities. But it's still a fairly decent statue in person. Two very different examples anyway, this egg is a cheap looking little trinket that we all assumed would be expensive. Turns out it is relatively cheap however so I can see why opinions might change to reflect that.

Only a couple of people got it for that discounted price, so it probably had little bearing on the overall opinion of it. Which was more tolerance than "awesome" once they arrived. That thing is still one of Sideshows biggest wasted opportunities. But it's still a fairly decent statue in person. Two very different examples anyway, this egg is a cheap looking little trinket that we all assumed would be expensive. Turns out it is relatively cheap however so I can see why opinions might change to reflect that.

How many people got it is irrelevant. I'm talking about those who did complain about it and then liked it once they got it at a discounted price. Whilst not everyone got it at that price, a lot of people were sure trying, and were annoyed they couldn't get it. If you think a piece is horrible at one price, it's still horrible at a cheaper price.

Whether it's a wasted opportunity or not, I couldn't care less. I didn't buy it and I'm not really gonna discuss the P2 Maquette in here. I was simply referring to the attitude of those who didn't like the piece, then suddenly wanted it at a discount.

I don't see how the example here is any different. People made fun of the product, completely missing the point of it, then decided they now like it coz it's cheap. I really can't believe people thought this would be 300 bucks, lol.

I don't see how the examples are different though. My comments are in response to collectorcol finding it funny that people now like it after finding out it's cheap, which is a similar reaction that I and many others had when the 20% off discount for P2 dropped all of a sudden heaps of people wanted it.

I don't see how the example here is any different.

It's different because the discount on the P2 maquette changed it from being an incredibly expensive statue, to a slightly less (but still very expensive) statue. In this case, this is a fairly cheap looking little ornament that people assumed would be very much over priced and wrote it off. It turns out it isn't however so I can see why some people may have changed their opinions on it since the price reveal. I'm probably not getting one, I just didn't see the comparison. Also, nobody ever said the P2 was horrible, it just had some silly issues that were frustrating, I did buy one of those before the discount. The issues certainly didn't go away in person, but its plus points were more apparent.

It's different because the discount on the P2 maquette changed it from being an incredibly expensive statue, to a slightly less (but still very expensive) statue. In this case, this is a fairly cheap looking little ornament that people assumed would be very much over priced and wrote it off. It turns out it isn't however so I can see why some people may have changed their opinions on it since the price reveal. I'm probably not getting one, I just didn't see the comparison. Also, nobody ever said the P2 was horrible, it just had some silly issues that were frustrating, I did buy one of those before the discount. The issues certainly didn't go away in person, but its plus points were more apparent.

lol you're still missing the point though. I was making a comparison on the attitude towards the P2 Maquette after the price drop and the attitude towards this piece after the price reveal. It's comparable and not different at all. The discount changing the P2 Maquette from an incredibly expensive statue to a slightly less expensive statue is irrelevant, not to mention obvious. Who cares? What changed was people not wanting it because of all the issues and how it was a poor effort, to people now thinking it's good enough to own. Exact same scenario here. People making fun of this (mostly about it's size, I think I've seen 2 posts saying it looks cheap) now all of a sudden think it's good enough to own because it's cheap. I'm not judging anyone for that really and understand why people would change their opinions, just merely pointing out the comparison after another forum member noticed that people changed their minds on this piece after seeing the price.

Personally, if I think a piece doesn't look appealing to me, the price is irrelevant to me as I wouldn't want to own it regardless. Now if I thought the piece was alright but not worth the asking price, that is a different story. I might change my mind and want it if the price is lowered.

For the record, plenty of people crapped on the P2 Maquette, I remember reading all the negativity in that thread very clearly. You seem a bit defensive over it for some reason, probably because you own it, even though I haven't actually made fun of that piece. I've seen it in person, I still think it's a nice piece despite the flaws, but it's really not what we were discussing and not what my original comment was about.

Anyway, we're obviously not seeing eye to eye here, so let's just agree to disagree :)

lol you're still missing the point though. I was making a comparison on the attitude towards the P2 Maquette after the price drop and the attitude towards this piece after the price reveal. It's comparable and not different at all. The discount changing the P2 Maquette from an incredibly expensive statue to a slightly less expensive statue is irrelevant, not to mention obvious. Who cares? What changed was people not wanting it because of all the issues and how it was a poor effort, to people now thinking it's good enough to own. Exact same scenario here. People making fun of this (mostly about it's size, I think I've seen 2 posts saying it looks cheap) now all of a sudden think it's good enough to own because it's cheap. I'm not judging anyone for that really and understand why people would change their opinions, just merely pointing out the comparison after another forum member noticed that people changed their minds on this piece after seeing the price.

Personally, if I think a piece doesn't look appealing to me, the price is irrelevant to me as I wouldn't want to own it regardless. Now if I thought the piece was alright but not worth the asking price, that is a different story. I might change my mind and want it if the price is lowered.

For the record, plenty of people crapped on the P2 Maquette, I remember reading all the negativity in that thread very clearly. You seem a bit defensive over it for some reason, probably because you own it, even though I haven't actually made fun of that piece. I've seen it in person, I still think it's a nice piece despite the flaws, but it's really not what we were discussing and not what my original comment was about.

Anyway, we're obviously not seeing eye to eye here, so let's just agree to disagree :)

No, I just don't see the point or why it's relevant here. I crapped on that P2 as much as anybody, probably more so in fact so I am not being defensive. And it isn't that people went from not wanting it, to really wanting it due to a discount. We all really wanted it, but we also wanted it to be better than it was, especially for the money they were asking. It was so close as well which was the most frustrating part of it all. This is why that thread raged on for two years and even had input from Sideshows art directors who also wished to make said changes, sadly it never happened. It was a unique scenario and very different to this in every way. I can't speak for those who jumped at the discount, I guess it just made it easier to order the statue they were torn on. I myself changed my opinion on this after seeing the price, this is the point I'm trying to make. Before I thought it looked a bit cheap and laughed it off assuming it would be $150. Now however, I still think it looks cheap, but we know it is cheap, it's very simple and it's okay to change opinions sometimes. If I were in the US and didn't face excessive shipping and tax costs, I'd probably pick one of these up.

Agree to disagree, the P2 discussion was way off topic anyway.

Back