Sideshow added Cancer and Reproductive harm warning on all statues recently

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely its the paint...

I work with paint alot and many colors have toxic materials. Cadmium Yellow for example.

Its not that big of a deal either, but you should always be informed.....

I bet alot of people never expected asbestos to be dangerous. That stuff is everywhere.....and those folks didnt work in a coal mine either......

Or lead paint for that matter....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I was thinking the same thing. Paint fumes from a brand new statue......not a big deal from my stand point.

I was thinking the same thing. Paint fumes from a brand new statue......not a big deal from my stand point.

Well that and lead is probable....

Now I know why my PCS statue came with gloves....

I think it's pretty much everything because I just got a NordicTrack machine and it came with the cancer warning (due to plastics used in it's construction), I also noticed a sign on the outside of the drive through window of Wendy's that has a similar cancer warning sign, in that case it has to do with how fried foods are made.

As far as the statues goes, It's basically telling you that cancer causing chemicals were used in their construction... I would guess the people who should really be worried are the factory workers... As long as you don't lick or eat your statues you should be ok. :)

If anyone is interested they can check out the explanation here...

https://blog.treadmilldoctor.com/2012/07/will-your-treadmill-kill-you/

I think it's pretty much everything because I just got a NordicTrack machine and it came with the cancer warning (due to plastics used in it's construction), I also noticed a sign on the outside of the drive through window of Wendy's that has a similar cancer warning sign, in that case it has to do with how fried foods are made.

As far as the statues goes, It's basically telling you that cancer causing chemicals were used in their construction... I would guess the people who should really be worried are the factory workers... As long as you don't lick or eat your statues you should be ok. :)

If anyone is interested they can check out the explanation here...

https://blog.treadmilldoctor.com/2012/07/will-your-treadmill-kill-you/

Well it could be since pretty much everything is made in a country with VERY lax standards on safety. China is fas becoming the most polluted place in the world.

I noticed Sideshow added Cancer and reproductive warning to all their statues. I wonder how bad are these statues for our health? I just recently opened up a new Bane PF statue and it smelled the worst out of all my statues. I feel like this is a serious topic, please chime in!

This is a CA requirement. There are cancer warning signs everywhere here in California. There’s even a new bill proposed for adding a cancer warning on coffee so if you live in Cali your next cup at Starbucks could have the same warning label.

Thank God Sideshow is looking out for everyone's safety. Enjoy your collection folks, everyone dies. I doubt it will be because of a statue on display though.
feb70dda9ebcf4fd5fb1958f1e12e560.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

This is a CA requirement. There are cancer warning signs everywhere here in California. There’s even a new bill proposed for adding a cancer warning on coffee so if you live in Cali your next cup at Starbucks could have the same warning label.

Yeah. The way they have determined these new regulations is a little insane.

Back