Sideshow 6" figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
We already have 6" figures... they're called Medicom. :lol

Well now you can have ones that you can afford Dave

bluesparrow said:
What? Some of the most successful toy lines of the past few years have been 1/12, such as Marvel Legends, WWE, DC Superheroes and the Spider-Man movie lines. Marvel Legends itself is a collector-driven line that succeeds at mass retail, with manufacturing runs into the hundreds of thousands. Toybiz is releasing a 1/12 series of independent comic characters at mass retail this summer, even, and that's obviously aimed at collectors. If the market couldn't sustain it, then they would not be doing it.

Maybe I am thinking about an oversaturation of the market a few years back, and I am not tryign to dismiss the success of lines like ML, Justice League, McFarlane Sports or some of the lines aimed squarely at kids, like Ben 10, Transformers, etc. It just seems like the glory days of plastic action figures is behind us some, or at least in a lull. TRU and Kay Bee are struggling to stay open, and the toy aisle at Targets, at least in my area, are constantly shrinking.
I am skeptical about the Independent "marvel legends" style line, as nice as the sculpts are, I wouldn't be surprised if these mostly ended up at specialty retailers. They are cool looking, but I don't know that there is enough name recognition for Superpatriot or Pitt to get them into a Target store. Maybe I am just pessimistic, but I don't see a lot of life in 1/12 scale stuff right now. I even thought that Toy Fair was a surprisingly lacklauster showing overall. I could be a glass half full kinda guy about this, jsut my thoughts

Back