Sideshow 4-LOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look back at the proto pics when this was displayed last year, the head was silver and a different colour to the body. The weathering was also more accurate. But hey why should we expect Sideshow to be any different? That's pretty typical of them.
IMG_9304.JPG

If you look back at the proto pics when this was displayed last year, the head was silver and a different colour to the body. The weathering was also more accurate. But hey why should we expect Sideshow to be any different? That's pretty typical of them.
View attachment 337390

That image is from years ago (HT Bespin Luke in the background)

Think that is a Medicom figure. Certainly not the SS 4-LOM.

Yeah, that's the Medi (and the SSC puts it to shame). The SSC proto is fairly close to the prod figure.

The Medi may have been 1/7 not 1/6, but you could get it shipped for like US$85 for a while.:horror

It's the reason I was surprised SSC did 4-LOM - the Medi 4-LOM's sat unsold (even at large discounts) for years, even at SSC itself.

Thanks and that's a pretty good summary of the figure, although the eyes aren't that bright. That was me shining a light on them. I'm sure more patient collectors will get this at least $50 off at some point probably with free US shipping.

I know some are also totally dismissive of this figure for a number of reasons ranging from its SS not HT dummy spits, too expensive for what you get, just a periphery character so not needed. All of these are valid for those collectors. If you just want your figures to stand on a shelf and be self contained works of art, this fig might not be for you unless you have a love of the character or interest in those minor star wars background characters. I enjoy building scenes, recreations in my home of what's seen on screen (that's why it'll always be a blue coat on my Han :monkey3). As such a figure like this is just as important as the environment, for example a Jazzinc one, as it really helps complete that picture. Plus I love the background characters of the OT, well mainly ANH and ESB.

As to my opinion of this actual figure, if you have experienced SS's 3PO you have a basic knowledge of what you're getting. Although the pistons do seem less delicate and it has a greater range of motion in the arms and hips than my 3PO does (not a guarantee as my 3PO might just be stiffer and me too scared of breaking him to push it). I was worried while changing the hands as they are a pain. The pegs stayed in the arms so I had to remove the pegs from the spare hands to swap (which were in really tight). Then putting them on was also a tight fit so I was concerned I'd break the pistons trying the grip the arms strongly enough to get the hands on. Luckily the protruding points on the knuckles are rubber other wise they would be broken by now. As Talibane points out the paint does lead to it looking dark unless well lit and isn't screen accurate, but its serviceable. The head is very well sculpted and I like it quite a bit albeit wrong coloured. I personally don't see HT doing this for many years, if at all. I'm happy with him, but I'm glad I had a $50 voucher for zuckass cause I'm not quite feeling that figure yet. If they achieve the prototype with Dengar than he will be fantastic.

The head almost looks like it should have been a blend of silver and gunmetal as opposed to straight duller/darker gunmetal. The head doesn't look like it got the black wash the proto had though - the nose "plug" on the proto has some nice black recessing that didn't make it onto the prod fig.

They really went all-out with the headsculpt though. Great they did such a nice job.

Is the green eyes thing translucent or just opaque and painted? In ref pics it almost seems like the costume head has a gold finish as the "grout" between small broken bits of green glass. The Medi came closer I think, even if it's not as well sculpted.

I've kept my medicom I got it for I think £90. I washed the head to darken it and he looks great. The ssc one may be better -I have yet to see it in real life but in these days of high cost figures I simply couldn't justify the expense

Bumping these shots....thanks for the great look....

Ok, sorry for the delay. Enjoy.

c7cf1db0153d151ca5b92e3201e153dd_zpsefhnl7k5.jpg

65a4565c4adc38c8ff9eec5b8a39e27d_zpsdiubwcwn.jpg

6a6b368decf2e054314e51c145ef5a49_zpsla1drvry.jpg

No shoebox. Back to the old style.

5f68912fcac1e804da3e358f9aa0c566_zpsacimgeiz.jpg

e54b3ea008415386ffe43d0684799b5b_zpsyopprvwa.jpg

No C3PO thumbs, but also no articulation. This is probably better.

872559a0611019d59c80fddee7170c21_zpsavz9xkfw.jpg

895dc62c8ccd4e391a6d47b2dcbbd401_zpszpeozijk.jpg

0a82c5fdc83507c62ee6d52bbb518c76_zpsqmc5enqj.jpg

665b539dda09536ecff245ac4f1227de_zpsk2a2jbc7.jpg

128cc19eb08bd05ce56617e70cbded7b_zps2b575oxg.jpg

Its a bit dark now the sun has gone down so sometorch assist to see the eye colour and detail better.

8fbccbf30c768d2cefe2b2fd385d3cdf_zpsu1mfmzjc.jpg

edd521a448ff67ee1af746f46ff85379_zpsijciuf8k.jpg

ea0013048fab5193f10e4cc7e7122d95_zps6phnefuh.jpg

Simple but effective.

92cc2b0e9a4faecf62ec79878e77eac2_zpszl8a5vai.jpg

Same design as 3PO. The hand are a pain to switch and I was worried I'd break the pistons, but despite multiple changes no damage was done.

35df8e946d2ed4ea11b4635e8bc351dc_zpszevon2yj.jpg

ed0d502a9d18c6f4b454d40544dc002e_zpspo6g8996.jpg

Nice arm articulation.

47c13aa6c45baf3433c432ba7611bd91_zpsjo8hxwnq.jpg

707227e44f1b0b4cf831505864b774c6_zpsodonzq8a.jpg

dd402fc40504fa75c26e545c2ab6f8c8_zpshemtdtsu.jpg

697b8c79da975761bd0313ad8eebda91_zpsqol3cbms.jpg

Stormtroopers subbing for two missing bounty hunters. He looks a little dark in the back but that's really a lighting issue.

296e4f22f17895a3f9a124332524bac7_zpsqe1ixqyk.jpg

40502195951089816698ddd8c6f1999e_zpsnxlnl2z0.jpg

Taking a good look at your shots here...head looks great, like several separate pieces with great detail. The deco looks good. ...not overdone. Appreciate the heads - up on the hand swaps...I'll sure and use care there.

Do the knees bend at all?

And my two cents here... I've always appreciated the so called "background" characters being produced as figures. As you point out, they're great to fill out "scenes" with...but they even have great shelf presence on their own if done well. Judging from these shots, this one looks great. Thanks again for posting. ..

Last edited:
He looks to be slightly taller than the HT ANH Stormtroopers. Maybe just a bit too tall but if only posed with the other bounty hunters it should be fine.

Have to say this guy has me excited for the whole bounty hunter line. Always loved 4-lom, and hoping the Dengar has a nice factory paint app when finally released.......hard to screw up Zuckuss, imo.

Pulled out my original bossk and had fun adding another body suit to fill out base body a tad more. Looks great with a little extra TLC.

What is sad, though, is we have never gotten a definitive ESB fett....Sideshow one is ok, and the helmet on the rotJ HT one looks odd, AND while I love the Marmit line, their Fett is pretty lacking my today's standards...........Is the Medicom fett super tiny? That one has a great looking helmet, but the Tie Pilot I received in that line is just very toy like.....

Have to say this guy has me excited for the whole bounty hunter line. Always loved 4-lom, and hoping the Dengar has a nice factory paint app when finally released.......hard to screw up Zuckuss, imo.

Pulled out my original bossk and had fun adding another body suit to fill out base body a tad more. Looks great with a little extra TLC.

What is sad, though, is we have never gotten a definitive ESB fett....Sideshow one is ok, and the helmet on the rotJ HT one looks odd, AND while I love the Marmit line, their Fett is pretty lacking my today's standards...........Is the Medicom fett super tiny? That one has a great looking helmet, but the Tie Pilot I received in that line is just very toy like.....

I made the decision to keep my V1 SS Fett with the addition of HT belt and jetpack! Don’t care if its not accurate to the movie I just want it more detailed in my display!

A small detail that wouldn't be hard to fix - the knee armor should be up a bit higher and maybe try pulling the legs of the flightsuit down a bit, the shin tools shouldn't come up and out of the top of the knee armor, they should below or in front of the knee armor but not under.

Ok for those that have unboxed 4-lom, how's the head rotation? Mine can only rotate to the left from centre, but can't rotate to the right! It just stops and feels like something will snap if I try to rotate too hard!

Ok for those that have unboxed 4-lom, how's the head rotation? Mine can only rotate to the left from centre, but can't rotate to the right! It just stops and feels like something will snap if I try to rotate too hard!

Can't wait for the KKK review of this fig!:yess:

Edit: something about that post didn't quite come out right.:lol

I just pulled it out. It's the same sort of joint as threepio, just no battery electronics but still space to put batteries. It's just a **** ****ing neck joint!

**** now I'm even more pissed off! Just put neck back in and can't take it off anymore! I've tried pulling up so hard on the verge of breaking something. ****.

Back