Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine too. I got really excited at first as I thought it would be like 7 days, not 2-4 weeks. Still better than nothing I suppose.

Bring on the merc with the mouth!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
I received my 2-4 weeks email too, but mine actually has a shipping quote of US $27.76....I checked on my account when I read everyone was getting crazy quotes and it had always said that, and now on my email for the shipping date, it has it too. I'm in Canada. Think that would make a difference?

J

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
I received my 2-4 weeks email too, but mine actually has a shipping quote of US $27.76....I checked on my account when I read everyone was getting crazy quotes and it had always said that, and now on my email for the shipping date, it has it too. I'm in Canada. Think that would make a difference?

J

They have corrected my shipping quote down to $17 from the original $28 they had it at earlier this month. So if yours is still high, I'd contact CS.

For those who have gotten your 2-4 week letter, what day did you order yours on? I thought I had a first day order (Sept 25, 14) but I can't recall.

Hey everyone!
Been a lurker for awhile and decided to join up and get posting and interacting and I thought this would be a great thread to do it, so HI!
I'm a sixth scale figure addict after my brother got me the Sideshow Boba Fett awhile back. Ever since then, I've been addicted to these figures. I have 3 Sideshow Star Wars Sixth Scales and 7 Hot Toys Avengers Sixth Scales. I have Deadpool EX on Pre-Order since it was first put out. My wife has been enabling my habit and seems to have gotten bit by the bug herself. She has Thor, Coulson and Loki from The Avengers, I got her Maleficent, and she has Thanos on Pre-Order. She's narrowing down her habit by just collecting villains from Hot Toys' Marvel Cinematic Universes films from here on out as they release them (any news on GotG Ronin?!), and I want to get the entire Avengers team - basically a 'best representation' of each member, collecting specific figures from specific movies and getting the occasional random figure if they put out something I really like, like Deadpool!

I am currently making review videos for the sixth scale figures we own that I'd like to post here on the forums while learning about the hobby more and joining in on discussions with you all about it too! Sooo that's it for now! :)

J

Deadpool made the Avengers team in Uncanny Avenger so he fits your brief of collecting Avengers :rotfl

STK685885.jpg

Oh and welcome.

Welcome to the forum BH :D

Deadpool was also briefly an Avenger in the recent comic run (very briefly and ambiguously!).

He's an awesome character, fingers crossed for a HTs movie version!

I think he's already a full-pledged Avenger now, but not every Avenger is happy about it :)

Not Even The Avengers Want Deadpool To Be An Avenger

1475572500488317254.png

$27.76 to Canada as well but that sounds about right for shipping anything here.

Yeah, that's pretty much where shipping for my 6th scales have always been, then we get hit with customs and duty fees on top which go anywhere from $30 for normal ones to over $100 for the Hulk & Banner 2-pack. I found a store that's about 25minutes from me that does sell and get in some select 6th scales, and they do charge the US prices, but it does save on customs and shipping. Been thinking about going through them, but then again, I really like the points. I've used them to save on all of my figure purchases in some way or another....I donno....I really love the figures and I enjoy collecting them and I'm in the middle of building several display sets for them all, but sometimes the prices on the back end just kill me.

J

DP 1.JPG
OK please forgive my crappy cell phone pics,
I got Deadpool...and what can I say .but I love it. I didn't think I would like it this much!
some how sideshow have managed to capture the "sarcasm" and the quirky essence of Deadpool in all his crazy glory
his body joints are very tight (some squeaky legs joints) but still strong and sturdy. Double Elbow Articulation ( A definite plus in my books and something I hope Sideshow continue in all their 1/6 scale goodies)
the outfit is superb, well tailored and detailed with enough to keep you picking up goodies for hours that fall when you transplant him from the sofa to the kitchen :)
the swap out heads are great and I am truly torn between who gets to hop on the neck. so many hands and not just fist and gun hands but once that just add the little extra something.
Its a great figure lots of presence by himself and even more for Deadpool fans,
Sideshow well done.
Was he worth the clams I shelled out for him... Yes .. and no who the hell wants to pay that much for a toy. But I am glad I did
while hindered by the "puffy" outfit still works wellDP 3.JPG

Attachments

• DP 2.JPG
    DP 2.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 227
lol I freaked out at the shipping so got them to send to a US address. Now mines delayed.

I can't wait to get this figure. I can't really say I'm a big fan of Deadpool, since I haven't many of his comics (just recently read the TPB collecting his first appearances), but he's simply such a fun character! Although I'm usually very selective in which figures I get, I was lacking a good looking figure that's just fun to pose and I can go all out on. With him, there are hardly any poses that *don't* fit his character.

Having said that, I will see to what extent I can customize him, streamlining his look a bit (removing the shoulder armor, knee pads, some of the straps on his chest, etc.).

I can't wait to get this figure. I can't really say I'm a big fan of Deadpool, since I haven't many of his comics (just recently read the TPB collecting his first appearances), but he's simply such a fun character! Although I'm usually very selective in which figures I get, I was lacking a good looking figure that's just fun to pose and I can go all out on. With him, there are hardly any poses that *don't* fit his character.

Having said that, I will see to what extent I can customize him, streamlining his look a bit (removing the shoulder armor, knee pads, some of the straps on his chest, etc.).

All of those things are removable.

This figure needs heavy customization for me to like it. But I want a 1/6 deadpool figure, I guess hot toys is my last hope

All of those things are removable.

The knee pads I'm aware of, but I haven't seen a picture without the shoulder armor, yet. Would be great if they wouldn't leave any marks though after removing. :)
And the beige straps on the chest look like they are sewn to the suit. Since it's right on the edge between the black and red, I think chances are good that they won't leave any marks when removed. Of course I'll wait until in hand to decide whether they actually bother me enough to take off.

s-l1600.jpg

This figure needs heavy customization for me to like it. But I want a 1/6 deadpool figure, I guess hot toys is my last hope

This is my issue with the figure too.

Obviously my previous wording choice ruffled some feathers, but my point was there are some things that didn't get addressed when it went from proto to final product. The costume material is the main issue. It almost looks like he made it out of a snuggie. Which is actually a very Deadpool thing to do, but some of the posing videos show it bunching up or restricting movement as a result of its thickness.

If ever HT did make one. The material would/could be the same as spidey or mos and that also will restrict posing long term as it stretches the material.

Of all the thing people are nitpicking about the design of this figure I don't mind any except those shoulder pads. The rest kind of work and I could easily see on the comic page but those shoulder armor bits are beyond silly.

Back