Sideshow 1st Marvel 1:6 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

image.jpg

Got this guy yesterday, love it. I'm a big Pool fan from way back, but I haven't been in the 1/6 collecting in a long time. I've been obsessing over all,the fantastic photos in this thread, especially the Tony Mei and Ashkan Z mods. A lot of inspirational stuff in here. Anyhoo, it took a few hours to decide to make some mods. I'm in the middle of an unexpected move so I dont have any of my customizing kit available, so this is a pretty rough WIP.

I started by taking off the sleeves, gaiters, guantlets, and knee pads. I wanted to start as clean as possible.

Obviously, I took the suit straps off, then moved to the diagonal harness strap. I love the look.

And just messing around, I channeled my inner Liefeld and came up with the thigh and arm pouches. Initially it was just for fun, but I like the way the thigh pouches look...not sold on the arms. I'm not brave enough yet to jack with the shoulder pads or holsters.

The katanas are a pretty messy desl, but again, no access to my kit.

In a few weeks I should be settled, and can get some better pics and make some cleaner mods. Thanks for looking!

Lookin good man, I had that little one back in the day, it was the first DP action figure I believe. I'm considering getting this figure next, might pick it up in a few weeks as it looks like SS's best Marvel figure so far.

You should pick it up bro! It's a pretty highly underrated figure and can be had for less then retail on ebay these days. Honestly all the SSC marvel figures have been great - get the lighter headsculpt for Punisher and that becomes a knockout figure, and if you get lucky enough to get a Wolverine with no issues, you'll have the absolute best 1/6 Wolvie available at this time.

That little Toybiz deadpool figure takes me back too man... memories of scouring Toys R Us's looking for all those x-men figures, good times!

You should pick it up bro! It's a pretty highly underrated figure and can be had for less then retail on ebay these days. Honestly all the SSC marvel figures have been great - get the lighter headsculpt for Punisher and that becomes a knockout figure, and if you get lucky enough to get a Wolverine with no issues, you'll have the absolute best 1/6 Wolvie available at this time.

That little Toybiz deadpool figure takes me back too man... memories of scouring Toys R Us's looking for all those x-men figures, good times!

I think I will and I want the others as well but some of sideshows choices annoy me, the super dark face for punisher on an overall killer looking figure, the QC on wolverine is awful at a 250 dollar price point, DP being the first out the gate its weird it turned out so well. No figure is perfect but I think its harder to overlook issues when they charge so much, that side they got my attention, I want them for sure, just want a big discount to bite. I think a reasonable price for these would be 180ish.

I think I will and I want the others as well but some of sideshows choices annoy me, the super dark face for punisher on an overall killer looking figure, the QC on wolverine is awful at a 250 dollar price point, DP being the first out the gate its weird it turned out so well. No figure is perfect but I think its harder to overlook issues when they charge so much, that side they got my attention, I want them for sure, just want a big discount to bite. I think a reasonable price for these would be 180ish.

Yeah, I agree. All of them are overpriced by a pretty huge margin. Really everything SSC and HT puts out is these days.

I got Wolvie and DP on flexpay so it didn't feel quite as bad of a blow, but still.. definitely too much for what you get. I couldnt pay full price for Punisher with that dark head tho since I knew Id have to get a different head. I got scored a decent deal on an EX on ebay, then put the rest of what he would have cost into a lighter head.

Yeah, I agree. All of them are overpriced by a pretty huge margin. Really everything SSC and HT puts out is these days.

I got Wolvie and DP on flexpay so it didn't feel quite as bad of a blow, but still.. definitely too much for what you get. I couldnt pay full price for Punisher with that dark head tho since I knew Id have to get a different head. I got scored a decent deal on an EX on ebay, then put the rest of what he would have cost into a lighter head.

Funny thing to as I like them a lot, both wolverine heads rock, brown and yellow is my favorite costume too, it should be in my collection, I think your right, all these figures are over priced which is an age old complaint, guess I've gotten more picky and selective with my sixth scale buy's over the past couple of years, only 2 new HT figures last year, DP & Alien Warrior.

Funny thing to as I like them a lot, both wolverine heads rock, brown and yellow is my favorite costume too, it should be in my collection, I think your right, all these figures are over priced which is an age old complaint, guess I've gotten more picky and selective with my sixth scale buy's over the past couple of years, only 2 new HT figures last year, DP & Alien Warrior.

Same here brother - I've been priced out of going all out with 1/6 stuff. Only a select few for me the past few years too

it really is a great figure! i think the deadpool movie coming out and the speculation really hurt that figure w a lot of collectors as they seem to go for the movie side of things w/ collecting... i think if the movie version wasn't in the cards, this would have been gone in no time.

as a comic style deadpool, this thing is tops in my opinion!

it really is a great figure! i think the deadpool movie coming out and the speculation really hurt that figure w a lot of collectors as they seem to go for the movie side of things w/ collecting... i think if the movie version wasn't in the cards, this would have been gone in no time.

as a comic style deadpool, this thing is tops in my opinion!

Agreed 100%

Hot Toys movie based figures definitely garner more attention than comic based stuff lately.

I love my SSC 'pool!

3888d7e3c78b11481261aa0c8ecd9eca.jpg

Sweet pic, looks fantastic too, that's the one thing the movie missed, grenades:fireworks

I usually prefer comic versions to movie, comic always tends to capture the character as intended, movies its hit or miss.

Thanks man! Im with ya, dig the movies and all, but there's nothing like the original comic versions to me.

Back