Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mine is that same floppy as anything!! Not impressed. Think he will have to be given a new bod and a jolly good talking to.

Dorgmal

Yeah mine is that same floppy as anything!! Not impressed. Think he will have to be given a new bod and a jolly good talking to.

Dorgmal

Yep, bit of a dissapointment. I've read all the for's and against's and I'm not going to get into a slanging match with anyone, but for "fresh out the box" posability, overall appearance and just plain old FUN value...... Hasbro has it.

Whoops! I mean Medicom.

Just my opinion.

LOL totally agree... Medis are a little weedy, and the hands are too small but in my opinion they whip the batty of mr floppy, no neck opps hes fallen over again and his heads fallen off sideshow stormie!!
Infact I think I hate him!! gonna feed him to the mighty Sarlacc or let Chewie rip his arms off, no wait I think 3PO could do that!!

Dorgmal

Ha, ha, ha we are going to get totally flamed in this thread for speaking such heresy! (like I give a gnats cods.)
The real shame is I want to like him!
I also want to order the Luke & Han Stormie 2 pack on Friday, but if this is the best Sideshow has... I may be voting with my wallet.

I will say despite its joint problems Im enjoying this figure alot. I dont mind using the stand and cant stop changing his pose. Cant wait for Vader to hit.

Yeah Id would like to tighten the ankle joint. Its really the culprit!
Whats up Bacca!

The ankle joints were loose on mine too. I pulled them out of the foot, and took the two halves apart. Next I put some tape on the inside of both halves so they would pad the gap out between the two , and create some friction. Popped the halves back together and voila! They aren't loose anymore.

For the loose limbs I didn't take the body apart, I just bound the joints with gaffer tape. You can't notice the tape under the bodysuit and armour, and gaffer is stretchy enough to allow movement, but strong enough to hold the pose.

I once read that LEGO makes much more money in Europe than in the U.S. The reason was because American kids tend to buy a few sets, and then use the parts over and over, generally not adhering to the purpose of whichever set the parts came from. European kids were more likely to buy sets continuously, assembling the set and leaving it assembled. Obviously this isn't universal, but LEGO's research into why the sales discrepancies exist turned up these dominant trends and suspected it to be the cause.

Having read many threads regarding the pros and cons of owning Sideshow vs. Medicom, I wonder if this explains the tendency of non-Americans (or Americans who tend to think from a more non-American point of view) to prefer Medicom. It's been observed by a few people that Sideshow fans prefer to futz a figure, and my own observations have made it pretty clear that Medicom fans want a prototype perfect figure straight out of the box.

Just musing. I don't own any stormtroopers so I don't have anything real to contribute to this thread. But the Sandtrooper looks like it will be killer. I hope the issues are resolved by that point, but if they aren't, I don't expect to have much of a problem with making the necessary adjustments. The end result will be worth it.

Just received my 2 reg Stormies but I have to sell one to fund my HT mk3 Iron Man that just arrived... I'm sure I'll be able to pick up another Stormie further down the line. Just hope I get good joints with the one I keep! Will take pics soon...

I once read that LEGO makes much more money in Europe than in the U.S. The reason was because American kids tend to buy a few sets, and then use the parts over and over, generally not adhering to the purpose of whichever set the parts came from. European kids were more likely to buy sets continuously, assembling the set and leaving it assembled. Obviously this isn't universal, but LEGO's research into why the sales discrepancies exist turned up these dominant trends and suspected it to be the cause.

Having read many threads regarding the pros and cons of owning Sideshow vs. Medicom, I wonder if this explains the tendency of non-Americans (or Americans who tend to think from a more non-American point of view) to prefer Medicom. It's been observed by a few people that Sideshow fans prefer to futz a figure, and my own observations have made it pretty clear that Medicom fans want a prototype perfect figure straight out of the box.

Just musing. I don't own any stormtroopers so I don't have anything real to contribute to this thread. But the Sandtrooper looks like it will be killer. I hope the issues are resolved by that point, but if they aren't, I don't expect to have much of a problem with making the necessary adjustments. The end result will be worth it.

This is interesting. I agree that I prefer a figure to be as close to perfect when coming out of the box, so I don't need to modify it.

The ankle joints were loose on mine too. I pulled them out of the foot, and took the two halves apart. Next I put some tape on the inside of both halves so they would pad the gap out between the two , and create some friction. Popped the halves back together and voila! They aren't loose anymore.

For the loose limbs I didn't take the body apart, I just bound the joints with gaffer tape. You can't notice the tape under the bodysuit and armour, and gaffer is stretchy enough to allow movement, but strong enough to hold the pose.

May try this, thanks.

So, in summary, Americans have more imagination? :monkey3

Don't get me in trouble man. :lol

Dorgmal's army of Gonk droids might disagree with that assessment :lol

Brits are a lot less European than the rest of Europe.

For the record, I have dual citizenship to Canukland and the U.S. I both like my SS Stormtrooper better than Medi's and utilize a single LEGO set for multiple builds. Hope that doesn't throw a sabot into your tage. :lol

I'm pretty sure I could find atleast one Canadian here who would attest to the dominance of the American strain in your personality.

I'm pretty sure I could find atleast one Canadian here who would attest to the dominance of the American strain in your personality.

The lack of BS tolerance? :lol I can think of one in particular who spent last night enjoying the limp biscuit from the Utapau thread. :p

Damn it Will!!! I am so sick to death of you sabo'ing my tage!!! :cuss

That's not what you said last night. :naughty

Here are a couple of my pics :)

DSCF1675.JPG

DSCF1687.JPG

This is getting really tiresome. :sleep

It's okay. First off, that's a British kitbash hence the DPM cammo, so he's making fun of the English and his own family members with the other pic. Secondly, I think he's compensating for his lack of life experience and intelligence with humorless immature personal insults because he actually lacks the ability to have a sophisticated debate.

Additionally, I like airsoft because I possess a certain skillset and actually prefer utilizing it in a fun, constructive, athletic matter where injuries are no more than BB welts and sprained ankles, rather than shooting at other human beings again with real guns and devastating results. Though, in his ignorance, I doubt he'd fathom exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Back