Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's just the body. This is it next to a pretty average sized HT head. If you allow for the fact that it does indeed come on and off like a helmet (as can be seen in the stuntman making-of pics) as opposed to the actor head actually wrapped with bandages, it's probably somewhat close. Maybe oversized by 5-10%, hard to say for sure.

tusk1_zpsd9o5urkw.png

And I don't have the Tusken box handy to take pics of the hands, but the hands are pretty small if you put them next to a standard set of HT hands. It was one of the first things I did before swapping to a larger gloved hand. Next to the head, the new hands look way more in proportion.

Your Tuskens look epic, Chris!!! Really nice work there.

I'm not interested in getting into a debate on this one. For me I was fine with the Tuken as is. I fixed the feet wrap, dirtied and weathered his robes but pretty much left him as is. I really think he shows well. I think anyone could argue either way on the gloves and arms. I think the arms comes down to the posing possibilities more than anything else. But I don't go crazy with my poses on this one so I like him just fine. I think SS did a superb job on this, minus the feet and flimsy body.

Your Tuskens look epic, Chris!!! Really nice work there.

I'm not interested in getting into a debate on this one. For me I was fine with the Tuken as is. I fixed the feet wrap, dirtied and weathered his robes but pretty much left him as is. I really think he shows well. I think anyone could argue either way on the gloves and arms. I think the arms comes down to the posing possibilities more than anything else. But I don't go crazy with my poses on this one so I like him just fine. I think SS did a superb job on this, minus the feet and flimsy body.

Thanks Will.

I did the same mods to my Tuskens. New body, rewrapped feet and arms.

I am very pleased with them. As Talibane's pic shows, the head size really isn't an issue. No need for me to pick up a HT version if ones was ever to be released.

I honestly have been one of the people griping about the huge noggin. ZE_501 proved to me that there were in fact varying sizes of costume head pieces (somewhere back in this thread he dug up expert costume recreater's notes with images) and there is in fact a fat-headed sand person on set.

Right, but that's part of the problem. With the fat noggin, this figure represents the least iconic and least recognizable of the Tusken Raiders from the movie.

Gimme this guy:

Tusken5.jpg

Every time this thread makes it to the first page, I sadly hope it's because it's getting the dreaded Sideshow re-release.

Like I need more figures. lol

Good to know which body it is now that he's on his way here :)

I'd be interested to know how that works out for you Slikkerias. I put my Tusken on a HT Spacetrooper body (which is the same I think as the tall ST) new out of the box and the chest was pretty floppy with the head on it, which I put down to the Tusken head being so large and heavy. I'm eventually going to put it on something like a Han muscle body whenever I have the money.

Remarkably, after 6 months of keeping the string open in my Ebay search feed, I was able to snag a Sideshow Tusken Raider on Ebay AUD for $240 (incl. postage). It was $260, but my offer of $250 was accepted, and then I applied a further 10% off via an Ebay promotion. So, roughly $172 USD all up. Likely the best Star Wars-related buy I've yet made for a rare figure.

I was wavering somewhat, as like others I'm hoping Sideshow revisit the figure, but it appears they have moved on to ESB at present, and if they do have a 'gentleman's agreement' to complement the Hot Toys original trilogy release schedule, then I don't see a Tusken Raider on the horizon anytime soon.

Anyway - any tips for dirtying and weathering the robes (nothing drastic, just to darken the pinkish hue)? Thanks! :)

Back