Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked Jack Bauer this and he said, quote, 'I would think eventually but nothing solid that I have seen right now.' So while there isn't one coming soon (that he knows of) I agree with him that eventually they'll do this, especially as they must have realised that a lot of people are on a 12 back mission. Besides, like the sand trooper it's an army builder - people seem to want two of those and they'll want two of these. As for SSC the prices for the Tuskens are just silly, I'd never pay that much for something you've got to do a body swap on which doesn't 'represent' a film, but merely completes the 12 back thing (which you can't complete anyway because no one's going to do a Death Squad Commander!).

Yeah, I suppose it's possible. It seems like it would be a SS thing though, being that they just did the jawas. Not looking to complete a 12-back thing (hadn't even heard of that until now - although I would like a Death Squad Commander!) just want one for photo shoots. The body swap sucks - not EXACTLY sure why it's neccessary (height? bulk?) but it seems everyone does it. I just don't see a new one having a much better sculpt or accessorieds that this one.

Dammit...still on the fence.

I asked Jack Bauer this and he said, quote, 'I would think eventually but nothing solid that I have seen right now.' So while there isn't one coming soon (that he knows of) I agree with him that eventually they'll do this, especially as they must have realised that a lot of people are on a 12 back mission. Besides, like the sand trooper it's an army builder - people seem to want two of those and they'll want two of these. As for SSC the prices for the Tuskens are just silly, I'd never pay that much for something you've got to do a body swap on which doesn't 'represent' a film, but merely completes the 12 back thing (which you can't complete anyway because no one's going to do a Death Squad Commander!).

I wouldn't put it past SSC to rerelease it either given the Boba and Probe Droid releases and then you've thrown your money away.

What's the deal with the body swap? Is there an issue with the body on this figure?

Go on chat at SSC and ask if they have plans to re - visit this figure. I can understand Fett and Vader getting v2's...but I'm doubtful this one will be done again.

Yes, those evilbay prices are high...but this was one of Sideshow ' s best....glad I picked up two when they were available.

Go on chat at SSC and ask if they have plans to re - visit this figure. I can understand Fett and Vader getting v2's...but I'm doubtful this one will be done again.

Yes, those evilbay prices are high...but this was one of Sideshow ' s best....glad I picked up two when they were available.

ALRIGHT, dammit...I'm doing it!

What's the deal with the body swap? Is there an issue with the body on this figure?

Generally speaking most Sideshow bodies are pretty crappy. Problems with standing up (without stand) without falling down, posing with arms high holding weapons without the arms dropping down and in general not looking very natural when posed. I would say I have this problem on about 65% of my SSC figures. But it seems down to luck, on a couple of the figures I have multiples of some are fine and other are pretty bad. From the less complaints on the forum it looks like they have solved this problem with the newer type bodies this last year. The last figures I bought was the Deluxe Clones and those still had the old bodies, but that was a year and a half ago.

The complaints about this particular figure (apart from the other issues) is that the arms are too short. I'm unsure if it's because of this particular body or a combination of the robes and body. But a body of another brand apparently fixes it. I haven't changed the bodies on mine, but that's because I have put them back in the box awaiting their customized brethren.

Edit: I lied the last figures I bought was Echo and Fives Phase 1, but those still had the bad bodies so...

The complaints about this particular figure (apart from the other issues) is that the arms are too short. I'm unsure if it's because of he particular body or a combination of the robes and body.

Combination. The arms on the Prometheus are extra problematic when raised giving a short appearance because of the shoulder construction. The way the robes are designed (not SSC's fault) makes the arms look even shorter. The smallish hands don't help either. :)

ALRIGHT, dammit...I'm doing it!

If you haven't bought it yet I would suggest waiting for an auction that starts at $150 or lower, or check the Sideshow Freaks sales threads regularly. I think the high prices are largely driven by impatience, but I don't think they're actual worth over $200.

If you haven't bought it yet I would suggest waiting for an auction that starts at $150 or lower, or check the Sideshow Freaks sales threads regularly. I think the high prices are largely driven by impatience, but I don't think they're actual worth over $200.

ok, ok TonTon...you talked me down! Other stuff I can get first anyway. Thanks for the input all!

ok, ok TonTon...you talked me down! Other stuff I can get first anyway. Thanks for the input all!

Yeah, it just seems anytime I see an actual auction that starts at a lower price, there aren't tons of bids and it usually sells for a more normal final price. This figure is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll be more pleased with it if you get it for a good price, especially if you decide to put money and effort into switching the body out, etc.

:lecture Yep. Just be patient. Don't pay ridiculous ebay prices.

I decided (against my better judgement) to go for a 12-Back shelf, just to see what it looks like -- knowing full well I'd probably edit it down later.

So I took a look at current Tusken prices. Nope. They're just insultingly high. I understand paying more for an OOP piece and have nothing against free markets, but for me personally there's a line that gets crossed in terms of value-for-money where I won't go.

Patience in this hobby pays off. Watch and wait. :lecture

Combination. The arms on the Prometheus are extra problematic when raised giving a short appearance because of the shoulder construction. The way the robes are designed (not SSC's fault) makes the arms look even shorter. The smallish hands don't help either. :)

That would annoy the hell out of me given that the Tusken Raider's signature pose is holding a gaderffi stick over his head.

I sniped a deluxe version Tusken on feebay over the summer, just under $200 shipped. I already had one, but it was the regular version and I really wanted a 2nd one to with him. The fact that it was a deluxe was just icing on the cake.

Patience does pay off. Be persistent in checking new listings and you'll eventually find what you're looking for at a fair price.

I decided (against my better judgement) to go for a 12-Back shelf, just to see what it looks like -- knowing full well I'd probably edit it down later.

So I took a look at current Tusken prices. Nope. They're just insultingly high. I understand paying more for an OOP piece and have nothing against free markets, but for me personally there's a line that gets crossed in terms of value-for-money where I won't go.

Patience in this hobby pays off. Watch and wait. :lecture

One of many great posts, and 'insultingly' high is spot on. Some people rate this figure highly, but no one is ever going to say it's up there with the best of the best, and to pay several times its value for a figure that needs modding would leave me feeling depressed. This character isn't Bane or The Godfather, it's a temporary gap in the market which will eventually be filled. In fact, threads like this may even help to raise awareness of the demand. I bet it would help sales of the jaws if people had a chance to buy this again too (but apologies to those collectors who hate stuff being rereleased).

One of many great posts, and 'insultingly' high is spot on. Some people rate this figure highly, but no one is ever going to say it's up there with the best of the best, and to pay several times its value for a figure that needs modding would leave me feeling depressed. This character isn't Bane or The Godfather, it's a temporary gap in the market which will eventually be filled. In fact, threads like this may even help to raise awareness of the demand. I bet it would help sales of the jaws if people had a chance to buy this again too (but apologies to those collectors who hate stuff being rereleased).
I think the body cost is getting blown out of proportion. I upgraded all 4 of my tuskens with the storm trooper bodies and I was getting them for under 30 dollars shipped. If 30 dollars to invest in one figure is breaking the bank and making someone get squishy pants this is the wrong hobby to be in.

Also Bane was one of the most modded figures out there. Go to the DC mods sections and you'll find 100s of pages to mod his boots, body, pants head paint, the alternate jacket. People sunk an extra Hundo into him like it was nothing to make the figure better.

It depends on the priorities and I value the Tusken Raiders with my setup for ANH because I have other complimentary pieces like the dewback and Cantina that with a little sand can make a great diorama with little effort. Three tuskens behind a real rock on some Home Depot sand is looking pretty damned gorgeous to my eyes when I see it every night.

I think Tom just meant the ridiculous prices people are charging for the Tusken to begin with. Currently the only US buy it now on eBay is $400, which is obviously absurd, and one recently sold for $350 somehow.

Sideshow has scaled back on 1/6 development and production, so re-releases will be a major feature of Sideshow's range in the coming year or two. I would say it is 100% dead certain we will see re-releases of the Tusken and the Snowie, and maybe they'll fix the issues on both. They made an effort on the Fett re-release to fix that fig's many errors.

I think the body cost is getting blown out of proportion. I upgraded all 4 of my tuskens with the storm trooper bodies and I was getting them for under 30 dollars shipped. If 30 dollars to invest in one figure is breaking the bank and making someone get squishy pants this is the wrong hobby to be in.

Also Bane was one of the most modded figures out there. Go to the DC mods sections and you'll find 100s of pages to mod his boots, body, pants head paint, the alternate jacket. People sunk an extra Hundo into him like it was nothing to make the figure better.

It depends on the priorities and I value the Tusken Raiders with my setup for ANH because I have other complimentary pieces like the dewback and Cantina that with a little sand can make a great diorama with little effort. Three tuskens behind a real rock on some Home Depot sand is looking pretty damned gorgeous to my eyes when I see it every night.

At retail prices I'm happy to upgrade a body but I only pay aftermarket prices for figures that are really special and don't need that kind of basic upgrade. Did you mean you replaced the Tusken bodies with Sideshow stormtrooper bodies? No disrespect, but I would consider an upgrade to be a HT body, not another Sideshow body.

The set-up you've got sounds wonderful! Would love to see pics.

At retail prices I'm happy to upgrade a body but I only pay aftermarket prices for figures that are really special and don't need that kind of basic upgrade. Did you mean you replaced the Tusken bodies with Sideshow stormtrooper bodies? No disrespect, but I would consider an upgrade to be a HT body, not another Sideshow body.

The set-up you've got sounds wonderful! Would love to see pics.

No Hot toys stormtroopers, I picked up 2 sandtrooper hot toys bodies on eBay last month for 25 shipped. Good bodies are not hard to find.

No Hot toys stormtroopers, I picked up 2 sandtrooper hot toys bodies on eBay last month for 25 shipped. Good bodies are not hard to find.

They always separate the neck joint these days and those bodies are covered in little pads.:gah:

Back