Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got my Tusken this morning... it's not bad, but there is a sort of Hasbro vibe to it. in hand, it feels cheap... plastic... it feels more like a toy than a collectible figure. happily, with a little distance on the shelf, it does look good...

May "feel" like Hasbro, but from these pic's, it certainly doesnt "look" Like Habro.

Im sure they will add to your already awesome custom Tuskens. I cant wait to see the whole group together.

I was able to grab some parts as well. It will be nice to have a mix of customs and SSC's, add some variety.

I really hope the SS one goes alright with the ones I made. Some weathering on the SS figure should help. I stayed away from buying any extra SS heads and just got some hands, a gaffi stick and two resperators.

Looks decent. How are the joints?

i got my Tusken this morning... it's not bad, but there is a sort of Hasbro vibe to it. in hand, it feels cheap... plastic... it feels more like a toy than a collectible figure. happily, with a little distance on the shelf, it does look good...

Thanks for the honest description.

the joints and body in general are a write off. the feet / booties are shameful. the gear and accessories are nice however and as i mentioned, once posed, the figure does look great.

Agreed about the body - it's a bit floppy. On both of mine. So I assume it might be a running flop. But also agreed that, once posed, it looks great.

dsc09132i.jpg

Still having body issues i see SS. Think i'll wait till this is very cheap as i see 135$ too high for loose bodys.

Loving this. Totally loving it. I will be staring at the fedex delivery screen come Monday.

MJ, you are so awesome for taking so many pics at work (I hope you're the boss!)

This looks so much better than I expected.

Flosi, I went through your "Cuskens" thread the other day - can't wait to army build with this guy based on your work. I had my Gammy cloned within a few weeks of getting him!

Love, love, love...

dsc09092p.jpg

Yep, I get the general dislike for the pro bodies, but he seems to have turned out great. Glad I ordered two. Now I just need Bossk to turn out well and I'm good.

Loving this. Totally loving it. I will be staring at the fedex delivery screen come Monday.

MJ, you are so awesome for taking so many pics at work (I hope you're the boss!)

This looks so much better than I expected.

Flosi, I went through your "Cuskens" thread the other day - can't wait to army build with this guy based on your work. I had my Gammy cloned within a few weeks of getting him!

Love, love, love...

dsc09092p.jpg

Yeah! You gotta have more than one TR in the collection. :lecture I can't wait to see the customs displayed with SS's.:yess:

they have this doll - like vibe... typical SST flat foot with a piece of loosened fabric attempting to hide the joint. not a problem when posed as the robe covers it... just sort of a wtf moment when unboxing.

Agreed about the body - it's a bit floppy. On both of mine. So I assume it might be a running flop. But also agreed that, once posed, it looks great.

dsc09132i.jpg

is that twiki helping the tuskens hold up neyo?.........:lol

paying $134 for this doesn't feel like Hasbro either.

the joints and body in general are a write off. the feet / booties are shameful. the gear and accessories are nice however and as i mentioned, once posed, the figure does look great.

Pointing out the shortcomings as you see them is fine, but when the majority of us don't yet have this in hand, some detail would be good.

The feet are difficult to pose... but none of the above bothers me. The robe covers the feet in just about every pose I've put them in. It might be tough to get them to stand on their own without the stands, tho.

- MJ

Back