Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Attakus is a nice statue, but it's obviously a statue. Sideshow's looks like a miniature version of the real thing
Well.. I'd say the Attakus does more so. They've gotten the head & robes looking right - & that's the difference between SSC's looking amazing, & ultimately sucking.

The head needs to be big & scary, & the robes need to have that natural draped look - plus have the right amount of weathering & wear. Hard to replicate in a smaller scale sometimes, & so far the teaser image hasn't wowed me in that regard really.

I love this character - & I'm a HUGE EpIV fan, so yeah.. really keen to see how this one turns out.

Well.. I'd say the Attakus does more so. They've gotten the head & robes looking right - & that's the difference between SSC's looking amazing, & ultimately sucking.

The head needs to be big & scary, & the robes need to have that natural draped look - plus have the right amount of weathering & wear. Hard to replicate in a smaller scale sometimes, & so far the teaser image hasn't wowed me in that regard really.

I love this character - & I'm a HUGE EpIV fan, so yeah.. really keen to see how this one turns out.

Do me a favor and post a pic of the Attakus in this pose. Thanks!

T3Afh.png

Do me a favor and post a pic of the Attakus in this pose. Thanks!

T3Afh.png
Yes.. the statue doesn't move - thanks! :lol

I'm just saying.. the statue looks great. As always, I'll need to see more pics before I make a real judgement on the figure though.

Last edited:
I will probably cancel the EX and get it cheaper we'll see. Just glad to see some OT love after the barrage of clones. (plus i love Tatooine)

I know that no one is thrilled about how expensive Sideshow's figures have gotten lately, making those Sideshow exclusives less tempting. However, if you factor in that 5% rewards points discount, being able to get that extra gaffi weapon works out to being only about $6 more than picking it up at one of the cheaper online retailers -- well worth it even if you don't consider its potential value over the regular edition years from now.

Ha, that is kewl. Never knew they used a elephant.

What did you think they were using?... :dunno

:lol

one thing i dont understand is why order this, when for the same price you can have the attakus tusken raider which is order of magnitude more detailed and with real metal parts.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CACC135lg.jpg

$135.00 =/= $299.00 :dunno

Besides, what's the need for Metal parts, if the fabric is sculpted?...:lol

And in regard to statue vs 1/6. I only have the Attakus Boba Fett and he is still pretty cool after all these years. I do, however, mostly collect 1/6 and my Marmit is my favorite Fett, even over the Medi.

betcha that elephant didn't think it was cool................he was prolly sweatin' like a pig.................:monkey1

I'd imagine so; was that part filmed in Tunisia as well? Seems you'd have a lot of dead elephants on a shoot like that :lol

I'd imagine so; was that part filmed in Tunisia as well? Seems you'd have a lot of dead elephants on a shoot like that :lol

from wiki
the first bantha to appear on-screen was in the original 1977 Star Wars. Computer-generated imagery was not used to create the creature. Rather, an elephant was dressed in a costume of fur and fake horns. This proved problematic for George Lucas during filming. The elephant was unaccustomed to heat, and during the filming of Tatooine scenes in Death Valley, California, its costume kept coming off.[3][4][5] Lucas retained the original shots of the elephant, rather than replacing them with CGI, for the 1997 re-release of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.[6]

The elephant was a female Asian Elephant from Marine World Africa USA, named Mardji. She appeared both in the movie and in television commercials (for Skippy Peanut Butter). In 1995, aged 44, she was euthanized because of an untreatable and painful bone condition in her front legs.[7]

Before I learned it was an elephant I just assumed it was a giant puppet :huh Its not like it moves all that much; but being an elephant underneath makes it even cooler :rock

Really? I remember seeing a behind the scenes when I was little, and they showed them being elephants... I thought it was common SW knowledge... :lol

betcha that elephant didn't think it was cool................he was prolly sweatin' like a pig.................:monkey1

The Bantha scenes were actually filmed in Death Valley California...
So I'm sure no elephants were harmed... :peace

Back