Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

It's a little green for Tatooine.....but I like the natural sunlight!!

That looks like an excellent candidate for a background replacement. The sand in the foreground is awesome too.

Thats funny matrix69 I've got the tusken raider on the same stand(Han solo carbonite)
Here some pictures of mine, Ive customised it, pinched the idea from rorywan (thankyou) or something like that name
image.jpgimage.jpg

Nice futzing.

Take a look at Chris' (Chakaman's) thread to see some excellent Tusken Raider re-work sometime. IMO, water-treating the robes and swapping the hands out to Indiana Jones DX05 gloved hands are the easiest mods with the most bang for your buck. Next comes mild weathering and finally a body swap to really improve the arms and make it easier for him to stand on his own (if that's a priority for you).

Thats funny matrix69 I've got the tusken raider on the same stand(Han solo carbonite)
Here some pictures of mine, Ive customised it, pinched the idea from rorywan (thankyou) or something like that name

:duff

Here's my one, I did a lot of weathering, recovering and added new feet/wraps and body. Used HT feet to make new boots. And dyed the cloth to get rid of the pink hue. Keep meaning to work on the tusks.

1-59.jpg
5-32.jpg
6-26.jpg
7-20.jpg
2-53.jpg
4-35.jpg
3-49.jpg

Nice futzing.

Take a look at Chris' (Chakaman's) thread to see some excellent Tusken Raider re-work sometime. IMO, water-treating the robes and swapping the hands out to Indiana Jones DX05 gloved hands are the easiest mods with the most bang for your buck. Next comes mild weathering and finally a body swap to really improve the arms and make it easier for him to stand on his own (if that's a priority for you).

Yes I'll have look at it, cheers

Body swap is essential for this fig because the arms are laughably short using the stock body.

I also think the gloved hands are way too petite. It's a weird one because nearly all of SSC's gloved hands these days are too big like the snowie's oven mitts.

Body swap is essential for this fig because the arms are laughably short using the stock body.

I also think the gloved hands are way too petite. It's a weird one because nearly all of SSC's gloved hands these days are too big like the snowie's oven mitts.

Agree on body swap alright,SS go from monkey arms buck to stumpy arms prom:) I think the hands are pretty well scaled though,it's the head size that makes them look petite

Agree on body swap alright,SS go from monkey arms buck to stumpy arms prom:) I think the hands are pretty well scaled though,it's the head size that makes them look petite

Slightly (and in some cases not slightly) oversized heads have been a SSC tradition since the start. It's actually weird to hold those heads next to the newest HT or DID heads - the diff in scale is amazing.

I swapped the Tusken gloved hands for slightly larger ones and they match the head size better. The hands - when raised up so they are near the (slightly oversized) head - I just thought looked a bit small. Yet I'm in the process of making smaller hands for my snowie.:gah:

It is funny how Luke Jedi was monkey arms and then - snowie and Tusken (very obviously) at least - they are too short.

Rory da man.

I missed out on this figure - & I could've gotten it for a great price from a local store about 9 months back, but I couldn't spare the cash at the time. This one's always been on my short list too.

Now - after market prices. The ****ers ruin it for everyone. So no Sand People for me till a divine stroke of luck happens my way with a bargain. :(

Rory da man.

I missed out on this figure - & I could've gotten it for a great price from a local store about 9 months back, but I couldn't spare the cash at the time. This one's always been on my short list too.

Now - after market prices. The ****ers ruin it for everyone. So no Sand People for me till a divine stroke of luck happens my way with a bargain. :(

https://www.toys2.net/Star-Wars-Tusken-Raider.html

Back