Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm feeling Really lucky over here.Out of the box my only issue was the loose toes, but that seems to be a design problem across the board. My opinion can only be colored by my own figure, which is a solid recommend. I'm hoping these problems, all of them, are addressed by the time Tychus rolls around. I would love to have a generic Marine down the line, as well as a Protoss or two, some Zerg and a Kerrigan figure. Starcraft figures are few and far between. Good ones are even rarer. Sideshow's got sculpting, paint and design down with Raynor. The problem seems to be with some of the pieces. Crossed fingers that all works out for those of you who are experiencing some issues with the figure.

I was extremely bless to get my Raynor from being parted out. I got mine for a much lower price and added a True type head and a gun from another 1/4 scale figure. I was a little worried when I read some of the problems others were having. I was bless also by not having any problems at all. His legs and ankles are strong and tight. My Raynor's right thumb did get loose but I did the super glue trick and it tightened right up. At first I thought his thumb was frozen straight but realized it was only turned backwards. Easy fix.

I believe if URDNOTSullivan gets another one, he will have a better figure as I agree he just got a poorly assembled one. He is a great figure and you will be happy to get another one.

AFM

Fixed the loose foot with a 25mm M3 socket head machine screw with some fibre washers on both ends. Waiting for some button head screws to turn up, so i used the socket head in the mean time.

Really easy to do & now he's rock solid.

This guy plastic or die cast/metal?

Haha if this guy was Diecast he would be over a grand, he is plastic, but IMO very well done plastic. Thankfully I haven't had any problems with mine *knock on wood* like other guys are having, I'm a big custom figure collector but I am LOVING this figure!

Man, whoever got the helmet off, how the hell did you manage to do so? I've tried everything for about an hour before I gave up. I cannot believe they did not make that helmet attachment a magnet piece to hold it together.

I think it was Scareb who recommended pulling up and forward. That worked for me after a bit. Eventually I felt the back clip come up, and from there the left clip came up fairly easy, and then I just had to work the right clip out. But once you get the hang of getting it off the first time its easier to do the second time.

Did you still pinch the left and right side as directed while pulling up and forward?

I think it was Scareb who recommended pulling up and forward. That worked for me after a bit. Eventually I felt the back clip come up, and from there the left clip came up fairly easy, and then I just had to work the right clip out. But once you get the hang of getting it off the first time its easier to do the second time.

It takes work but once you have it, it literally takes seconds. Like I just took it off and from the time I put my hand to it to the time I got it off was maybe 1.5 seconds?

Here's exactly what I do. Make sure his blast shield and gold visor are up. Place your thumb and middle finger where the little attention decals are and place your index finger where the visors are flipped up. Squeeze the helmet together and move your hand like you would if you were to roll the entire helmet forward which will free up the back tab which is your biggest problem. Once it's free, just gotta take it out.

With regards to the helmet removal, if does make a bit of noise the first time which people may mistake for forcing to hard, but the visor and blast shield do compress a little so there will be some plastic on plastic noise. Rolling it forward is the best method as the back "hood" of the shoulder/ neck armor prevents it from coming straight up. I recommend shaving down the teeth on the posts a little when after taking it out to facilitate ease of removal in the future(truth be told, the back post could be toothless and it would stay in just fine).

Yeah. Wasn't able to properly take a video as helmet removal is kind of a two hander deal haha. Basically all the little tabs have hooks so to speak to keep them attached to the armor. By squeezing the sides together, you unhook them but it's always th r back tab that stops it from coming out which is why you roll the helmet forward. So just squeeze the sides and push the helmet forward with your index finger and you'll feel the helmet loosen.

Here's a pic of the tabs IMAG0486.jpg

As for the wrists, its pretty easy. If you look on the underside of his wrist, you'll see two holes and looking closer, you'll see two screws. Using the Allan key I mentioned, you can tighten Them. I think some might have issues because the screws are painted so it might interfere with getting the key in. It worked for me though, and I didn't strip the screw either.

Brilliant, thanks Scareb managed to get the helmet off mine. Getting it back on was a bit of a trial, but managed that too. I think it will stay on from now-although it is good to know that it does come off. Thanks once again!!

Just takes practice. First couple times I had to use a flashlight to get the tabs back in properly but now with a little jiggering I can get the helmet back on easy. Only issues to watch out for are the mics when rolling it forward to take the helmet off and the back of the helmet. Because it essentially rests against the exhaust piece, constant removal will scrape the paint. Fortunately the rest of the suit is banged up so you'd never even notice.

Just takes practice. First couple times I had to use a flashlight to get the tabs back in properly but now with a little jiggering I can get the helmet back on easy. Only issues to watch out for are the mics when rolling it forward to take the helmet off and the back of the helmet. Because it essentially rests against the exhaust piece, constant removal will scrape the paint. Fortunately the rest of the suit is banged up so you'd never even notice.

Cheers-having got the helmet off I was not sure of the need of the second head piece either. Oh well, very happy with the figure but will stop messing with it now!

Back