Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I'm new here.

I just asked Sideshow CS today and here is what they said.

"That item is limited but there is no set edition size.
It will be made for a limited period of time. Once we are out of stock we will not make more but no Edition number will be set."

PS: I'm wondering how you know the general edition size without an officially stated number.:confused:

I thought that might be the case, thanks for confirming. I guess we won't know the actual number, the price will certainly limit it.

He looks like he's taking a squat in the official pics. The posture on the con photos looks much better. Is it just the pose or is it a different prototype?

Last edited:
I can never trust their limited number policy. I snagged a right hand of doom life sized replica off of there which was limited edition and it then went out of stock. Then around the time that hellboy 2 came out, all of a sudden "oh hey, we just found a **** ton of product we didn't know we had"

For the price they're asking, I would of expected a small run, maybe 750-1000.

I can never trust their limited number policy. I snagged a right hand of doom life sized replica off of there which was limited edition and it then went out of stock. Then around the time that hellboy 2 came out, all of a sudden "oh hey, we just found a **** ton of product we didn't know we had"

For the price they're asking, I would of expected a small run, maybe 750-1000.

I think that is a low estimate for a global release (these are not like Urban Vinyl limited releases) and have no COA.. the game is popular and there are collectors who will buy it because of its 'Robotness', even though they have not played the game.. but the price will slow sales.

As a comparison, Iron Monger is also an awesome and very popular piece but the RRP definitely slowed down sales.. Imho, $500 is a psychological and financial barrier / tipping point for collectibles.. as a result many collectors will be tempted to see if they can buy it cheaper on the secondary market.. and therefore not stick it on PO.

He looks like he's taking a squat in the official pics. The posture on the con photos looks much better. Is it just the pose or is it a different prototype?

The postures are different, but I think they have the same design. Can't be sure they are the same one since more than one could made at this point. However, the official picture has much better lighting thus the paint job looks letter and has that metal feeling to it. The comic con picture didn't blow me way at first galance due to the plastic feeling. However, the more I look at it the more I like it, it grows on me I guess.

I don't see them making over 1,000 total of Raynor. Probably more like 750. This is a fantastic looking figure and I ordered one myself but to a lot of people spending $500 on a 1/6 figure just isn't justifiable. BBTS has only sold a handful, if you trust their numbers, since it went up on their site last Thursday. There won't be thousands of these to be had. Price will keep this figure pretty limited imo.

I don't see them making over 1,000 total of Raynor. Probably more like 750. This is a fantastic looking figure and I ordered one myself but to a lot of people spending $500 on a 1/6 figure just isn't justifiable. BBTS has only sold a handful, if you trust their numbers, since it went up on their site last Thursday. There won't be thousands of these to be had. Price will keep this figure pretty limited imo.

I wish it's a small quantity release as well, so SideShow can have a good QC. Arthas was amazing, but I couldn't believe that they overlooked the big gap between the cape and shoulder.

Small quantity release also makes the price seems more acceptable for a 1/6 since there won't be too many people having this. More rare.

btw Where do you see BBTS sale numbers? They post this somewhere?

Last edited:
I wish it's a small quantity release as well, so SideShow can have a good QC. Arthas was amazing, but I couldn't believe that they overlooked the big gap between the cape and shoulder.

Small quantity release also makes the price seems more exceptable for a 1/6 since there won't be too many people having this. More rare.

btw Where do you see BBTS sale numbers? They post this somewhere?

Add the item to your cart and then adjust the quantity purchased on the shopping cart screen to a high number like 300. Then click the Update button and the quantity will adjust to the number of preorder slots they have available. It works the same for in stock items as well if you want to see how many they have remaining in stock.

I believe this is going to be a very low edition item. They need to start serializing these high end 1/6 figures though IMO. I got mine PO'd. Its gonna be a long wait for this guy.

I believe this is going to be a very low edition item. They need to start serializing these high end 1/6 figures though IMO. I got mine PO'd. Its gonna be a long wait for this guy.

The sooner they serialize this the better. :exactly:

Can't wait for some Zerg Units.

Hydra or Ultra would be nice.

A better quality Kerrigan action figure is cool too. The DC is good for its price, but a higher quality one is needed.

PS: I don't like the new Kerrigan statue. The posture is pretty bad, at least for me.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything beyond these marine figures. The others are a bit awkward as far as figures go. So I think we'll have Raynor, Tychus, and then the Kerrigan statue.

Yeah, I doubt they will fly off the shelves.

Kids who play Starcraft don't have money.
Not a lot of people who buy 1/6th stuff play starcraft.

It's a fairly small market I think.

I get the impression the people involved with this figure is more of a passion project and I don't know that they're interested in other figures even if they would be successful. For those that don't know, Sideshow isn't the ones actually developing this, it's by a different company through Sideshow: https://www.bigshottoyworks.com/

they will only make Raynor maybe Tychus and Kerrigan. I say maybe becuase they could scrap if Raynor sales are not good.

Even though I want them too they'll never make a larger line out of SCII. Look how slow Sideshows DIII has taken and only 2 peices.

Back