Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mjolnir you are 100% correct. At this price point QC issues should never be. I see maybe 15-20 people at the most assembling the 500 or so of these collectibles for a few weeks. Then when they are finished they move on to the next job. They have no vested interest in the item. Therefore they do shoddy work because ultimately they are only doing this for the money. Sure that is understandable, but not acceptable. Sideshow really needs to hire competent people who care about the work they are doing. All this money spent in R&D only to have it assembled like ****. Stupid.

heliface; that is unfortunate but not surprising. After Raynor, I'm good.

Mjolnir you are 100% correct. At this price point QC issues should never be. I see maybe 15-20 people at the most assembling the 500 or so of these collectibles for a few weeks. Then when they are finished they move on to the next job. They have no vested interest in the item. Therefore they do shoddy work because ultimately they are only doing this for the money. Sure that is understandable, but not acceptable. Sideshow really needs to hire competent people who care about the work they are doing. All this money spent in R&D only to have it assembled like ****. Stupid.

heliface; that is unfortunate but not surprising. After Raynor, I'm good.

Mine has other issues as well. Large and small cracks in all the rubber tubes, glue covering one of the chest lights, and his right power cell light flickers, or sometimes does not turn on.

Decided to contact sideshow about it, let's see what they have to say.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 553
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 522
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 545
Alright....finally saw this beast a week ago. Opened it up, no loose pieces hanging around, paint job looks great, head sculpt as expected. The articulation is on par as how others described, not too bad, not great either. With all those pipes and piston, you can't really make him to do a squat.

The biggest problem is it is top heavy. It means even with all the articulation available, he only can have a few pose without falling over, but I guess that's typical for most of the figures without a stand. His arms are quite heavy, so if you lift one in front he will fall over.

Now to the real defect I’ve found so far. The heel of the right foot is stuck. The blast shield outside the visor can’t be pulled all the way down. You guys can see the two pictures I’ve taken.

I was only home for the weekend and got a bad headache on Sunday, so my plan of building some new display cases fell through. Sorry about the weird pose. I didn’t have time to play with the articulation that much. I didn’t even get the chance of putting batteries in to test if the lights work. I will definitely do that the next time I’m home.

Hopefully this will help someone who is still trying to decide to get him or not.

IMG_2094.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

Still waiting for 3A (or 3zero, whatever) to make a Siege Tank roughly the size of their Rex.

Still waiting for 3A (or 3zero, whatever) to make a Siege Tank roughly the size of their Rex.

Where did you hear this? I've been looking to get the Starcraft ships or units since I'm more attached to them than the characters.

On another note. Can you guys who own this piece say if this could match well with the Kerrigan stat? I know that's 1/5 and this is 1/6 but I was hoping they'd match. I doubt SS will be making a Raynor stat and the Kerrigan might look real lonely in my display.

Heard it in my head. :p

Best I have is I mentioned it one time on facebook and they "liked" it.

But just what I want to see.

Where did you hear this? I've been looking to get the Starcraft ships or units since I'm more attached to them than the characters.

On another note. Can you guys who own this piece say if this could match well with the Kerrigan stat? I know that's 1/5 and this is 1/6 but I was hoping they'd match. I doubt SS will be making a Raynor stat and the Kerrigan might look real lonely in my display.

I'm getting her so I'll let you know whenever she ships.

Heard it in my head. :p

Best I have is I mentioned it one time on facebook and they "liked" it.

But just what I want to see.

Haha. I think we heard the same tune somewhere along the way. Been thinking of printing something for myself.

You know as a Starcraft fan I absolutely adore this figure, but the quality control for this has just be awful. I've heard more stories of people receiving a defective or broken piece than I have of people receiving flawless pieces. Even the figure I initially received was in a bad way with a missing plate, poor paint application, and a chest vent that would not close properly. After getting a refund and purchasing a new one, (because I really love Starcraft and I really wanted this figure) even the new one I received had issues out of the box.(loose finger joint where the lip came off of the dowel of the joint and a loose kneecap plate.) Luckily they were issues that were easily resolved and after resolving them my piece became more or less perfect. There are a lot of things Sideshow did right with this piece, but quality control is not one of them. For anyone that is still interested in this piece, I would suggest that you really consider whether or not you have the love of the character or the series to put up with the problems that are almost guaranteed to accompany it. That being said, I love my Raynor. He is huge, and intimidating, and just a joy to look at. He is a well designed figure that just does not have the love put into him to make him a truly great piece. I plan on getting Tychus, but I am prepared to have just as many problems with him.

Just amazon or google search "18 inch doll stand" and you'll find a bunch. I find the online prices are more expensive. If you have a craft store around like Michael's or AC Moore, both carry them (my local Michaels doesn't have them brick and mortar, but yours might.)https://www.etsy.com/listing/206248268/metal-doll-stand-for-18-american-girl?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_low-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=5f9a162e-1658-e109-cac6-00006e5646c5&kpid=206248268&gclid=CjwKEAjw0q2pBRC3jrb24JjE8VgSJAAyIzAd86pV67e6LJ_9bHUZ4Kh4VQdU6Pnd2FJvl2yCAKD1WhoCYIjw_wcB you can try that (sorry it's a long link)

the stand from etsy works well. Thanks. :)

Was just able to snag this guy on ebay for a more reasonable and realistic price of $400 FLAT with extra Head and Helmet!! Hurry, there's another for $400+$10 shipping, no extras. Both are US sellers....

I'm amazed you'd get this from ebay considering all the issues. How are you gonna return it if something is broken
Was just able to snag this guy on ebay for a more reasonable and realistic price of $400 FLAT with extra Head and Helmet!! Hurry, there's another for $400+$10 shipping, no extras. Both are US sellers....

Back