Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
So when you click the May 4th banner on the sideshow homepage and scroll down to r5 it says but now on his pic but takes you to the preview page...

Wow, what a bunch of junk [/Luke voice] for the promo code. I never get that. For the margins they have on all the merchandise, why not just include everything if you're celebrating Star Wars? I might've considered picking-up Obi-Wan with the coupon but battle droids and moronic clone variants? Nawwwpppp! *prints out coupon, puts in shredder, then dumps in toilet and flushes*

PS - Wor-Gar. My computer using IE11 also wouldn't display the eligible items on the right-hand side. Had to use Chrome to see them.

It's one thing that will never change about Sideshow - GC's and individually issued coupons are totally useless. It's like an invitation to go to a back room filled with returned junk and retaped boxes... and you get to buy one of those 12 items with a $25 discount!:slap

Thankfully their regular monthly discount coupons work on nearly all pieces and those make up for the bizarre GC anachronism.

$140 means nice margin for SSC. But release in 1 year's time? They should have held off previewing this until SSDC at the earliest. Any preview longer than 6-9 months is just super annoying.

Thanks for posting, Nate!

$140 sounds fair, but yeah, it's a little annoying to have the release date so far off especially since it's just basically another R2 with no electronics. And it doesn't seem like Sideshow has that many 1:6 projects coming down the line, either.

....Holding off, I may pick up down the road w/ rewards points, I want to see what comes down the pike for preorders over the next couple months.

So just $10 less than R2 with no accessories and no electronics? And R2 was overpriced considering the atrocious quality. No thanks.

I was figuring $150, so I'm good with $140... it's still like $30 too high (like every figure), but I'm guessing the ES will be much lower than R2 and it's still less than the Medicom version from a few years ago.

6cf14e20da215cf01f8de2ab652071e0.jpg

Awesome tattoos!!! :rock

I'm loving SS putting up a figure like this with no EX so I can wait for a coupon. Thanks SS!

Word, at $140 ($150 with shipping) is doable and I'd pay it... but knowing I can get it for $20 less and there's no pressure to buy now makes it easier.

Yeah what is Sideshow trying to push on us? :huh

:lol :lol

Back