Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your HT TOD Indy is the best that sculpt has ever looked. A TOD rework looks good on that head - the grime, blood and gloss/sweat really brings it to life. BBl's also looks really good. Your ROTLA also looks super nice - the gloss, the pastel flushing and the sideways glance do that sculpt a huge, huge favor.

Thanks! :duff

+1 The floor in the saber compartment fell off when I put the saber in... They sent a new head, which had more general issues (the circle drink door wouldn't sit flat the 2 pop up radar/dishes were more loose, doors closed less seemlessly. Sadly I had a crack in the black liner of the projector on my old head so I just couldn't fix it.

I gave up and just resigned to the fact this figure is just as futsy as every other except without any mix media!

This is arriving soon, so I'm a little worried to hear about all these problems.

Have you visited: The Hot Toys Storm Trooper thread? the Shadow Trooper? Star Lord? Wolverine? Robocop? Obi-Wan? Terminator T800 etc etc...?
Probe Droid? Even Tauntaun & Sleepy Hollow?
If you had you would have seen my positive and at times glowing reactions to figures which I believe are good/great/excellent.

No. You wait until I express my opinion on what I perceive as a disappointing release, then jump in with some juvenile barb. Like you did above when I mentioned the superior manufacturing on the MEDI R2.

Seems to me like your the one with negative toy fatigue Marker. You should feel confident in your own opinions and not feel the need to get defensive when someone disagrees with your own view. I personally believe the latest Sideshow releases (Drake, Snake, Solo, Luke, R2) are sub standard. That's my objective view, and it's an informed one, since I have all of them except Snake in hand. You are completely entitled to your opinion, I have never knocked anyone for expressing their own views, even when polar opposite to mine. I am entitled to my opinion also and I would appreciate you drop the passive aggressive bites everytime I post. Just hit the ignore button if you don't want to hear another collectors (my) opposing view of a figure, personally that's what I thought an open discussion forum for collectors like this was all about. But you seem upset about what you perceive to be negative comments about toys you like. May I respectfully suggest that an open forum like this may not be the most suitable environment for someone who does not wish to hear others opinions, be it good or bad?

Let's keep it to Star Wars and yes I've been to all of those threads. The Obi-Wan and ANH Han threads prove my point of how you approve everything about them and give the sculpts a pass just because they are Hot Toys made. You look at Sideshow pieces with far more scrutiny. It's ok to have a Hot Toys bias, that's fine, you can admit it. And yes, I like them too for the most part and I'm buying both.

I don't have any fatigue. I truly love every piece I get and every piece I've gotten this year has been near flawless and lived up to my expectations. Be it Sideshow 1/6, Hot Toys 1/6, and 1/4 PFs. Whether that's because I have a more positive attitude towards the hobby in general, I don't know. Nothing is perfect in life. I'm down to earth and realistic in expectations, and I truly seek out the positives in every piece more than harp on the negatives. I notice and acknowledge them of course, nothing wrong with that. But to me, there just isn't much of a reason to constantly point them out. You seem to enjoy constantly pointing them out, the negatives. And that's mostly on the Sideshow figures (you know which 3). That's fine, but we just don't need to hear that long winded harping repeatedly. Just my opinion of course and just what I perceive of your posts.

And I won't put you on ignore. So lets move on. :peace

Rory, I don't want to add to this, but I think marker made some valid points in a very respectful, level-headed way. I have to say that I too have seen a change in tone in your posts as well.

Like you say, we're all entitled to our own opinion, and I and most of us here really do respect yours. But lately it does seem that you have been more aggressively negative. Sorry I don't mean to pile on, but I think you were being a little unfair to marker and I felt I had to say something. :peace

:lol Two members hold opposing views about a figure's build quality and each is happy to voice them. Big deal.

Wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone agreed. I like hearing different views about a figure, and I'll make up my own mind when I get it in hand.

:lol Two members hold opposing views about a figure's build quality and each is happy to voice them. Big deal.

Exactly, I don't get why they give a damn that I don't like the figures?
I seem to get singled out again and again. People seem to get particularly ******** if I say my piece and it goes against their opinion. Tough. Hit ignore.

I don't agree with either of you (Lou & Marker) to be honest I think you are incredibly undiscerning if I'm being straight up and blinkered depending on what you have ordered. Most of the time I completely disagree with your opinion, do I attack you for that, absolutely not, that would be juvenile.

What am I expected to do? change my mind to keep you two happy? Hit ignore guys, if you can't bear to hear my opinion, it certainly ain't changing for you.

I have a wife and two small kids, they are the only thing I agressively defend in this life. Toys.. Pfft.. As for pro Hot Toys? :lol
You two haven't obviously read too many of my posts. I was accused of being Bill from Enterbay a couple of years ago (seriously).

:lol

For the record, in case you were in any doubt, these last few releases from Sideshow have been horrendously poor IMO, R2 looked good but very poorly made, Hoth Solo and Luke are abysmal for the price they are charging. That's based on 1:having these figures in hand (do you?) and 2: years of collecting 1/6 figures. One mans piece of crap is another mans diamond, love them? Then enjoy them? But stop bitching at me, it's pointless, there is far more pro spamming than negative spamming in the SW threads.

Last edited:
Got both my R2s in. I have a door on one that does not want to stay closed. You barely touch him and it flies open.
Any suggestions on a fix short of completely gluing it closed? Also the other ones light up holoprojector will not move at all.
Any ideas on loosening it? Thanks in advance for any help.

For the loose doors, if you put a tiny amount of crazy/super glue onto the hinge with a toothpick, while continuously opening/moving it (don't let it set) it will stiffen up the joint. As for the periscope, most of the bits coming out of my dome don't work properly either. :lol

Exactly, I don't get why they give a damn that I don't like the figures?
I seem to get singled out again and again. People seem to get particularly ******** if I say my piece and it goes against their opinion. Tough. Hit ignore.

I don't agree with either of you (Lou & Marker) to be honest I think you are incredibly undiscerning if I'm being straight up and blinkered depending on what you have ordered. Most of the time I completely disagree with your opinion, do I attack you for that, absolutely not, that would be juvenile.

What am I expected to do? change my mind to keep you two happy? Hit ignore guys, if you can't bear to hear my opinion, it certainly ain't changing for you.

I have a wife and two small kids, they are the only thing I agressively defend in this life. Toys.. Pfft.. As for pro Hot Toys? :lol
You two haven't obviously read too many of my posts. I was accused of being Bill from Enterbay a couple of years ago (seriously).

For the record, in case you were in any doubt, these last few releases from Sideshow have been horrendously poor IMO, R2 looked good but very poorly made, Hoth Solo and Luke are abysmal for the price they are charging. That's based on 1:having these figures in hand (do you?) and 2: years of collecting 1/6 figures. One mans piece of crap is another mans diamond, love them? Then enjoy them? But stop bitching at me, it's pointless, there is far more pro spamming than negative spamming in the SW threads.

It's actually not about figures that I find your posts so negative. They are just negative in general, as your response post illustrates. Both marker and I extended the peace branch to you and you just pooped all over it. It's like you're always angry and it just takes the slightest thing to set you off. I don't think you were always this way.

But you know what? That's fine. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place. I'm not gonna hit "ignore". I still like to read all points of view here on the board. I just hoped it would be a more civil and less antagonistic atmosphere.

And that... Is shocking. Would love to see an R2 comparison. :lol

I literally had to take a sledgehammer to that thing to do enough damage to convince Sideshow I'd destroyed it - a sledge hammer :lol

R2 would take something a little less extreme I think:

thor-hammer-usb.jpg

I literally had to take a sledgehammer to that thing to do enough damage to convince Sideshow I'd destroyed it - a sledge hammer :lol

R2 would take something a little less extreme I think:

thor-hammer-usb.jpg

And I didn't realise it was you breaking 3PO, that makes it even funnier!

For the loose doors, if you put a tiny amount of crazy/super glue onto the hinge with a toothpick, while continuously opening/moving it (don't let it set) it will stiffen up the joint. As for the periscope, most of the bits coming out of my dome don't work properly either. :lol

Thanks Rorywan! I will give that a try on the door.

Back