Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely Done! You're probably good for at least a few days. :lol

PS Charged already, Item shipping soon. Boy, SSC doesn't waste any time hitting the card. It isn't even posted in my account yet, but the funds are gone. :monkey3

lol at least I'm thinking! I've been slowly creeping stuff in there over the years, it's a little game for me hahah. Sometimes I'll find what I've snuck in there sitting on my desk in my office the next day "I guess that one was a no" lol

Don't feel bad, I'm paying $12.86 to ship 15 miles.

SSC's shipping costs are definitely strange. SoCal to SoCal is $12.86. SoCal to NorCal is $13.14. SoCal to Florida is $14.63

I understand that UPS just increased their shipping costs, but that's still outta whack. It feels like they're averaging the costs out for everyone. I'm paying more, so the guys on the East Coast pay less. I feel like the money I spend on CA sales tax should be balanced out by lower shipping charges by living relatively close to Sideshow, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can ship R2 back to them via USPS for $7.05. With UPS charging by dimensional weight now, it seems like it makes more sense to switch to USPS. Especially on something like R2, that weighs very little for something that looks to be in a rather large box.

With so many other e-commerce stores offering Free Shipping over a certain dollar amount, usually around $50, I've become accustomed to not directly paying for shipping. It sucks to pay $150 for something and pay shipping on top of that.

I'm paying $174 after tax and shipping, and they won't let me use my Reward Points, because I was on the Wait List (which doesn't let you apply Points during checkout). You know that they can manually apply the points if they want to, they just choose not to. I haven't ordered direct from Sideshow in years, and now that I have, I remember why I don't. Those extra arms better be worth it.

Harumph.

CA sales tax should be balanced out by lower shipping charges by living relatively close to Sideshow

I wish...

I'm spending over $20 for ship+tax, so that $20 coupon is helpful but a wash on the figure cost.

I do wish they'd offer USPS as a choice or even Local Pick-Up (although I understand why not on this).

I do wish they'd offer USPS as a choice or even Local Pick-Up (although I understand why not on this).
It'd be pretty sweet if they had one small retail space like Secret Base, though I don't know if that's an actual shop or just for doing promotional events.

lol at least I'm thinking! I've been slowly creeping stuff in there over the years, it's a little game for me hahah. Sometimes I'll find what I've snuck in there sitting on my desk in my office the next day "I guess that one was a no" lol

She's gonna see it for sure. :lol

Just keep your fingers crossed she leaves it there for you. I mean, c'mom, it's the little guy -- who doesn't love R2? :monkey3:r2d2line

Back