Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little late to the DELAY NEWS of him being pushed back to january called sideshow to confirm and rep said if says updated to January then yes will be January. Oh well still be here soon enough.

You should have said "it used to say December, but it clearly isn't going to be, is it?" ;)

Well, that's a bit of a drag....seems like everything that was due to ship this quarter is moving to next year now.
Wonder what happened there? Thought we were almost there with that sneak peek of R2 in the package tray and then the ”Secret Base " video... Damn...was hoping to have the little droid here for the holidays..... ah well.

I thought the secret base video was the clue that said it would be in December also... They even had the box on display

I should 've said thats one present under my kids charlie brown tree and he will be heartbroken :tap:tap GUILT , GUILT Stink eye :violin ha ha OK we will keep your scheduled date sir. The Force is strong on the weak minded and a promise is a promise LT . DAN and R2 will be a home in time to be my shrimp boat captain.:lol HA HA No see u in January R2....:r2d2line oh well.:impatient:

I thought i'd use this month coupon on this but not taking any chance as the ex is waitlisted. By the way, are waitlisted items eligible for those monthly coupons?

I thought i'd use this month coupon on this but not taking any chance as the ex is waitlisted. By the way, are waitlisted items eligible for those monthly coupons?

Can't use a coupon on waitlisted items. I think Sideshow is waitlisting items earlier for that reason.
You already have the exclusive on PO? I'm in the same boat. Have the exclusive R2 on PO but without a coupon and could only cancel and get the regular version. Think I'll just keep the exclusive at full price. Han Hoth still has the exclusive available, but exclusive Hoth Luke is waitlisted too.

I can't say I've cared that much about a figure release date change. This one, however...

2v12ftk.png

CHRISTMAS WISHES DASHED

I think the angle of the lighting in that video is really hiding all the detail and weathering for many of you. The R2 on the left is basically backlit and you'll never see details in something that's backlit.

Sucks about the delay though. Oh well.

I'm not that worried about the R2, I think it will be a great piece.

Just hope it's seamless but I don't see why not; no visible seams on the probe droid.

I think the angle of the lighting in that video is really hiding all the detail and weathering for many of you. The R2 on the left is basically backlit and you'll never see details in something that's backlit.

There's nothing wrong with the lighting in the video, the compartments are definitely (unequivocally) not painted like they are in the proto photos. The blue flaps are also very clearly not painted blue on the inside.

Can't use a coupon on waitlisted items. I think Sideshow is waitlisting items earlier for that reason.
You already have the exclusive on PO? I'm in the same boat. Have the exclusive R2 on PO but without a coupon and could only cancel and get the regular version. Think I'll just keep the exclusive at full price. Han Hoth still has the exclusive available, but exclusive Hoth Luke is waitlisted too.

That's what i thought. I used last month coupon on Ex Han but i believe i won't be able to use any other on my current ex PO (R2, Hoth Luke, Jango, Scout). I also suspect Sideshow is intentionally waitlisting items early to avoid cancel/reorder moves as recent releases have been successively waitlisted, sold out and in stock again. Wll keep at least R2's and Hoth Luke's PO at full price but may end up cancelling Jango if ex HS hasn't improved on production when revealed.

I'm talking about the overall paint job, not just the inside of the compartments.

True.

Sorry, I thought you were following up to someone else who had said they believed the inside of the panels at Secret Base were the same as the proto/press images at Sideshow and it was the lighting making them look different.

I'm seriously entertaining the notion of cancelling this now and waiting to see what Hot Toys reveals.

Back