Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have accepted the fact he is just a placeholder until a Hot Toys version. It probably won't stop me from buying other r2/r5 units since R5 came out so well though.

I have accepted the fact he is just a placeholder until a Hot Toys version. It probably won't stop me from buying other r2/r5 units since R5 came out so well though.

I'm expecting SSC to do a "clean" version that will be much better and folks can always add weathering if they want.

Some folks were asking about this in the past. I finally got around to it as I've had most of the parts in my workshop for the better part of a year.

That sounds great Piper. I'm guessing the R2 is unmodded and the sound is from the black box? It's about the right size for a Pi, small speaker and batteries.

R2 is just there for scale and so there's some context for the demo sounds. :) Sounds from the black box - next step is some custom board design work to better integrate all the parts I'm using and reduce the overall size to about 1/4 of what it is now.

I like the SS Artoo a lot...looks great with the Threepio they did and not too bad with this little guy either...

R2-D2_BB-8_01.jpg

R2 is just there for scale and so there's some context for the demo sounds. :) Sounds from the black box - next step is some custom board design work to better integrate all the parts I'm using and reduce the overall size to about 1/4 of what it is now.

Eggsalent!!!:clap

My SS R2 on a Cocoboloboy stand....and my little one put his on the smaller Cocoboloboy sand and also the black stand. Thanks again for doing these Coco!

I just ordered this figure. I saw him in a comic book store this weekend and I thought he looked awesome. I didn't get a chance to handle the figure but I don't see what all the fuss is about when it comes to the the overall look. We'll see though, I guess. Maybe mine will arrive and be all messed up.

I just ordered this figure. I saw him in a comic book store this weekend and I thought he looked awesome. I didn't get a chance to handle the figure but I don't see what all the fuss is about when it comes to the the overall look. We'll see though, I guess. Maybe mine will arrive and be all messed up.

The seam on the dome was a let-down, and the (easily fixed) paint app not great, but there hasn't been a fuss about the overall look. Most of the griping has been about its flimsy build and it being slightly undersized.

Couldn't find a separate thread if there is one but I see Sideshow put up the unpainted prototype of R2 yesterday. In some ways it looks kinda cool but not sure it's really worth the $120 plus shipping. Oh and of course they have to get that $5 NRD right away. :lol. They've really gotten ridiculous with that policy in my opinion. Essentially all of their figures have it now and most Hot Toys.

Couldn't find a separate thread if there is one but I see Sideshow put up the unpainted prototype of R2 yesterday. In some ways it looks kinda cool but not sure it's really worth the $120 plus shipping. Oh and of course they have to get that $5 NRD right away. :lol. They've really gotten ridiculous with that policy in my opinion. Essentially all of their figures have it now and most Hot Toys.

They've learned it's free money!!!.. They must get an awful lot of cancellations to due this on almost everything now. Nothing like money for doing nothing. :)

Is R2 also gettinga rerelease? A local shop just put him up for P.O again after having sold out, expected to arrive in November.

He never totally sold out... Sideshow has consistently either had him as pre-order or buy now. He's never moved to wait list or sold out. He's still available direct through SS.

Back