Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice mod. When working under the dome, it's helpful if you pull the projector LED out from its socket so you don't risk breaking the wire connections.

The mod I did to the dome is much simpler, I just glued the panels shut. :)

11999630_10153357188289145_6252407836768618656_o.jpg

The original batteries are still going in my R2, switch in the head has been left on since day one. Turn them on only once every few weeks for a a minute or two.

When the die they'll get chucked and I'll probably never replace them, like the rest of my stuff with the lights gimmick.

Hmmm my lights are now acting funny. I can turn it on with one touch, but then the second touch only works every so often. Seems like when they are rested. Most of the time it's one touch and the first stage comes on and then I can't get to the second or third stage of the cycle. They just stay on until I open it up and manually flip the switch to off.

Pixel, I'm looking your way. Could it just be the batteries not having enough juice to complete the task?

The whole thing runs on a single micro-controller so it could potentially get a little wacky if it doesn't have enough juice. The touch sensor itself may also not respond properly on low battery. Give new batteries a shot.

Nice pic.

My batteries for R2 are already dead... and I haven't touched him in months. They're really large batteries too. Mine may have a leak somewhere.

Here we go again. Hopefully not more leaky batteries like the Probe Droid. :slap

The whole thing runs on a single micro-controller so it could potentially get a little wacky if it doesn't have enough juice. The touch sensor itself may also not respond properly on low battery. Give new batteries a shot.

Thanks for the info. Will give them a shot. I think this should solve the problem as it all started when I left R2 on for too long a couple days ago and it seemed to drain the batteries a bit.

Got mine from Sideshow today. Had a $50 off voucher but I still think I paid too much.

One of the top panels has already fallen off even though I handled it like an adult, looks like it's held on with a tiny dab of glue and it sits on almost a pin head of plastic. The panel that has the silver antenna thing inside it.

I need to read the thread to figure out how the lights work. I needed an R2 for my Tamashii Threepio, not overly impressed with it. Too many extra pieces I'll never use in the box also.

Thanks buddy.

:duff

Workin? Lights definitely help with this figure. Also not sure if you customize at all but if you go some way back to when people were first getting these there's some great results people got by removing some of the weathering on the dome with isopropyl alcohol. Makes it shine a but more and makes the weathering look nice and grimy rather than flat even weathering. I'll try to dig up a photo or two.

Just searched "alcohol" and found this fantastic one from Kamandi. Love how this looks.

I had a place where the weathering was a bit smudged on my dome, but after hitting it with a sponge and 91% alcohol it's not a problem. I took a fair amount of grime off the dome and IMHO it's a bit more screen accurate now.
4HxpItLh.jpg

Back