Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, found something else I need to fix. They completely forgot to paint the little black strips inside the vents on mine. Thought he was looking way too silver there.

r2.JPG

Sorry if this was mentioned or asked. But is it normal for the hinges to open easily, example if you just tilt r2 a bit the door panels just open?

Decided to fix my R2 as Sideshow haven't got back to me yet, figured if I could fix it then I can display it..., bloody thing then decided to roll off of my shelf. :thud:

Thankfully I grabbed it BUT even then the dome fell off so I had 2 heart attack moments in mere seconds, had a check though & no additional damage occurred..., what a relief. :) Not even the damaged parts have fallen off, good glue I guess. lol ;)

Now I've put the middle leg down it's not wanting to roll off the shelf currently, I've put it kind of back further too now..., so the side feet touch the edge of 2 statue bases & hopefully keep R2 from trying to escape again. :D

Review = excellent!!! Love it, he looks very impressive..., can't stop looking at it but then it's my biggest R2 to date so it's far superior to the other 6 in my collection. :)

image.jpg

Bit of a naff picture I know, it's dark here though now & had to use the flash to get it even half decently seen. :(

Anyone in the uk got the fedex charge yet? My was £37 so seems bloody high for R2

Still waiting for mine, what are FedEX charging as a handing fee now? Been a while since I got something from Sideshow & worked out it should be about £32.00 including FedEX's fee of £10.50 (if it's still the same).

If I had to pay those type of shipping fees I'd hang it up and quit collecting, that's insane :eek

If I had to pay those type of shipping fees I'd hang it up and quit collecting, that's insane :eek

Yeah, it sucks big time, I only buy the odd thing direct now & that tends to be if an exclusive is good enough..., in my R2's case I used reward points so the exclusive was worthy of getting. :)

Still waiting for mine, what are FedEX charging as a handing fee now? Been a while since I got something from Sideshow & worked out it should be about £32.00 including FedEX's fee of £10.50 (if it's still the same).

£12 it went up last month

Sign up on the Fedex website, add your card details and they just automatically charge you instead of sending a bill.
I was only charged £25 for Artoo

Sign up on the Fedex website, add your card details and they just automatically charge you instead of sending a bill.
I was only charged £25 for Artoo

I've opened an account, do I put the shipping info somewhere to bring up my bill or will it only work on future deliveries?

I've opened an account, do I put the shipping info somewhere to bring up my bill or will it only work on future deliveries?

I think it will only work on future deliveries. They will email you to let you know payment has been taken and then you'll be able to view it in your account

I think it will only work on future deliveries. They will email you to let you know payment has been taken and then you'll be able to view it in your account

So do I have to let Sideshow know my account number or will FedEX know to bill my account from my address?

So do I have to let Sideshow know my account number or will FedEX know to bill my account from my address?

They must know from your address, I never gave either company any details of the other. Id wondered the same thing until I got my email from them on Wednesday

They must know from your address, I never gave either company any details of the other. Id wondered the same thing until I got my email from them on Wednesday

Thanks, hopefully I'll not have to pay the £12.00 on Hot Rod or Sergeant Sinker when they get sent out to me then, that'll be nice. :)

Back