Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally took my Jawas out of the box. Initially I was very disappointed in the figures. I experienced several of the problems like many of you in the forums. After reading a lot of the comments I decided to spend some time addressing the issues.
I tightened the joints with super glue as mespendez suggested. And it works! The joints on my Jawas are now nice and tight, They do not fall over with the slightest bump or movement anymore. I gave the robes the water treatment as many of you suggested, and this too makes the robes and hoods look so much more natural. I also used cocoboloboy's idea of using a wire twist tie to prop the hoods up.
I wasn't a fan of the detached hood from the robe and the flaps down the backside of the Jawas, but after wetting the hoods I was able to wrap them around the back.
I used crotch grabber stands under the robes because I didn't care for the ones that came with the figures.
After making these improvements I am really liking these figures. They look great in my opinion. My only complaint now is the location of the switch to turn on the eyes. It's not assessable without removing the hoods and I don't want to have to fix the hood every time I choose to turn the eyes on and off. But since I rarely use the light up feature in my figures, it's not a deal-breaker.
All I need now is a Tusken Raider!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 230
  • fullsizeoutput_21dd.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_21dd.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 234
  • fullsizeoutput_21df.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_21df.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 235
Nice job Echo. I actually returned mine because of all the issues you have addressed.

But that is a nice effort and gives me some renewed interest.

To be honest when I saw them run out I was of the opinion HT will eventually do some. But with this second run (which happens oh so rarely) I think it's going to be a long long time until HT come close here. A Tusken Raider from HT which I am also hoping for may tip the scales though.

Where did you get the stands ? eBay ?

Yeah the Jawa's are a really nice set. Mine, while not as tight as HT figures, have been perfectly fine holding my preferred poses. Sometimes I consider even getting a second set but there are so many other figures I need that cash for.

Going to have to wait for some feedback from people who bought from this second run to see if the bodies still have the problem. Does this mean the Tusken may have a re run too?

Going to have to wait for some feedback from people who bought from this second run to see if the bodies still have the problem. Does this mean the Tusken may have a re run too?

Yes, I'd also be keen to hear of anyone who bought recently (within the last month or so) from the re-run.

I'd also definitely be up for another Tusken run !!

@Rook, are you reading this ??

Nice job Echo. I actually returned mine because of all the issues you have addressed. Plus I found it hard to justify the price for what you get.

But that is a nice effort and gives me some renewed interest.

To be honest when I saw them run out I was of the opinion HT will eventually do some. But with this second run (which happens oh so rarely) I think it's going to be a long long time until HT come close here. A Tusken Raider from HT which I am also hoping for may tip the scales though.

Where did you get the stands ? eBay ?

Thanks Hoody
The stands are black metal Kaiser #2175 Doll Stands. These stands come with a waist holder, but I use the crotch grabber that comes with the figures instead of the waist holder. The newer Sideshow Figures come with a shorter crotch grabber so they work just fine with the Jawas. I use these stands with all of my figures. I like them because they are flat to the shelf or display area, allowing you to display your figures in poses with wider stances, not having to worry about being limited by a stand that is raised. Plus they don't take up too much room, so you can display figures close together without having to worry about the bases running into one another. You can purchase them off eBay, but I've also purchased them from here
https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Doll-Stands-by-Kaiser/

I'd also like to see an HT Tusken Raider as well. I'm debating on whether I should purchase the Sideshow one, as I'm not sure if HT is going to eventually make Alien SW figures.

Maybe we should petition Sideshow to do a re run of Tusken Raiders!
And Greedo too!

I want these, but feel they should be $150 at the most.

Oh, and I'd be in for a Tuskin Raider rerelease.

Jawas are $220 now. I assume they come with less.
Pretty sure that was the cost initially. It looks to be the same release as before. I actually wouldn't mind a couple more but don't want to shell out another $220 when that can go to a different figure.

I bought them once but sent them back due to the floppy joints and average material used. If they keep them the same floppy bodies and all I will be very disappointed. Price as always from SS is already disappointing.

Back