Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got these two hairy armed guys on the way and an order placed for Cocoboloboy's stand. Looking forward to getting them but it appears that I now need a certain droid with a bad motivator as well...:gah:

I've got these two hairy armed guys on the way and an order placed for Cocoboloboy's stand. Looking forward to getting them but it appears that I now need a certain droid with a bad motivator as well...:gah:

You don't have R5 yet? Shame on you.

By the way, I made a base similar to what the Lars' homestead landscape looked like. I don't think I ever mentioned that when you placed your order.

IMG_9118.jpg
IMG_9120.jpg

I've been tempted on the R5 with the coupon but he just looks slightly undersized. Due to the taller head, it's not as obvious as the R2 and his derivatives, but still noticeable to me.:(

I really like the SSC R2 and never had any of the weight/hatches problems with it other people did, but the slight undersize size thing bugs me almost constantly when I have him posed next to 3PO.

If SSC hadn't done the undersize thing, I would have likely bought every R2 reuse SSC produced.

Love those Coco stands though.:clap Once I get my display cabinet situation together, I need to take a look at what I need of those.

Just pulled the trigger using the $30 NewYear code.....still think they are overpriced so I hope they are worth it. I need Jawas to go with my newly acquired Han in Carbonite environment.

I've got a discount code floating around in my SS wallet and I'm really tempted in taking the plunge on these. I really want a pair of Jawas in the collection and I don't see Hot Toys ever making them.

Even if Hot Toys is making them later, it don't automatically be more superior to this Sideshow ones. I think you have gotten an excellent pair and it will be good enough.

I know I'm late to the Jawa party but patience is a virtue as well as a money saving plan... :wink1:

I used one of Sideshow's discount codes to cut down on the price of the two disgusting creatures, even though the high shipping cost cut into the discount...

First of all, I know that they need some drastic water treatment and futzing to get them to look good. I plan on working on them over the weekend.

Second of all, the bodies used are pathetic garbage. They are a pair of brown Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I couldn't get them to stand up straight in my hands. They would just flop down from their waists and knees, depending where they were being held. Ironically, the ankles are rather stiff and stayed in position. The flat figure peg bases included are a joke and are staying in the packaging.

Thankfully, I had also ordered Cocoboloboy's Jawa stand at the same time as the figures and it arrived today. It honestly saved me from returning the figures to SS. I have thousands of dollars in Sideshow products and have never contemplated returning anything until today. But Coco's base changed my mind, as it not only keeps the figures from falling on your shelf but actually elevates them on display. Truly a classy looking base and a must-have if you've got the Jawas.

Coco Jawa Base.jpg

I also picked up the Droid base and it makes R2 & 3PO look like miniature Premium Format figures. It is that nice.

Coco Droid Base.jpg

Even if Hot Toys is making them later, it don't automatically be more superior to this Sideshow ones. I think you have gotten an excellent pair and it will be good enough.

After my experience with these figures, I will be first in line to pre-order the Hot Toys Jawas, if they are ever made.

I'll admit that the belts/webbing, pouches and weapons are well done, though. But the bodies are so bad that they have soured my appreciation of everything else.

I felt like FandF as well, with futzing I ultimately thought they looked nice--but never great. I would be very happy to see an effort by Hot Toys. Only provides more options for parts if anything else. Everything on the SS Jawas outside the bodies is nice, though I'm not 100% sold on the robes, still think there's some room for improvement there. Holsters, bandoliers are excellent.

I know I'm late to the Jawa party but patience is a virtue as well as a money saving plan... :wink1:

I used one of Sideshow's discount codes to cut down on the price of the two disgusting creatures, even though the high shipping cost cut into the discount...

First of all, I know that they need some drastic water treatment and futzing to get them to look good. I plan on working on them over the weekend.

Second of all, the bodies used are pathetic garbage. They are a pair of brown Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. I couldn't get them to stand up straight in my hands. They would just flop down from their waists and knees, depending where they were being held. Ironically, the ankles are rather stiff and stayed in position. The flat figure peg bases included are a joke and are staying in the packaging.

Thankfully, I had also ordered Cocoboloboy's Jawa stand at the same time as the figures and it arrived today. It honestly saved me from returning the figures to SS. I have thousands of dollars in Sideshow products and have never contemplated returning anything until today. But Coco's base changed my mind, as it not only keeps the figures from falling on your shelf but actually elevates them on display. Truly a classy looking base and a must-have if you've got the Jawas.

View attachment 316051

I also picked up the Droid base and it makes R2 & 3PO look like miniature Premium Format figures. It is that nice.

View attachment 316052

Excellent pics and write up, Dubble F. :duff I hate that about the Jawas. I hope you can grow to dig them even though the bodies are horrible. Maybe after futzing with them and getting them settled on the stand you won't be quite so disappointed. For me they're an eye catching set in my SW collection but I've always loved Jawas so I'm probably biased.

By the way, looks like one of the little guys decided to shed some fur right there on the stand. :D

View attachment 316051

I've never like the look of these Jawas. I really want a pair in my collection but to me these things are way off the mark in terms of quality and look. I'll save my pennies for some HT versions hopefully down the line. Nice base though!

Excellent pics and write up, Dubble F. :duff I hate that about the Jawas. I hope you can grow to dig them even though the bodies are horrible. Maybe after futzing with them and getting them settled on the stand you won't be quite so disappointed. For me they're an eye catching set in my SW collection but I've always loved Jawas so I'm probably biased.

By the way, looks like one of the little guys decided to shed some fur right there on the stand. :D

Yes! That tuft of hair came off of the arm of the Jawa on the left, as soon as he was released from the box. It just plopped down on the desk. That just added insult to injury... :gah:

I too love Jawas and was really looking forward to these. I know I can get them looking good, once they've been "futzed" and your base already bumps them up, as far as presentation goes. I would have loved if they had been just a bit shorter or better yet, if SS had included a shorter third Jawa to the set. Would have helped justify the price and would have provided more display options.

I'd love to have some Jawa's eventually. I figure I'll wait till HT finally makes theirs, then I'll jump on these for cheap as everyone begins to undoubtedly dump em on ebay. They do photograph nice at least, and for me they would just stand there in some dumb boring museum pose anyway. I don't think I'd need a $300 set from Hot Toys although they'd probably be amazing.

Chances of HT Jawas, unless they're prominently shown in any of the Disney movies are... zero. HT are done with ANH you'd think.

Bell we can't get them to preorder stormtrooper Han! I'd put my money on no HT Jawas. Too deep a cut for them, even if the cut is Jawa sized shallow.

Yes, unless you wanna wait years and years you might as well get these. I can't imagine HT doing them that much better anyways. Yes the bodies should have been better, but they hold the pose.

Chances of HT Jawas, unless they're prominently shown in any of the Disney movies are... zero. HT are done with ANH you'd think.

They've previewed two GONK droids, so not sure they're totally done yet. But I'd think Jawa wouldn't be for a few years if they ever did them.

The OT figures I'm sure are their SW cash cow. I can't see them being done with ANH just yet. Like said above with the GONK droids, still waiting on their release of Stormtrooper Han, and how could they pass up making Tusken Raiders?? And remember Jawa's are seen in ROTJ in Jabbas Palace too, so they don't have to necessarily be from ANH. I have patience aplenty. I've waited years to pick stuff up to add to my collection. Most stuff I buy stays boxed up anyway for lack of display space... I've still never opened or displayed my Sideshow Jabba set up that I bought when released (Jabba, his thrown, Salacious, Bubo, Gammorean Guard, never got Bib Fortuna though) and that's what I'd display my Jawa's with anyway. one day..... :(

With all of the reveals at SDCC last year of stuff that crossed over between ANH and Rogue One like the Death Star crews, Gonks, etc. plus their Snow Troopers and the long standing rumors from Jack Bauer, etc. I think there is plenty more to come but at regulated release levels with the latest and greatest films. Disney and HT are in deep together at this point (especially when you consider the Marvel aspect as well) so I think that HT will continue to beef up production and output and become the super expensive Kenner/Hasbro given enough time. Once Ep. IX is out they will go back and fill even more holes.

ESB and ROTJ will see releases as well beyond what has been seen so far.

I still am completely baffled by SSC's plan on any of this. They are missing huge opportunities and seem to have learned nothing about production or turn around despite years and years of experience. That of course is saying nothing about their pricing dynamic or QC but if they were to consistently offer products on the level of the new Maul but with value in terms of overall price, accessory load out, and shipping, then no one would be saying "wait for HT" but they sowed their own state of affairs time and again.

Back