Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chest armor was misaligned, so I removed the clear backing and re-positioned the armor. Increased the neck peg, dyed the suit and glued the shin guards. Two of my hoses broke had to fix them and both knee guards also broke contacted SS and got new ones.

View attachment 215177
View attachment 215178

Very nice I'll trade you figures lol so did you leave the original body?

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I've had no issues with my Jango. Nothing has fallen off, chest plate is aligned, I posed him in a flying stance, flames stayed in the jetpack. :dunno I popped the helmet off and put on the head sculpt and vice versa. No problem.

Okay so I'm usually not overdramatic but this has to be one of the most stupidest thought out figures and frustrating figures ever. At one point I almost threw the b****** at the wall I was getting that annoyed placing one bit of leg armour only for the other to fall off.

Wow. I bought a SSC Speederbike off ebay a month ago and have yet to open it. I'm moving out of state next week and didn't want to take it out and assemble it only to pack it all up again. I feel like I made an extremely wise purchasing decision. :pow

I've experienced all the issues reported here plus a few more aggravating things.

Im honestly to the point where i am never going to buy a 1/6 SS anything until they prove something. this is just stupid that they think they can compete with HT. HT aint perfect, but they are damn sure a country mile ahead of this stuff.

and btw, if this figure was $125, i wouldn't say a peep. id be happy.

but as soon as you charge prices that your far superior competition are charging, then it time to deliver. and SS aint, 75% of the time. I'm tired of getting suckered.

I've experienced all the issues reported here plus a few more aggravating things.

Im honestly to the point where i am never going to buy a 1/6 SS anything until they prove something. this is just stupid that they think they can compete with HT. HT aint perfect, but they are damn sure a country mile ahead of this stuff.

and btw, if this figure was $125, i wouldn't say a peep. id be happy.

but as soon as you charge prices that your far superior competition are charging, then it time to deliver. and SS aint, 75% of the time. I'm tired of getting suckered.

Yup it's time to vote with your wallet. I cancelled all of my Sideshow orders after Luke and Han and haven't regretted it.

YE6yi6f.jpg

What's the stuff on the 'cheeks'? Just weird weathering?

Great sculpt. Pretty stupid it was only an exclusive and not part of that $240 package. Exclusive should have been the poncho or something.

Just got my Jango today and I did have my share of frustration out of the box. His right foot wasn't attached, no biggie it popped back on, but that had caused the little sock thing and ring that the shin armor plugs into to slip off as soon as I took him out of the box. It took me a little while to figure out how that is supposed to work and agree that it is a very odd design but once I got it sorted out the shin armor hasn't popped off, it actually seems quite secure. The really frustrating part was that while I was working on the shin armor his knee pad broke! It was simple enough to glue back together and, after looking at the left one closely, it appears to actually be two separate pieces glued together instead of one solid piece. But we really shouldn't have to fix our figures straight out of the package. Also, his range finder was slightly warped. Not terribly (my wife said she couldn't tell), but enough to bother me. Nothing the old boiling water trick couldn't fix in a few minutes but still...

Anyway, I know it sounds like I am disappointed but, now that I have him all sorted out, I must say I really like him. It's been said already, but the jumpsuit is not quite as purple as it appears in photos. Also, some mention has been made about the helmet and hands being too big, but I honestly think they are fine. I didn't have any problems with the "effects" fitting. I can't say I am a fan of the blaster effects, but the jet pack ones are pretty cool looking. Haven't had much of a chance to play around with poses or anything yet, but here's a quick shot of mine:

Looks great, Billy Ray! Yeah, I had one of the knee pads break on mine . This figure does put the "f" in fragile, that's for sure...

Despite the issues, I do like the look of the figure when it's fuzzed up and posed. The detailing is really good.

Back