Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The left breast plate is totally misaligned and same with that little center piece. Yea with the price I paid I shouldn't have to fix this myself...just annoying and disappointed by sideshow and the lack of qc
Didn't notice the left piece as I expect some movement with it being seperate pieces......but you are right

I can't believe how problematic this figure is.

I thought the armor falling off so easily was the deal breaker.

Then you go and show me the blaster discrepancies!

Nearly two years. Plus an available relationship with HT for help.

Sure looks like HT got the memo on improvement with their ROTJ Fett.

Hate to beat a dead horse but I am soooooooooooooooo glad I cancelled this.

If the new body turns out poorly SS should take their business relationship with HT to the next level and start using their bodies.

They should have been doing that already.
This. It seems like the bodies are one of the biggest complaints people have with Sideshow figures so I don't understand why they don't just use their relationship with Hot Toys to have access to a better one. It's pretty sad when you can buy even knock off True Type bodies that are better than the ones Sideshow uses.

This. It seems like the bodies are one of the biggest complaints people have with Sideshow figures so I don't understand why they don't just use their relationship with Hot Toys to have access to a better one. It's pretty sad when you can buy even knock off True Type bodies that are better than the ones Sideshow uses.

Always the beat of the same drum with Sideshow. They always half-ass it and cut corners everywhere they can to save on costs and increase their profits with their ridiculous markup. Did anyone really think they could even really come close to Hot Toys quality at these prices? Their bodies are pure junk. I've had to do body swaps on EVERY single figure I've ever bought from them. Paint innacurracies like on Boba Fett were just inexcusable and the wrong color jumpsuit on Jango is comical. Even with Hot Toys giving them a helping hand, it's clear that Hot Toys Stormies were far and away superior to their small cod pieced, matte white, floppy-body troopers they gave us. I really wish Sideshow would just let the pros make the 1:6 figures from here on out and just become a "distributor" while they concentrate on their sculptures and PF's. They've had well over 10 years now to get their act together and it's still the same kinds of issues with their stuff. One thing is for sure though, they've managed to price a lot of collectors out of this hobby and with all of their issues they have done them a favor.

I think the biggest thing now is that they charge Hot Toys prices when their quality isn't up to that standard. I like Sideshow for giving us obscure characters like the Jawas and R5-D4 but they do seem like they'd be better suited with just distributing or at least if they want to continue in the 1/6th market collaborating more with Hot Toys on their figures because they lag behind in a lot of areas (bodies, paint jobs on their sculpts, and overall build quality). A lot of stuff they do now doesn't seem like it's better than older figures they did. I agree that they excel more at doing things like Premium Formats and busts.

Nearly two years. Plus an available relationship with HT for help.

Sure looks like HT got the memo on improvement with their ROTJ Fett.

Hate to beat a dead horse but I am soooooooooooooooo glad I cancelled this.

I was really hoping to like this figure, but with all of the issues people are talking about and the huge price I'm with you on this. I have become so scared to pre order anything from SS these days. Especially with their NRD, so even if they deliver a product like this I am still not able to get all my money back. After the speeder bike QC problems, now this I'm just going to wait until Hot Toys gets around to Jango. I hope the Tie Pilot and AT-AT driver aren't as bad. If we as collectors stop buying these figures perhaps SS might start caring again. They will get the picture if they stop making money with these poor figures at premium prices.

Just cancelled my Ex so someone might get a wait list conversion.

With the crappy Aussie dollar I need to be pickier than I usually am so this one gets cancelled.

With the prices of these figures it is time to stop buying sub par figures. That is the only way we will send a message to SSC and HT's. It is not ok to release something like this and expect these prices. It goes for all companies. I cancelled this and Star Ace's Mad Eye. It was sub par too. Not a $200 figure. I know that we want these figures, but we have to stop buying them if they are not as advertised.

Okay so I'm usually not overdramatic but this has to be one of the most stupidest thought out figures and frustrating figures ever. At one point I almost threw the b****** at the wall I was getting that annoyed placing one bit of leg armour only for the other to fall off. Also trying to change the head, jesus instructions say pull lightly......had to get players and still had difficulty. Not surprised people are on about sending this back or cancelled

I definitely have had my complaints and vocalized them about this figure. Thing is, I really liked the Biker Scout and have had lots of enjoyment from him. The body isn't perfect but I am ok with it on that figure. Jango has been a lot longer in development and the only reason I went ahead and ordered him was because the Scout came out so well in my opinion. It is night and day how much fun you can have with these figures.

Jedibear and others have taken some great shots and I understand that with a LOT of patience and determination you can get him into cool looking poses and get some great photos. The fact remains that this is not a figure that you can casually pick up and put into a new pose on a whim like you can with the Biker Scout or HT Storm Troopers.

Boba Fett, for all of his issues is a far superior build than this figure. I pick up Boba Fett quite often and put him into new dynamic poses. His big shortcoming in this area is the damn backpack hooks that come off so easily (and yes, they kept that awesome feature for Jango). I don't understand how you can back-slide that much from Boba to Jango with almost the same build in terms of chest, head, backpack, etc. but they did.

It's as if all of the 1/6th designers are busy on some other project or left the company for this one... its a real head scratcher and makes me sad. I usually support SSC on 1/6th but the last year or maybe even a bit longer has been really disappointing. Everything from Hoth to Plisken now Jango... Biker Scout was good but the rest.. what is going on? I love so many of my SSC figures like Bossk, IG88, Darth Malgus, Greivous is awesome, I like my Boba Fett fine, I like my Deluxe Vader as well. R2 has his issues but he is ok too. I even like my Yoda Master which I was on the fence about at first but has really grown on me. Padawan Kenobi same thing. I paid pretty heft prices for all of these guys but still under $200 for all but Greivous and Vader and all of that was money well spent.

Has HT getting the license taken the wind out of their sales? Don't they care anymore? I cannot pre-order anything from them anymore. I have almost bit the bullet on the Jawas multiple times but now I have to wait and see.

It's concerning having ordered x wing luke, c3po and tie pilot. The last 3 figures not counting jango all came with something wrong (fives missing name on base, scout snapped sniper etc) and this one just tops it with complete lack of quality overall. I like the option of reposting but this is impossible without signifI can't time or patience. Going to leave mine how it's set up now.

I feel I'm being bottlenecked by the lack of quality sideshow is putting out and probably just go for hot toys stuff from now on. I'll wait and see what the next figures are like but if there is not a sharp increase in quality, I'll be binning off any future orders as it's expensive plus vat for every order.

The leg armour falling off so easy is ridiculous, and the 2 left feet is inexcusable.
That said, although I'm not getting the figure, and I would prefer the chest armour to be symmetrical, from what I've seen, the armour on the actual suit was not symmetrical.. case in point:
JangoSansHelmet-SWE.jpg

Nail in the coffin will be X-wing Luke.

Sideshow seems to have indicated a step-up in their game by a serious price hike, creating the expectation that it will somehow be at HT level. Plus it is a very simple figure, so a FAIL here would be unforgivable. If they can't get a simple figure like X-wing Luke right even with a $240 price tag, then there's little hope.

But I agree with all, for the price, the SSC figures are simply not up to par. I've been very luck, I guess, as I haven't had any QC with any of my SSC figures (including Vader). But it's really hard to justify the prices of the more recent figures, and like others, have forced me to not buy certain figures due to price/quality.

Nail in the coffin will be X-wing Luke.

Sideshow seems to have indicated a step-up in their game by a serious price hike, creating the expectation that it will somehow be at HT level. Plus it is a very simple figure, so a FAIL here would be unforgivable. If they can't get a simple figure like X-wing Luke right even with a $240 price tag, then there's little hope.

Yeah seeing $350 1/6 scale Iron Man figures shipping out your back door is going to do that to you. :lol

But if that Luke is bad they will be in the hurt locker. Great chance to impress and command the price for a very in demand and loved version of a character.

Thing is the sculpt on jango is pretty good but it seems the focus on one thing and forget the others then the next it's focus on a different thing and mess up the rest - just goes round in a circle. Only thing they seem to get right is the clones but I guess if hot toys did those too they would blow them away. I was always mutually sideshow/ hot toys but now it seems sideshow have stopped really caring and pouring out poor quality figure wise but customer service is still great....good job for all my hot toys orders!

Back