Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys . He can't be that bad . My Star Wars snow trooper was a fantastic figure .

As was mine. I've actually owned every Sideshow SW Trooper, except a few of the colored Phase I officers, and I've always got around the nitpick's people have had on all of them. But, this Jango is just a very "clumsy" figure and all of his pieces are just way too fragile and not secure. Just very horrible all around. Yes, it's the worst Sideshow figure I've ever had.

Have to admit I became more demanding with SSC ever since the arrival of my HT stormies... At similiar price points now...

Simply hard to hide my disappointment with the vast difference in term of quality.

Have to admit I became more demanding with SSC ever since the arrival of my HT stormies... At similiar price points now...

Simply hard to hide my disappointment with the vast difference in term of quality.

Sideshow is nuckin futz to charge the same price as Hot Toys for these. The quality is simply night and day. It's the difference between the major league and the minor.

I regret getting this figure not worth 200$ wish I would have waited for hot toys

I know SS has made some good ones, but IMO Hot Toys do seem to be a notch up on quality over SS... I've sold off all my SS ones and are only collecting the Hot Toys figures... Well except Han/Luke on Hoth, I kept those because I have the Tauntaun... One of my huge pet peeves is paying $200+ for something and then when it comes in it's super fragile... That's the reason I sold my Probe droid, I just don't like extremely fragile pieces, for the money they want for these things I expect high quality. Sometimes SS delivers but it seems most of the time they don't :( At least not for the price point...

I'm very disappointed to hear all these complaints as it does not bode well for the upcoming Luke X-wing Pilot.

So much time, many delays and they still have issues with Jango that harken all the way back to the original Boba complaints. I just don't see Luke Pilot as being Sideshow's "big boy pants" figure.

I'd say these are just 'toys' with big boy prices attached... but apparently you can't even 'play' with this figure without it falling apart.

Clandestine meeting with the Count....

Sweet photo, now I want the Dooku hologram.

Come on guys . He can't be that bad . My Star Wars snow trooper was a fantastic figure .

Just remember, people here like to exaggerate beyond belief because there ******** makes themselves feel better about spending $240 on this guy. It is almost like a coping mechanism.

My figure is fine. Dab of hot glue on armor keeps it in place. I added some black to the bullet and it looks much better. My rocket fire now stays in the jet pack. Easy to pose now as well. Very happy with Jango after I got to mess with him over these last few days.

I'm enjoying the figure as well....and yes, I've got a few "issues" with the one I got too, but nothing that is preventing me from snapping some shots and admiring what is really great about it, like this portrait....

It really is a stunner...

I'm very disappointed to hear all these complaints as it does not bode well for the upcoming Luke X-wing Pilot.

So much time, many delays and they still have issues with Jango that harken all the way back to the original Boba complaints. I just don't see Luke Pilot as being Sideshow's "big boy pants" figure.

I'd say these are just 'toys' with big boy prices attached... but apparently you can't even 'play' with this figure without it falling apart.

Less to go wrong on Luke, but I share your concerns. Unfortunately, I think it's almost a given that he'll need a body swap and we'll see about the portrait. I'm going to buy him, but feel like I may be shelling out for a really expensive pilot's uniform.

I've been collecting star wars figures from sideshow sense they started, I've never really complained. And I'm keeping this figure cause I hate the return process, which I'm sure I couldn't return even if i wanted to. I don't care who buys it and who doesn't, I was just trying to warn anyone who wants to know. My complaint other than his purple jump suit, is that he is short . I will be doing a body swap. which is bull due to paying 200 + dollars.

feel like I may be shelling out for a really expensive pilot's uniform.

My concern as well. I don't think its unreasonable to assume that a year from now HT will reveal its own "Pilot Luke" -- perhaps even with a swappable Hoth version -- so I ask myself if I "need" this one at risk of the likely flaws and issues we all know it will have.

With all the Star Wars goodness coming from HT, I believe I can busy myself until the proper pilot comes along.

...Unfortunately, I think it's almost a given that he'll need a body swap...
Is Pilot Luke the first to be using SSC's "newly developed body"? If so, maybe it's an actual upgrade over the standard Prometheus they use currently, and you won't need a body swap. Of course, if the new body is somehow worse than the current, has less articulation and in general is a huge step backwards for the 1:6th hobby as a whole, that wouldn't surprise me either. :lol

He looks terrific. Only detail that i can't get over is the lack of a plain portrait without headgear.

Picked up a few loose parts from TA to enhance my custom Medi so that's all I need to make a great Jango.

Back