Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here's something else to watch out for. Got mine delivered yesterday. When I opened it to inspect it I noticed the tip of his missile (little black piece) on his left forearm was broken off. It was in the tray but ridiculous to have to glue back a tiny piece on a $220 item. I'll email sideshow with a picture later today. Also I noticed his chest seems to be a little pushed in and more recessed where it curves in than his abdomen piece which protrudes out past the upper 2 pieces on his chest. Anyone else's like this? Is that normal or should they be level and in line? Can't really tell from the photos posted so far.

^^ Love those pics and great display!:clap

Does this figure have the same "boxy chest armor" issue the Boba had?

Very much so. He looks so weird posed from any side angles.

12070991_1633444750277702_1333460617_n.jpg

12070636_396692767188859_1391703290_n.jpg

Thought I would mess around with Jango after work last night. Within seconds of trying to get some cool poses all the hoses on his arms popped out, the shin armor fell off and the knee pieces went sailing. One of the feet popped off and then the rubber sleeve thing on his calf slid off as did this weird hard plastic band that sits above the rubber thing. As I was struggling to get the rubber thing back on and lined up with the slits in the jump suit I accidentally undid the belts to the holster on that side.

This is without a doubt one the worst thought out designs for costuming on an articulated figure. How did this get a green light for manufacturing? Why the hell would you make something so needlessly complicated and poorly executed? I got him back together but this is not a "fun" figure to mess around with. I should have left him in my initial flying pose, I had a much higher opinion of him from my initial handling.

Wow, what a lot of hassle. Sounds like a very frustrating figure. Glad I'm not interested in anything PT (and have never liked Jango's design/colour scheme, anyway). Have to say these continuous tales of poor QC on SSC's part are slowly killing my interest in picking up anything further from them. I've got the Jawas and R5 on order (and feel pretty sure that they can't mess them up, given the simplicity of the designs and re-use of R2's parts). They may well be my last figures from SSC (tempted by the AT-AT Driver but will wait for in-hand photos before deciding).

In my previous post I asked about everyone else's chest/abdomen armor. Here's pictures of my chest when I say its not flat and the abdomen protrudes out.. Is this what everyone else's looks like? Any replies would be appreciated.

20151002_093655.jpg

20151002_093709.jpg

Mine has arrived. Can't wait to open and see how not bad it is.

I spoke too soon. Like others, straight out of the box things are falling of left and right. the shin and knee pads fell off, the thigh armor Velcro came unglued, one of the things that hold the jet pack to the back came unglued, the missile on his gauntlet was terribly bent, there were weird blotches around the cheek areas, loose elbows, the pegs that hold the straps together are flimsy as hell, the fake leather is super thin and cheap, I can't stand the way they made the jet pack attach to the back, wtf is up with them using screws to hold the back armor in place, the plastic they used for the helmet seems very brittle. It's just insane they charged as much as they did. But at least the helmet-less head was done pretty well. Unfortunately I'm gonna return it. Sucks cuz I was super excited for this guy :(

I spoke too soon. Like others, straight out of the box things are falling of left and right...
Wow... About three sentences into your nightmare scenario, I thought for sure you joking sarcastically. Then, I slowly realized you were serious... Sorry Bro... Maybe you got the mass produced Crash Test Dummy Edition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow, I got the super rare, Tough As Mike Tyson Edition, while everyone else got the Glass Joe version...

Wow... About three sentences into your nightmare scenario, I thought for sure you joking sarcastically. Then, I slowly realized you were serious... Sorry Bro... Maybe you got the mass produced Crash Test Dummy Edition...

I had lower expectations before I got it. But the quality was still disappointing. Everything looks good, but once I started handling it as I should, I knew I was not keeping it. I know these things can be fragile, I've owned about 30 1/6 over the years, but this was a little ridiculous. Never have I returned anything due to bad quality, only for breakages.

Come on guys . He can't be that bad . My Star Wars snow trooper was a fantastic figure .

I'm usually very easy to please, and I realllllly like how Jango looks, but he just does not feel like quality. And I know sideshow can make good figures, I just got the deluxe clone and I love it.

Back