Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The curious thing though, is that they're completely out of their league these days.. & they just want to keep going. :lol
I really think one of the big things biting Sideshow in the ass now is the fact that they raised their prices considerably. The fact that they're pricing their stuff around the same range as Hot Toys does is doing them no favors. Especially when other companies are better at 1/6th and they put other brands up side by side with their stuff. It's hard to look at a below average Sideshow figure selling for around the same price as a Hot Toys figure which generally come out good or at the least match their prototypes.

Agreed. Here is are some pics with the helmet on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444601038.313128.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444601052.919398.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444601061.390351.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444601106.399384.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444601171.495926.jpg

Nice job, jedijim. Looks much better. I think I may move the plates again and maybe use some wax or melt a crayon to cover holes. Good job.

Great work with your mods there Jim! The collar armour's sitting right now, & the chest pieces look much better how you've got them now. Those holes should be easy enough to cover up. The wonky helmet definitely looks best from the side though - it's the only good angle it has. :lol

I really think one of the big things biting Sideshow in the ass now is the fact that they raised their prices considerably. The fact that they're pricing their stuff around the same range as Hot Toys does is doing them no favors. Especially when other companies are better at 1/6th and they put other brands up side by side with their stuff. It's hard to look at a below average Sideshow figure selling for around the same price as a Hot Toys figure which generally come out good or at the least match their prototypes.
Yep.

That company that's doing the Harry Potter figures - wow. To be fair though, SSC has to factor in licensing costs etc, but their end product is pretty much ALWAYS disappointing. I only have TWO SSC SW figures: Hammerhead & Greedo.

I had others in the past like Qui-Gon, some Ep2 clones, Sandie Corporal & the Endor Rebel Sergeant, but turfed them pretty quickly after realizing that I either didn't really have a need for them, or just plain didn't want them.

I kept the Endor Rebel's gear though, & made a custom.

Thanks guys. You never know how a figure will turn out.
"You hope for the best then make due with what you get."
-Nick Fury

Officially cancelled. :gah:

I just knew that I would have had buyers remorse (not a good feeling to have) with this figure especially with all its faults so I will just spend the money on something else and wait for HT to hopefully do him justice one day. :pray:

I had a giant bus shelter sized ad campaign poster of Jango with the clone army behind him, & that pic sums up his vibe for me.

He was never wearing ANYTHING purple.

Ever.

Officially cancelled. :gah:

I just knew that I would have had buyers remorse (not a good feeling to have) with this figure especially with all its faults so I will just spend the money on something else and wait for HT to hopefully do him justice one day. :pray:

I've been this close to doing the same. The BS NRD is stopping me but mark my words, if it shows up like I fear it will with even half these issues I'll cancel everything but 3PO and just collect Hot Toys for 1/6. Like others have said, if they're gonna charge as much as HT then make damn sure the quality is on par with the price. As much as I enjoy my last SST, Hoth Luke, collecting is too expensive to gamble on hit and miss products.

I've been this close to doing the same. The BS NRD is stopping me but mark my words, if it shows up like I fear it will with even half these issues I'll cancel everything but 3PO and just collect Hot Toys for 1/6. Like others have said, if they're gonna charge as much as HT then make damn sure the quality is on par with the price. As much as I enjoy my last SST, Hoth Luke, collecting is too expensive to gamble on hit and miss products.

I'm hearing you. I feel the same. Got my SSC R2 today and it annoyed me more than impressed me.

I only had one issue with mine and that was the rangefinder came off i guess i was quite lucky but still think his an awesome figure

I also enjoy it very much. I luckily didn't have any qc issues, only temporary frustration with the knee and shin plates. Haven't had an issue with them recently, and I've been reposing fett a lot lately.

Hopefully SSC will get the message with this figure, that it is not ok to charge these prices and release a figure like this. If HT's does it, I do not buy the figure. Same with SSC. I am not paying their NRD anymore either. That is the biggest rip off. It would be different if the production figures were better, but they are not. Very hit or miss.

Yep well my money went on another 1/6 figure which will be bring me more joy than this Jango Fett figure ever would. Such a shame as I really want a Jango Fett in my collection but I'm pretty sure that HT will make him one day.

SSC shocking job with this figure has me looking at them in a new light, and I'm having serious doubts in buying their Deadpool now. I'm going to have a real long think about purchasing each SSC figure that interests me from here on out, what a way for a company to really put you off. :cuckoo:

Back