Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was fully expecting to have to pay return shipping, but SS sent me a prepaid return label.

Last edited:
Im calling it, a bunch of people will love it for about a month, then get really nit picky, youll also see a ton of "just needs futzing" even though the under body is garbage and unfutzable, then the mods and body swaps, the "hands on" videos from SS cronies and absurd price justifications and "everything is amazing" ... It wont be pure crap, just your average ss variety crap

I was close enough ...

They are going to run out of replacement parts quickly. Then they'll just throw their hands up and say refund. Of course you're out shipping and NRD.

Yup...that's their way. They will likely have more than they usually do with Hot Toys but once they've expended their allotment, that'll be it.

Can anyone cast new knee guards from the existing ones?

The more I think about this figure and what I'd need to do to get it to be acceptable I think it's just not worth it... I don't even care for the character that much and he's just not worth the $220 I paid.

Additionally this may be the death nail for my PT figures; I got sucked back in by the quality of Grievious and the Battle Droids but the shine has since worn off and I don't really think these sub-par PT figures deserve two shelves in my collection anymore :lol

From looking at the pics everyone has posted I wanted to ask a question. I see that they are still using the black bodies. What are the chances these are the same style and material used on the SS Catwoman, Harley and other figures that posed so many breakage problems? Not to mention the reported "melting" of the plastic.

Wasn't the wait list closed on the exclusive at one point? Now it's just sitting on their site available as an in-stock purchase. Must have been a ton of cancellations/returns.

Ouch! Are you returning to Sideshow?

If so, extra spare parts for you other guys!

I think I will end up parting him out on eBay, I assume the head will bring a nice price and the rest will make up for any shortfall of returning the figure and either paying for shipping.

Wasn't the wait list closed on the exclusive at one point? Now it's just sitting on their site available as an in-stock purchase. Must have been a ton of cancellations/returns.

Is this thing worth a Spooktacular 30% off price? Probably not, huh? That's still $166 unshipped.

Honestly, I don't think I'd buy this for $100.

Additionally this may be the death nail for my PT figures; I got sucked back in by the quality of Grievious and the Battle Droids but the shine has since worn off and I don't really think these sub-par PT figures deserve two shelves in my collection anymore :lol
Agreed. I really liked Grievous as a figure but have no attachment to the PT, so sold him off. Limited space I have needs to be reserved for more meaningful characters (i.e., OT only).

This thing is worth no more than $50.

Just about.

image.jpeg

^^ The picture on the package has the right mix of purple, grey and blue.

I've said it before, but on a better body, that figure is pretty great.

That is a nice set that Hasbro did...

And as much as folks are still piling on this new SSC version, well...

I like it. A lot. May end up being a lone voice of praise for it in here, but...that's fine.

Back