Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the lighting effect parts are a fun idea, but they look too much like a toy for me to want to display them. And I don't think it's an issue of quality as they are well done, but they just look like what they are which is plastic :lol

I'd have been happy with them being left off and saving $15 or more. Or, if they'd added lights to the rocket pack that might have made it more worthwhile as that similar effect on the GoHero Buck Rogers looked pretty cool:

bucka.jpg

buckb.jpg

Got Jango today. Not really worth the $240 in my opinion. Quality is not there. Knee and shin guards fall off easily, the smoke and bullet effects looked a lot better in the promo pics, still like them though. The rocket fire won't stay in the rocket, they keep falling out. I still like him, happy I kept my order, finally got to complete my AOTC/Clone Wars shelf with him.

The suit color is not an issue with me. The color is better than that blue. Would be cool to see a Clone Wars Boba Fett down the line from the SSC to pose with Jango.
From what I see, the exclusive is worth close to that price--maybe $219 (which then could have been $200 with a coupon), but no way the regular without the Jango sculpt is worth $240. You could probably sell off the sculpt for $75-$85. Not a fan of SS having such giant exclusives. A couple of those silly blaster effects would have sufficed probably.:lol
Or better yet a regular Jango portrait could have been included with the regular, with the pilot headgear added as the exclusive--though that would have probably been screwy if it was an add on.

Or better yet a regular Jango portrait could have been included with the regular, with the pilot headgear added as the exclusive--though that would have probably been screwy if it was an add on.

That would have been a great idea for an exclusive, or even just a headband that fit around the regular sculpt. But making a very scene specific portrait is odd... on top of people rarely wanting to display Jango not wearing his helmet :lol

That would have been a great idea for an exclusive, or even just a headband that fit around the regular sculpt. But making a very scene specific portrait is odd... on top of people rarely wanting to display Jango not wearing his helmet :lol

I haven't seen AOTC in quite some time, did he wear the poncho in the movie?

For those who aren't happy with the purple, maybe grab the ol' Hasbro Jango loose. It's a pretty decent quality jumpsuit and has that blue-grey tone. I might try it if the purple's too bright in-hand.

2h6zmdt.png

Not 100% sure he's seen wearing the poncho in AOTC. I believe he's only seen wearing it in deleted (Geonosis trial) scenes.

They did a lot of things right on him, but that purple really stands out as being off. The prototype had the correct color, so I think it must have been some type of production mistake. Also not a big fan of the ball joint ankles. I like the peg that has been used previously on figures much better. And there are little issues like the hoses on the arm being too short and popping out if you bend the arm and the shin guards popping off.

Overall I'm glad I got him and he really looks amazing when posed flying, but at the same time he is disappointing.

After seeing all of these SSC / Medi side by side pics, I think I might actually pic up the Medi cheap and do some mods. The SSC helmet looks huge. I though the hasbro was big but goin by these pics the Medi is way better. I'm pretty happy with my modded Hasbro though so I may just pick up some SSC pieces to upgrade it.

Wasn't expecting him until Friday, but he showed today....here's a quick shot before hitting the hay...

My first impressions are similar to what others have said. Great figure. The purple is a non-issue "in-hand", but the camera has issues....will have to try some different lighting this weekend for some shots.

Really like the look....detailing and gear real fine (belts and holsters are excellent looking). Portrait is very nice....came from proto to production looking real good.

Looking forward to trying out some posing and pics with this one......

Wasn't expecting him until Friday, but he showed today....here's a quick shot before hitting the hay...

My first impressions are similar to what others have said. Great figure. The purple is a non-issue "in-hand", but the camera has issues....will have to try some different lighting this weekend for some shots.

Really like the look....detailing and gear real fine (belts and holsters are excellent looking). Portrait is very nice....came from proto to production looking real good.

look how tiny the handle of that gun is compared to the hand... yeash, its not even a fit issue as the trigger is in the somewhat right place, cancelling was the best decision I made this month

The only thing that weirds me out about this Jango is that the collar line of the actual flak vest doesn't line up with the collar line of the armor. Why leave so much leather in front of the neck like that?

I mean it seems like a simple fix if you have sewing skills (cut the flak vest neckline to match the collar plate, fold over and make a new seam) but I can't sew worth shart.

look how tiny the handle of that gun is compared to the hand... yeash, its not even a fit issue as the trigger is in the somewhat right place, cancelling was the best decision I made this month

Yup, oversized hands, wrong color jumpsuit, no helmet dent... glad I cancelled as well. I'm good with my modified v.1 Medi on a Hot Toys slim.

Has anyone else noted his gloves are black. Got mine in and it's a mess, broken knee guard, off centered armor and a ripped suite.

^^^ Still not a bad figure for a Hasbro.

Yeah, with some minor mods it might look pretty good. Not SSC or Medi good, but decent.

After seeing all of these SSC / Medi side by side pics, I think I might actually pic up the Medi cheap and do some mods. The SSC helmet looks huge. I though the hasbro was big but goin by these pics the Medi is way better. I'm pretty happy with my modded Hasbro though so I may just pick up some SSC pieces to upgrade it.

Have you should pics of your modded Hasbro. Still thinking I might display my Hasbro as a background. Jango has Geonosis and rain battle that are both sort of essential.

One I'm really on the fence for. The thought of having it is better then the reality of owning it sort of thing, I swapped my medi to a th body and painted a ssc boba helm to jango scheme. It might just satisfy me for a bit longer

Excellent photo... really shows how nice the figure can look.

I still find it a frustrating figure, but my initial disappointment is abating a bit. I still think I'll tinker with him and try to find a way to have the armor stay on better. May even just glue the shin and knee bits in place, the more I think about that seems to be the easiest solution and if it doesn't work I can always try something more elaborate.

Actually he's using the gesturing hand... there are two trigger hands that fit the odd style of trigger perfectly. At first I didn't think there were any trigger hands due to the way the fingers are curled.

Back