Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this price this should be polystone and top noch paint. But we all know SSC. They are greedy and never got production pieces nowhere near of quality of proto.

The original with throne was $320. Now it's $795.

The new one looks impressive until you realize the first version has a better likeness. The new one has a better paint job though. Crumb and pillows are great on the new one, too.

Sideshow Jabba Comparison.jpg

Everyone talking like hot toys jabba is a sure thing. Even if it does happen. Talking mucho bucks. More then 90 percent of ppl will spend. They know that. Only reason you got hulkbuster is cause of the cash cow iron Man is in china.

Hmmm Jabba or x2 Jabba Sail Barge from Haslab.....

Def. going with the Sail Barge.

I like the new one.

If it came without throne and Crumb and was priced right I might just bite.

But with an $800 price tag Sideshow is telling me they think that Jabba is worth near $400, which I don't feel it is for hollow plastic.

I thought the original Jabba was Sideshow's greatest rip-off at $120 for hollow plastic.

For this price this should be polystone and top noch paint. But we all know SSC. They are greedy and never got production pieces nowhere near of quality of proto.

I bet the original throne weighs more than this new one.

Everyone talking like hot toys jabba is a sure thing. Even if it does happen. Talking mucho bucks. More then 90 percent of ppl will spend. They know that. Only reason you got hulkbuster is cause of the cash cow iron Man is in china.

It's just with the Solo movie coming, it must have appeared on HT's radar along with Greedo.

But yeah, it'd be big bucks too - not sure it'd be $800 though.

Jabba looks like a CGI bantha poo. Original was way better and screen accurate puppet.

I've been trying to figure out what the main problem with the likeness is - the sculpt detail is there and the proto paint is stellar, but its like the features of his face have drifted away from where they should be, and that smile looks super wonky. It reminds me of one of the PT Hutts.

Maybe the separate pieces idea has caused some slight distortion of the overall head, making the face look a bit off. Doesn't mean they won't fix it though - they redid the Snowie Commander and fixed that.

I think HT will eventually do a Jabba. And they'll hopefully do it right with a Jabba only release, and deluxe with the throne. Kinda like the Emperor. That's when it'll be time for me to upgrade my original SS Jabba, while not needing a new throne. The original is just fine.

I wonder if sideshow will finally be going ahead with their Rebo band now?

I wonder if sideshow will finally be going ahead with their Rebo band now?

Yeah, well supposedly they had the molds done eight years ago. My guess is they crunched the numbers back then and thought "nobody will pay $250 for the Rebo Band" so dumped the project. Cut to today and they'll use those exact same molds and charge $500.

While this release obviously has issues, I really hope this means Sideshow is focusing on Jabba's Palace. The Rebo Band and some of jabba's henchmen would be awesome. They're characters that HT will never do.

Sort of, but not really...

You just shut your damn pie-hole.:lol

The sculpt, seams, and price are a huge turnoff. I would never use most of those swap out parts, which add to the price and cause the seams...

I'm a Star Wars completist without a Jabba and I think I am going to gamble that Hot Toys will eventually do this.

What planet does sideshow live on... HB was 850 and was an engineering marvel, it "may" have cost HTs more with the delays and redesign but its almost impossible to know for sure. How does sideshow think theyre in that realm? At $500-600 this seems like "ok thats a bit much but I do need this so ill bite" at 800 im just laughing as I move right alongto the next thing

This confirms to me the HT's will drop at SDCC 2019.

So that tells me this year's SDCC will be HT finishing up both Hoth and Endor -- Han Bespin, Luke Hoth and Scout with Speeder bike!!! Yippee!

Since when does Sideshow release ANYTHING with a 6 month-ish window between for sale date and ship date. Feels like there is some sort of deadline to meet:)

unless I'm reading this wrong ...... New Jabba is 29" long , the old Jabba was 20" long
was SS off 9" on the first one ???? or is this Super Jabba .......

Back