Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new Salacious Crumb. At least he's included this time (instead of a $50 creature pack). And he comes with 2 heads and multiple legs for different poses!

Not sure if the new Salacious Crumb is much of an upgrade. Plus the original came with all the extra little creatures.

salacious comp.jpg

So far this not worth the upgrade for those, like me, that have the original. The paint on Jabba is nicer along with the swappable eyes and mouth, but not sure the sculpt is that much better. I definitely would've upgraded Jabba though if they were to sell him separately.

Likeness of the old looks better. But I like the colouring of the new

Yeah, there's something off with the sculpt - maybe due to accomodating the insert mouth/eye pieces.

The gaps around the insert pieces is a real worry. The gap/seam around the SSC Tauntaun neck (swappable heads) was awful.

Really not sure why they went this route - for $800, just do two heads (open eyes and narrowed eyes) where the seam can be hidden in the neck folds instead of plainly obvious on Jabba's face.

Man the seems look REALLY bad. Look at the mouth in the image of Jabbas tattoo. Really a shame as only dim lighting would hide them. A piece as elaborate as this would be well lit.

I suspect HotToys will give us one eventually. While this piece is an attractive tempt, I will hold off and wait for the HotToys version.
Same. I'll wait. Items at this price range you don't want to bother double dipping. I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I have old Jabba with no throne so I'll may be interested in the new one but if 800$ is the price for the bundle the throne alone should be 300-400$, and that's way too much. 825$ was Hulkbuster retail price....I can't justify myself buying a green turd on a concrete slab for that price.

So should we nickname this, Mr. Potato Head Jabba version?

You know.. with all the face inserts and all.

The throne still looks kind of small.

Even with the high NRD on bbts, 4 dollar shipping is better than what ssc will do. But the problem i have is this is hulkbuster price territory, and i have the first version with throne....this is a tough one.

didn't I buy this 10 years ago? SS continuing to recast their old figures. sigh.

Wish it was 1/4 scale. oh well.

Here's another comparison pic from SS photos..

SS Jabba.jpg

I do like the curled tail of the original better fitting on the throne rather than sticking straight out and hanging off.

This is a very tempting piece and I do want to sell my original Jabba and throne. I’m going to wait to see production pics before considering buying because Sideshow’s track record has been a huge turn off for me. HT all the way.

Original Jabba definitely looks more screen accurate. I see that the throne dimensions are visibly different but I don't know which one matches the movie throne better at first glance.

The original sculpt is far superior, though the paint on the proto of the new version is far superior. If anything, this just makes me want to have my old Jabba repainted to match this one. I never did buy a throne, perhaps now I can find one for cheap. If anyone chooses to offload their throne in favor of this one, message me! :D

Looks cool but dang why couldn’t this have been HT’s? Ugh! Like some have said it would really suck to pay almost a grand and then HT’s drops a better version.

Is Sideshow freaking high with that price? I want a Jabba and throne set but with their usual quality there’s not a chance in hell I’m plunking down $795 plus shipping without seeing the final product first. Even then it’s a stretch. Good looking set but that’s a lot of cash.

No way is this worth $800 with this visible joints where the mouth attaches. What the hell is Sideshow thinking? Forget the switch out crap and give us one quality seamless expression. Hate when they ruin a good looking figure or statue to add switch out parts.

This confirms to me the HT's will drop at SDCC 2019.

So that tells me this year's SDCC will be HT finishing up both Hoth and Endor -- Han Bespin, Luke Hoth and Scout with Speeder bike!!! Yippee!

Here's another comparison pic from SS photos..

View attachment 397964

I do like the curled tail of the original better fitting on the throne rather than sticking straight out and hanging off.

I think its the weird smile look that's throwing off the likeness on the new Jabba. He looks like one of the animated Jabbas.

He also seems too "smushed" where the upper torso is sitting too low into the lower body. That's the aspect that makes it look like the later Hasbro Jabbas, that always seemed like he'd melted down into the throne a bit.

I wonder if the tail is posable or if it's fixed? I'm guessing it wouldn't be. Yeah, I like the curled tail more too.

Just preordered from BBTS. They say it qualifies for $4 shipping. I took a screenshot to him led them to their advertised rate. 🤑

I had the original, but sold it when I was pregnant. I sort of missed this set, so this was a wonderful surprise. I hope they rerelease the Gamorrean Guard, which go for $300 on eBay.

Looks good, but I'm happy with the first release and it isn't worth $800 to upgrade. Hopefully we'll see some more Jabba alien releases to go along with this release. Would love to see the Max Rebo Band.

Back