Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks awesome, got to say.

Changeable expressions - mix-and-match. Same for Salacious. And you get throne...with real pillows and rugs.

Only thing missing is that it doesn't light up.

I was hoping for lights on the throne but nothing doing.

Hard to justify this one as an "upgrade" since I'm happy with the repaint on my original. The eye and mouth options do look fantastic on the proto.

Re: 2018 Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne DELUXE (PHOTOS)

WOW!! Is this real? Nowadays you can give me the entire sales routine that "it includes this, and that and also this” but I’m like “Ya…but how much will it cost me??” Looks great, open eyes are not there yet. Jabba has always been my favourite, however not interested from the beginning due to the amount this piece will cost!!!

Looks like secondary market prices on the original SS Jabba release will be taking a nosedive later this afternoon.

throne.jpg

Get it! So much fun.

I'd like the new jabba if they sell him separate.

Want this but think ima wait till production pics pop up and see If there are any issues with those seams and paint apps. Bring on the rest of Jabba’s Goons!

I think the head on the original jabba is more accurate, but I love those change out features! Also, I think the new throne is more accurate than the older one. I wish these would go up separately, but it looks like that's a no on that.

I remember I couldn’t get myself to pay around $200-$250 for a used SS Jabba with DIAS back then. Once I picked up that Jabba and felt how light he was my wallet jumped out of my pocket went to the car and said “Lets go home”!!!

To this day….no regrets!! :wink1:

Re: SSC Jabba the Hutt on throne Deluxe Sixth Scale set

Wow all right - $800 plus a hefty shipping bill (especially if its polystone, which seems likely given the inserts.) Over $100 more than the HT Delorean? :horror

Something off with the head sculpt to me, perhaps due to the odd choice to have various sets of insert eyes and mouthes. It's a decent effort but the head reminds me of the better Hasbro Jabbas more than accurate to the movie.

I LOVE the paint work, though how it comes out on the production piece is anyone's guess. Would love to see what the original SSC Jabba (which seems a slightly more screen accurate sculpt than this) would look like with that amazing prototype paint job.

Kudos to Sideshow for sculpting a new throne. It looks much the same, but its cool they didn't just reissue the old one.

I must say though - I'm kind of bummed to see this from Sideshow. With a Jabba cameo likely in the Solo movie, I thought it was likely HT would do a Jabba, but now likely not (can't imagine we'll see another head-to head like Luke Jedi on such an expensive/large item like Jabba.)

Whoa ��
I want this.
Just hope that those eyes and mouth pieces pop in seamless as possible or it’ll look like a Jabba puzzle.

Bring on the rest of his goons SSC!

Yeah, given the way the SSC Tauntaun neck seam (for the swappable head) came out - which was really noticeable - I think the eyes/mouth thing on this seems very iffy.

I like the new Salacious Crumb. At least he's included this time (instead of a $50 creature pack). And he comes with 2 heads and multiple legs for different poses!

Man the seems look REALLY bad. Look at the mouth in the image of Jabbas tattoo. Really a shame as only dim lighting would hide them. A piece as elaborate as this would be well lit.

I suspect HotToys will give us one eventually. While this piece is an attractive tempt, I will hold off and wait for the HotToys version.

I got the original Sideshow Jabba on Ebay last year. At the time, part of me wondered about waiting to see if Hot Toys ever made their own version. But, I found a good deal online, and could't resist. It was just Jabba by himself though; no throne.

Then, about a month ago, I found an auction for a Sideshow IG-88 (the original one, not the new one) bundled with the Salacious Crumb creature pack. I had really wanted a Salacious Crumb, but the creature pack by itself sold for too much online. Fortunately I was the only bidder, and got an awesome price for the two (less than IG-88 goes for by himself).

So, it's kind of a bummer to see this new Jabba now. But it's also very pricey, so maybe I should just be content with what I have, and the fact that I paid far less for it (but, again, no throne). The older one has a really good sculpt (at first glance, perhaps better than the new one?), just not as good paint. I can't justify owning two Jabbas. I wonder though, had I known, would I have bought this new one instead?

Shocking to me that at nearly twice the cost of the original set, the only part that looks like a significant upgrade is the paint, sculpt looks a lot less accurate than
The original, for me this is a rare case of being glad to have the original.

Back