Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pic and information riblets.

Also, I am interested now, so damn you. Can't really say 'I don't have the room' anymore. :wink1:
Good, IMG_1158.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Eeek......just ordered one at PC at 20% off (May 4th sale). On a payment plan in which my birthday will cover some of it as well as selling a couple of ST figures. Hoo boy. Didn't think it was gonna happen.

Yeah I really didn't want to pull the trigger (I still don't absolutely love this piece) but US$670 including taxes/shipping is around the pricepoint this piece SHOULD have been so I couldn't resist. In my mind this piece should have been $599 at the Sideshow site plus a hefty around-$50 shipping bill for that massive box, so I'm happy enough to pay around that level. Curious to see this in-hand.

Just got the Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander for US$135 shipped also (not at PC,) so some good deals out there if you wait.

It’s probably just a casting spru that broke off when they glued him together. As long as you don’t have a hole somewhere, I wouldn’t worry about it... How often are you going to be picking him up and shaking him, anyway...?

That could be it. On another note, I’ve heard of collectors finding garbage casts/parts rattling around in the base before (for added weight?), but they shouldn’t be the case. As Stryker mentioned if nothing appears to be broken on the outside you should be fine.
You could say it’s just one of the Klatooine Paddy Frogs he just ate ;)

It's probably nothing like you said.
Haven't tried to attach any eyes or arms on him.
Hope it's not a loose magnet.
Couldn't find anywhere to put him.

I considered picking up another sideshow figure but apparently it was already discounted and not part of the sale. No purchase for me.

I ran it thru my cart too... but its $670 plus shipping of $143... so I passed.

Yeah, I'm in Australia right now so scored it for that US$670 total. PC's regular 1/6 figures ship cost is pretty affordable to the States but this release (or any larger heavy item like a statue) would be very different.

I considered picking up another sideshow figure but apparently it was already discounted and not part of the sale. No purchase for me.

It's one of the things that really bugs me about PC sales. They have figures that were already discounted before the sale but the new sale discount doesn't lower those fig prices any further.

Yeah, I'm in Australia right now so scored it for that US$670 total. PC's regular 1/6 figures ship cost is pretty affordable to the States but this release (or any larger heavy item like a statue) would be very different.

It's one of the things that really bugs me about PC sales. They have figures that were already discounted before the sale but the new sale discount doesn't lower those fig prices any further.

Welcome to Aus Tali. Where abouts are you travelling? Won't you have issues getting this puppy home? Pretty sure it's not gonna fit in carry on ha ha. I mulled over this at 20% off but still could afford it just now and it selling out made the decision easier.

PC sales have gotten stingier and stingier and few and far between. I remember the good old days when 20% off was 20% off the lot - already on sale items and PO items. I got the original R2D2/C3PO premium format on preorder on one of those sales. Never would have been able to afford it back them without the discount.

Still need to do a better job posing but nice to have another character. Wish we could get a HT version of Leia.

2BD96F8D-7F7C-4571-904E-45430B65784D.jpg

If I were you, I’d put a thin sheet of paper, tissue — something — between Leia and Jabba (particularly if you have her leaning up against him a bit). There’s no telling what kind of reaction the paint on Jabba will have on that type of rubber — or vice versa.

Finally got mine, but honestly, I'm not really that happy overall. Yes, it looks more impressive than the original, but the lack of paint apps continuity is mind-blowing bad. Got mine through a local dealer, and asked if they could check if they had one that was better, but they'd already sold out. They contacted the importer, who, quite frankly, didn't give a **** - so I contacted Sideshow directly - and they didn't give a **** either.

I wasn't going to post anything, but if Sideshow can't find it within themselves to replace a couple of pieces that would probably cost them $5, to a customer that has been with them from the beginning and spent thousands of dollars... they can go **** themselves too.

Anyway, all 3 mouth pieces are a horrible match and the arms are completely different tones of green to the body.

Here's a shot of my brown bearded Jabba.

Hopefully other people who bought directly from Sideshow, see how misleading their prototype photos were compared with what we got, and they get an influx of unhappy consumers.

It's really highlighted in (photo left, Jabba's right) edge of mouth; on Jabba, it's a light yellow color, on the mouth piece, brown.

regions bank open on saturday near me

The shelves are rated for 40lbs with thick tempered glass, but yeah, will be moving Jabba down soon.

The cabinet is from Displays2go. The four shelves will be Infinity War, Endgame, misc marvel, and then star wars at the bottom.

Were you successful moving Jabba to the bottom? I was looking at the shelf heights, and it looks like the bottom shelf is only 16” high when adjusted. I’m very close to ordering the same display case as you, but was hoping to put Jabba on the bottom as well.

all 3 mouth pieces are a horrible match and the arms are completely different tones of green to the body.

That does look odd and unrealistic. Are the arms also that badly mismatched? Is it that noticeable in regular room lighting?

This has been my chief fear since chalor's episodes -- getting a Jabba that isn't uniform, or having to replace parts that then come mismatched. It's a big risk on $800+

Finally got mine, but honestly, I'm not really that happy overall. Yes, it looks more impressive than the original, but the lack of paint apps continuity is mind-blowing bad. Got mine through a local dealer, and asked if they could check if they had one that was better, but they'd already sold out. They contacted the importer, who, quite frankly, didn't give a **** - so I contacted Sideshow directly - and they didn't give a **** either.

I wasn't going to post anything, but if Sideshow can't find it within themselves to replace a couple of pieces that would probably cost them $5, to a customer that has been with them from the beginning and spent thousands of dollars... they can go **** themselves too.

Anyway, all 3 mouth pieces are a horrible match and the arms are completely different tones of green to the body.

Hopefully other people who bought directly from Sideshow, see how misleading their prototype photos were compared with what we got, and they get an influx of unhappy consumers.

It's really highlighted in (photo left, Jabba's right) edge of mouth; on Jabba, it's a light yellow color, on the mouth piece, brown.

Man, that sucks hard.

And that's why I'd hesitate to ever buy a SS product from a 3rd party. They have too many issues with their items. And if you don't buy directly from them, good luck in getting a satisfying resolution. It would have to be a killer deal/something too good to pass up and worth taking the chance. Or of course a long sold out item.

I was never really sold on this statue from day one.. Between the price and known SS quality issues. Easy pass for me. I'm more than happy with my original, or willing to wait for an eventual/hopeful HT release.

Back