Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's team work!

Or Indy1975 could simply buy the new Jabba for me -- this way he can proudly say he did purchase the new Jabba, but he won't be confronted with the difficult choice of which one to display.

Problem solved.

But there was no Indy in 1975.:dunno

I think its been mentioned before, but if this does well, which it looks like it will, it might encourage SS to redo the Tauntaun, Dewback and other creatures.

I think its sad when you look on the SS website, some of the crap they are getting into, they are really becoming a 3rd party distributor more and more.

How many pieces do they come out with themselves? No many? Company's like Prime and IS are churning them out, and high quality too.

Jabba might look great, but I don't buy Sideshow products on principle now. There's been far too many pieces of absolutely APPALLING quality that they've foisted upon their consumers in recent years - and they keep doing it. And why wouldn't they? No-one stops buying them. My resolve firmed after the insultingly laughable quality of their Jawas: no more Sideshow for me.

I think its sad when you look on the SS website, some of the crap they are getting into, they are really becoming a 3rd party distributor more and more. How many pieces do they come out with themselves? No many? Company's like Prime and IS are churning them out, and high quality too.

Maybe Sideshow have hit a wall where the sometimes sweatshop quality of their in-house products isn't making them the $$$ it used to, so maybe it's more profitable to move into distribution.

The UPS lady left me something...big...today...

Some minor cons aside....I have to say this is a nice looking statue. Overall a nice upgrade to the previous one.

It's different...then the first version..have to treat it more like a statue....but it has a great self presence. I think I like the tongue mouth the best. The cups don't all sit flat...I assume everyone's is like that?

I also like the way the hooka sat on the first one better, much more snug.

On the whole a very nice peice that for the most part blows the V1 away.

20190220_214038.jpg

20190220_214119.jpg

20190220_214124.jpg

20190220_214203.jpg

Attachments

• 20190220_214052.jpg
    20190220_214052.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 270
  • 20190220_214114.jpg
    20190220_214114.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
i`m hoping maybe in a few months i can get this version. i`m in the works on selling old jabba.

no chance to sell the old one now ;) I have an old one with throne myself and I try to sell, but I have not waited and bought a new one, later prices can be cosmic.

I' m hoping sideshow rerelease's jabba's guards & bib and jabbas creature pack. Hurry up lando and bring on a new bounty hunter disguise hot toys Leia chewy 2 pack.

So I received my replacement today and want to share some things I noticed. Haven't sent back the first one, so I was able to compare the two copies. I noticed that each one is different when it comes to the size of the mouth hole. Each corner of the mouth opening is also different. Like one mouthpiece off the new one can't even fit on my first.

So just a heads up for anyone that might need a mouthpiece replacement. I've already caused damage trying to wedge some of them in. The right corner of the mouth hole is particularly fragile.

That’s a bummer. I wonder how many in each batch they are producing... 10, 20...5 at a time?
Been 2 weeks and still no response from SS. I wonder if they’re getting multiple complaints on broken Crumb’s

Can we get a rare pic of TWO Jabba set ups side by side?? :)

That’s a bummer. I wonder how many in each batch they are producing... 10, 20...5 at a time?
Been 2 weeks and still no response from SS. I wonder if they’re getting multiple complaints on broken Crumb’s

Can we get a rare pic of TWO Jabba set ups side by side?? :)

You have been waiting a bit longer than me, but I have no response from Sideshow yet either. Ridiculous really, their response had better be that they are soon taking care of everything. Probably have to call next week, seems like they are ducking customers right now.

You have been waiting a bit longer than me, but I have no response from Sideshow yet either. Ridiculous really, their response had better be that they are soon taking care of everything. Probably have to call next week, seems like they are ducking customers right now.

It’s odd. I feel it’s this Jabba release. Possibly since it’s their only figure to be released in batches; inconsistencies varying in casts and paint apps maybe? I emailed them again (parts request/replacements tab) regarding timely assistance especially on pieces of this price range. Ill call if no response by mid week.

So I received my replacement today and want to share some things I noticed. Haven't sent back the first one, so I was able to compare the two copies. I noticed that each one is different when it comes to the size of the mouth hole. Each corner of the mouth opening is also different. Like one mouthpiece off the new one can't even fit on my first.

So just a heads up for anyone that might need a mouthpiece replacement. I've already caused damage trying to wedge some of them in. The right corner of the mouth hole is particularly fragile.

Yikes! Can you take pictures to show us, or is the difference small enough that pictures won't really reveal the truth?

The fragile material on this is one of the things really holding me back. For items like this, its always good to wait and see what problems arise as more product gets into the hands of actual collectors.

Wow - V.1, V.2 and V.3 all in the first month of release?:lol

And chalor, you mean you have two complete Jabba sets, or a second set of mouths that don't fit on your first Jabba body? Pics either way!:lecture

I don't understand how there could be that much variation in parts that come from the same mold.

Back