Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to purchase SS gift cards using the credit gift cards you have now. That should work.

:lecture There ya go Wor :)

That's a clever idea, Big Mo. So obvious, so simple. Likely I could even do that transfer all at once in the purchasing of Jabba right on the phone... once SS gets through with their site conversion.

Does anyone happen to have this little hole on their Jabba? And does anyone know why it would be there? I didn't see a hole on my similar SSC resin/polystone items.
View attachment 444267

Finally had the time to open mine this morning. If you loved Jabba's Palace this should not be missed if there is a way to make it happen. The in hand size of Jabba when you take the accessories layer off the top is pretty jarring, pictures can't really prepare you for it. The swapouts make Jabba a lot more fun, they give him life so to speak. It's the type of thing I dreamed of having as a kid that didn't seem possible(and wasn't) back then.

All that said mine has the exact same tiny hole in the exact same place as yours Chalor:mad:

Finally had the time to open mine this morning. If you loved Jabba's Palace this should not be missed if there is a way to make it happen. The in hand size of Jabba when you take the accessories layer off the top is pretty jarring, pictures can't really prepare you for it. The swapouts make Jabba a lot more fun, they give him life so to speak. It's the type of thing I dreamed of having as a kid that didn't seem possible(and wasn't) back then.

All that said mine has the exact same tiny hole in the exact same place as yours Chalor:mad:

Obviously bad casting being done with air bubbles. #becausesideshow

Sideshow prize people finally got in touch and I was able to pay the shipping/tax which was $54. There was some mix-up as a I wasn’t getting their e-mails or something and finally talked to the head of Sideshow’s Social Media on Facebook and she worked it out. So now I just have to wait for it to ship!

I come from a miniature painting background and have used Dullcote and other matte sprays (citadel etc.) and never had an issue with yellowing. One thing to be careful with a any spray though is to not use it in high humidity or too far away, no more than 12”, this can cause frosting to happen with Matte sprays. Once I get mine I’ll see if I want to spray it or not.

I love the idea of making different mouths and pieces. Matching colors would be the hardest part. I may have said this before but Sideshow should release Jabba Emotion Expansion Packs LoL. I really want one with a different tongue that isn’t quite so... erect.

I can't help but wish they somehow included an updated Bib with this package. Maybe unrealistic but I would rather they charged an extra $100 and maybe only included the one pose of Salacious sitting with his legs crossed. I do very much appreciate the alt Salacious head sculpt. I of course agree with everyone that his ears are way too fragile. And personally I do not feel the need to apply dullcoat to this.

Oh yeah, no dullcoate what-so-ever.
So what's with the last two videos on Jabba?? Neither one of these guys are big fans of Star Wars/know about Jabba (other than they're obviously a Hutt). Hey, hey, nothing wrong with buying stuff that you're not super into..just really odd when it's an $800+ item. This thing is bringing out "those collectors". Ya know, the ones that think action figures are beneath them - it's like a babies toy. Only the finest of statues will quench my sophisticated palate.

That's a clever idea, Big Mo. So obvious, so simple. Likely I could even do that transfer all at once in the purchasing of Jabba right on the phone... once SS gets through with their site conversion.

Secret compass -779.00
-5% discount = 39.00
Shipping flat is 50.00
Total 790.00

SS is 795.00 before shipping...Good luck Wor. Dont let us down!

Also, looks like alter ego threw one up on eBay. Wait for the 10 percent ebay code, then use PayPal credit.
Then you have 6 months no interest to find a buyer for your kidney.

Oh he definitely will. He's already invested way too much time in this thread to turn back now. ;)

Read my mind.

He’s bought it already, he just don’t know known it yet.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Good thing is that people seem to absolutely love this thing. ...bad ting is that in all reviews till date the ears of Crumb are broken. Wonder if SSC will do something about that later as it will cost them to replace that many heads...
I got pretty lucky then with no broken Crumb (or otherwise) parts. I did submit a request for a replacement eye and mouthpiece (chipped paint & ill fitting mouth). Wonder how long it's going to take for parts like that.

Still patiently waiting for a non-automated response from SSC regarding the Salacious head. Is anyone having trouble hearing back from them on anything?

Still patiently waiting for a non-automated response from SSC regarding the Salacious head. Is anyone having trouble hearing back from them on anything?

It took them about a week to get back to me, the new Crumb parts arrived in a couple days, and were packed really well in foam.

I do feel they should have cast him in a pvc, something with a little more give. He looks fantastic, but is soooo fragile.

It took them about a week to get back to me, the new Crumb parts arrived in a couple days, and were packed really well in foam.

I do feel they should have cast him in a pvc, something with a little more give. He looks fantastic, but is soooo fragile.

Ok cool. Yeah the head with those ears should have been made with PVC... save them and us a huge headache. Emailed them last Sunday so hopefully Monday. Thanks.

Checked my box Number 67 for what that's worth...
Oh..lowest number yet I believe. I ordered another Jabba due to issues that went beyond my request for a few parts. I wonder how long the wait time is to get one shipped from Sideshow right now if just ordered a few days ago. I'd call them, but I know how that goes. I wonder why they changed up the order numbers, had to create a new password, closed shop for a bit and have different hours now?

Back