Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking for older jabba exclusive i'm selling mine with box & shipper msg im in michigan.

And its gone again :lol

Are they really doing the $4 shipping? I really want to hear from someone who got that deal from BBTS.

When I contacted them about it they said it would be $4 flare rate but “might” charge sales tax. Depending on certain states new tax laws. I figured with my luck by the time they got him in they’d start taxing California customers.

When I contacted them about it they said it would be $4 flare rate but “might” charge sales tax. Depending on certain states new tax laws. I figured with my luck by the time they got him in they’d start taxing California customers.

Still cheaper than buying direct from Sideshow...

Who was it that said they charged $29 to ship locally here in California? If that's true, that $29 is a good savings compared to the $60+ for other states. Of course, we get charged 10% tax, so...

Really no way around it, this thing is closer to $900 delivered than $800.

20190214_231936-1.jpg
Just set this guy up overall I'm pretty happy it's a great piece I did find a few qc as other have said I did find some holes and some left over casting material in spots like in the nose...the picture below is of the holes I found on the body
20190214_232022.jpg

Yeah shipping was $29 which is super cheap considering K-2S0 was $18/$20?... gift card $250. Ended up paying (charging 🤫) $632 in the end.

The wife purchased it through the site and then I got the email with the code. Then just apply to account then at checkout. No physical gift card.

Unfortunate to hear - are you going to do the dullcote? That may be the key to taking care of the "cheap ceramic" look aspect. It would scare me to do it though in case there is some kind of chemical reaction between the dullcote and the Jabba paint over time. Knowing my luck after a couple of months it would go tacky or something (I've had that happen.) I don't think I'll do it and just deal with the sheen.

And a bummer it couldn't have been as good as the dewback in terms of the imperfections. I wonder if the shift from polystone (which also doesn't have any sheen aspects) on the Dewback to resin/fiberglass for Jabba impacted the finer end of quality of finish/imperfections.

Polystone was supposedly chosen because of the level of detail or accuracy it delivered but maybe the Jabba swap-out pieces needed finer tolerances - the neck seam/gap on the Tauntaun is pretty glaring and that kind of gap would have been bad news for the Jabba eyes/mouth pieces.

The fragility of this is a little scary - the old one you could probably drop from three feet with no issues - but at least it's not polystone which would have been even more fragile and probably weighed 50% more. The reality is, this guy is a 1/6 giant.
Thanks. Cheap ceramic; that's the words I meant to use. Oh hell no lol. I do have some dullcoate, but I'm too chicken **** to have ever tried it on anything. I'm not sure if the Dewback is polystone, since it's lite and hollow. Then again, I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to that sort of thing. Whatever it is, it certainly looks and feels of higher quality/less fragile. Yeah, the old one I could get on my two-story roof and hurl it by it's tail across the street with no damage. It's a nice quality rotocast.

Ahhhh... it was Sideshow gift card. Got it.

I have a couple gift cards but they're those ones people get you from the supermarket for your birthday. I have 3 of them I think, but I don't think SS allows you to use them on purchases. I think I called and tried a long time ago. If they took multiple gift cards, I'd be more inclined to get Jabba.

Like the Visa card ones? If so can’t you just use those like separate credit transactions since they’re like cash?

I don't know, I don't think so, because the Sideshow person has to run them -- each of them. It can be done obviously at any other store but I don't think Sideshow allows it. Maybe they would for Jabba since its a lot of cash.

Still, cards or cash, its still all coming out of the same pocket. Not sure I have $900 deep pockets right now.

If you guys wanna use dullcoat, you should use high end varnish for painting. The brand Golden is the best. It’s made for easy removal as well if you regret.

I don't know, I don't think so, because the Sideshow person has to run them -- each of them. It can be done obviously at any other store but I don't think Sideshow allows it. Maybe they would for Jabba since its a lot of cash.

Still, cards or cash, its still all coming out of the same pocket. Not sure I have $900 deep pockets right now.

You should be able to purchase SS gift cards using the credit gift cards you have now. That should work.

Jabba's not perfect, but the one thing I really don't understand is a need for a dullcoat- I think the finish and paint in general looks good as is.

Jabba's not perfect, but the one thing I really don't understand is a need for a dullcoat- I think the finish and paint in general looks good as is.

I don’t think I’ll dare do it on mine, but statues in general would look better with a dull coat... makes it more skin like.

Since there was a discussion about the hand written numbers, the one I got Wednesday is 520.

Just took him out of the box to make sure nothing was broken. Here is a quick shot of where he will go. Have to figure out which eyes, hands, and Crumb i want to go with.

A9FDD0AE-47AC-4BB9-9622-BC2F2D3565F5.jpg

View attachment 444360
Just set this guy up overall I'm pretty happy it's a great piece I did find a few qc as other have said I did find some holes and some left over casting material in spots like in the nose...the picture below is of the holes I found on the body
View attachment 444361

This is unfortunate but unavoidable in the process, for those who cast and work with various materials basically its cuasued by gaps of air that enter and escape after the cast is pulled, so its not always noticed right away if the piece is givena once over and a thumbs up tomove on to the next step, however they should have cuaght it when aplying the paint but prop figured at that point its too expensive to toss out.. like a fine resturaunt were its costs you and the wife $500 for dinner, I can assure you if they drop your Filet mignon on the floor they are not cooking you up a new piece they are wiping it off and throwing it back on for a min to cook off the potential bacteira so to speak. These holes can be filled with a very fine bruish tip and some scrylic that is color matched. i did it with my tamashi nations R@ i did not like the wholes but since that one was die cast I used enamel.

also for those looking to add a "wet" or snot and slober effect clear eneamel works best and does not react or effect the sculpt in anyway and you can start off slow and in small amounts an dbuild up from there. it gives a very natural look.

lastly im seeing that most retailers depending on their sales volume are only receiving between 1-5 with a few small exceptions

This is unfortunate but unavoidable in the process, for those who cast and work with various materials basically its cuasued by gaps of air that enter and escape after the cast is pulled, so its not always noticed right away if the piece is givena once over and a thumbs up tomove on to the next step, however they should have cuaght it when aplying the paint but prop figured at that point its too expensive to toss out.. like a fine resturaunt were its costs you and the wife $500 for dinner, I can assure you if they drop your Filet mignon on the floor they are not cooking you up a new piece they are wiping it off and throwing it back on for a min to cook off the potential bacteira so to speak. These holes can be filled with a very fine bruish tip and some scrylic that is color matched. i did it with my tamashi nations R@ i did not like the wholes but since that one was die cast I used enamel.

also for those looking to add a "wet" or snot and slober effect clear eneamel works best and does not react or effect the sculpt in anyway and you can start off slow and in small amounts an dbuild up from there. it gives a very natural look.

lastly im seeing that most retailers depending on their sales volume are only receiving between 1-5 with a few small exceptions

lol sorry to be off topic what steakhouses are you eating at? Most of the really nice ones been to will cook you a whole new piece even if the one you got was cooked a little too well or something. Same thing with wine, if you don't like it they'll get you a new glass.

Back