Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how heavy is the throne?

I would think the throne about 6-7 lbs with Jabba 12 lbs

Not exactly sure but it seems about the same weight as Jabba, maybe a bit more. Had a bunch of things to do today and just wanted to make sure he was okay, take a couple shots and pack him back up so not too sure about the weight. But unboxing and then boxing back up by myself was quite the task. Trying not to tear the box or shipper.

Congrats, D.R.37. Looks great. Shame about Crumb — SS is gonna start running out of his heads pretty quickly.

He’s very impressive in hand to say the least. I was thinking that I’d try to fix it but the little ear bit was nowhere to be found :gah:

Excellent shots! The lighting perfectly tones down the vibrant colors - it looks great there.

Beautiful D.R.37! Exactly how I would arrange the face. Very complementary lighting too.

That pic makes me jealously rethink my internal decision not to get this Jabba. Dammit!

Thanks guys! Honestly the lighting wasn’t intentional hehe. I didn’t notice the yellowish incandescent bulbs over the dining room table until i looked at the pics. I’ve never taken any shots there. Maybe cheap lighting is the key :)

Great pics D.R.37, sorry to hear about Salacious. Seems like that will be a widespread issue.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Thanks... It’s a bummer but I will most likely display the closed mouth sculpt. I’m just confused why they’d pack a damaged head sculpt.

Wow! He looks great! Yeah, the lighting compliments the setup really well. Jeez, I hope he's still locally available by the middle of the year.

Yeah I don’t have the room but I wanted to make sure I got this guy. If he’s around much later or even at a sale price, oh well, but will be happy for all those who’re able to pick him up then. Great piece.

Great pics.:clap

This thread... needs MORE PICS.:lecture

...and yes it does!

Any other review or thoughts about him, D.R.?

I only had him outta the box for about an hour, the paint work and sculpt are phenomenal. The texture of his skin and the way they faded the colors along his torso look amazing. It really does look like his skin. The “facial” likeness is a little off but after rewatching the scenes for ROTJ it’s his whole posture that makes the two look a bit different. The position of the puppeteers gives the on screen Jabba a more asymmetrical lean (chin & neck rolls) and also a more upright stance(?), while the figure in comparison seems to appear more symmetrical and has a bit of slouch. One thing i noticed from the pictures I took was the satin finish on certain parts of the figure - mainly the shoulder areas and face. I’d have to have him out and displayed to know for sure but I might want to dullcote the figure to a matte finish and then add some gloss to parts of his mouth and nose... same goes for Salacious. I’m pretty sure it might just be the material they cast and the minimal “industry standard” amount of varnish that gives off that painted statue look, which he is, but a few more coats than the one or two the painters did should get rid of that. I may be wrong but this is just my thoughts based on revisiting the shots i took and my quick moment of play time.

I only had him outta the box for about an hour, the paint work and sculpt are phenomenal. The texture of his skin and the way they faded the colors along his torso look amazing. It really does look like his skin. The “facial” likeness is a little off but after rewatching the scenes for ROTJ it’s his whole posture that makes the two look a bit different. The position of the puppeteers gives the on screen Jabba a more asymmetrical lean (chin & neck rolls) and also a more upright stance(?), while the figure in comparison seems to appear more symmetrical and has a bit of slouch. One thing i noticed from the pictures I took was the satin finish on certain parts of the figure - mainly the shoulder areas and face. I’d have to have him out and displayed to know for sure but I might want to dullcote the figure to a matte finish and then add some gloss to parts of his mouth and nose... same goes for Salacious. I’m pretty sure it might just be the material they cast and the minimal “industry standard” amount of varnish that gives off that painted statue look, which he is, but a few more coats than the one or two the painters did should get rid of that. I may be wrong but this is just my thoughts based on revisiting the shots i took and my quick moment of play time.

Yes, that’s the eternal question when you produce something like this I assume. Do you go for how the puppet actually looked or how it was intended to look. I’m sure it wasn’t intended that Jabba should be asymmetrical. The v1 has that asymmetry, but it also looks kind of wrong even if it’s right... dunno. It’s a choice they have to make and some will like it, some won’t. In this case I think I like it, as symmetry just looks more real.
You are definitely right about the effect of a dull coat. Looks much more like skin. I work with this stuff in my daily work, and it’s some really unhealthy ****, so makes sense why they can’t do that from the factory. I’ll wait and see till I get him if I find it worth doing.

Dullcote sprayed on the $800 figure. Who's gonna try this first to see if it's okay?:lol

Does anyone know if Sideshow is requiring a signature for Jabba deliveries?
Yes they are. And on that note mine will be here tomorrow! Taking the day off so I don't miss the UPS person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s the eternal question when you produce something like this I assume. Do you go for how the puppet actually looked or how it was intended to look. I’m sure it wasn’t intended that Jabba should be asymmetrical. The v1 has that asymmetry, but it also looks kind of wrong even if it’s right... dunno. It’s a choice they have to make and some will like it, some won’t. In this case I think I like it, as symmetry just looks more real.
You are definitely right about the effect of a dull coat. Looks much more like skin. I work with this stuff in my daily work, and it’s some really unhealthy ****, so makes sense why they can’t do that from the factory. I’ll wait and see till I get him if I find it worth doing.

Exactly. I feel many might not like his version but he’s is pretty close to, not exact, to how Jabba looks to me. And yes dullcote is really bad.. definite respirator is needed! I’ve painted most of my life and worked in a studio set shop for a few years. I believe much damage has been done not wearing proper safety gear when I was younger. I wear a respirator religiously when painting now.

Dullcote sprayed on the $800 figure. Who's gonna try this first to see if it's okay?:lol

Hehe I might if the satin shiny’ness starts to mess with my ocd ;)

If you go to UPS's website you can do a Signature release.
Yeah, you can usually do that with the app as well. For some reason it's not giving us the usual option. Either way gonna enjoy the day off with my slug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I watched the video reviews again and find myself wondering if the mouth with the tongue and slobber could be improved if some of the drool was touched up with some white-ish tones in places to make it look less uniform.

Would be nice if there wasn't as much drool present but I can't see changing that without major surgery that I would not want to attempt.

I watched the video reviews again and find myself wondering if the mouth with the tongue and slobber could be improved if some of the drool was touched up with some white-ish tones in places to make it look less uniform.

Would be nice if there wasn't as much drool present but I can't see changing that without major surgery that I would not want to attempt.

Yes I was wondering something like that as well... I kind of wanna use that mouth piece, but the drool just doesn’t look on par with the rest. What if it was painted over with some thick resin... maybe it would look more real.

Yeah i would’ve much rather had the relaxed licking tongue than the BDSM with Slave Leia one. The bugged-out eyes aren’t big enough plus the arms included are all relaxed/pointing, not the raised flailing in pain arms head need. Also head would be tilted back further if anyone wanted to do that choking shot. Customize a sculpted relaxed tongue sound like a plan 🤔

Received notification from Timewalker that Sideshow is shipping out the stock for their customers today. Should have mine by the weekend.

Someone who has the skill could re-cast :)horror) the protruding tongue part and I think it would be easy to do a more realistic drool effect. Same with the eyes--a decent sculpter (there are many around) could just take the fully open eye and re-work the eyes to look more bulging.

When everybody get their Jabba, let's start hunting down someone to commission this and get an interest thread going.

As for the argument that this figure needs dull-coat. There is NO way I am doing this to my figure. The paint really does look amazing in hand. Just let some dust accumulate on the figure and voila...dull coat...lol

The best thing to do might be to cast it and sand out the drool drips. It's some work, but whoever did it could sell them to quite a few other people (even on ebay.) They could also cast the tongue and reposition it to be more subtle.

Not sure why SSC sculpted the drool when it's obvious it should have been a clear/milky paint app.

The best thing to do might be to cast it and sand out the drool drips. It's some work, but whoever did it could sell them to quite a few other people (even on ebay.) They could also cast the tongue and reposition it to be more subtle.

Not sure why SSC sculpted the drool when it's obvious it should have been a clear/milky paint app.

I would be very interested in buying such a casting but I'm not exactly optimistic a good option will surface. The casting would need to be magnetic and would require a very accurate fit. The paint would need to spot on match the rest of the statue.

If a different casting isn't an option I still feel the provided piece would be greatly improved with a nice repaint of some of the drool. Either way I'll have a good look at it, I will soon have this in hand :panic:

Thanks for all your help guys with my question about signing for Jabba. I've had a UPS My Choice account for about 7 years now. Like previous times after signing on, it says there's no packages linked to my address. Just got off the phone with UPS and they told me that it's set for all of my packages to not require a signature. I believe they just left the package the last time this happened; but that was years ago, so not sure. Here's hoping what they told me is true.

Back