Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in this evening. I will post pictures tomorrow. The box is roughly the same size, or a tad larger than the HT Tumbler but 2x heavier...

Easily the most impressive single character figure I own at 1:6 scale (yeah you can argue that this is a glorified statue--but damn it is amazing in person)--it's huge. Salacious Crumb is amazing--yes he is fragile--but keep the two head sculpts away from fumbling hands (and any pets!) and you should have no issues. I think the swap-out parts are amazing--gives this figure versatility for multiple looks and scenes from the movie. The throne and accessories (especially the hookah) are brilliant! The paint and weathering is not too heavy handed. One of the best paint aps I have ever seen from Sideshow (Mythos Boba Fett being a close second!)

Looking at that photo it appears the top of old Jabba's head is the same height as the tip of new Jabba's nose. So if one was to measure the tip of new Jabba's nose to the top of his head we should know the exact difference in height between the two.
Yeah, definitely looks to be more than half an inch difference in height.

So envious of you ebor. Just when you think everybody else's will be going out in about another week, you get yours. I'm already anticipating that I'll definitely get a broken ear or two with my Salacious Crumb heads; maybe even the tail.

WOW! Another stellar review. Damn, I want this thing.... warts, straight tail and all...
Aw man! I was thinking..no way there's another review up on YouTube already *rushed to check on there*. Realized you were just talking about what ebor said. It is nice to hear about another completely satisfied customer. I watch icruise's review every day when I'm in bed before sleepy time. Makes me wish there was a Mighty Boba Collection channel too.

I posted these pics in the old Jabba thread but I'll post them here as well since this argument continues despite pretty damning proof that old Jabba is significantly too short. Not my photos, I think genghis took them.

One photo shows that on the same level surface the new one is a good bit taller than the old. The next two show that if anything the new version may still be slightly too short next to Boba Fett, meaning the old Jabba is definitely and significantly too short.
460c60fe8d5218cc02f4b08bc262c5ff.jpg
0a4d4779423dfc3df03d1a115e4be3a2.jpg
9dc5e9e8234daec0a166b678667610ee.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Yes, It was pretty evident from the get go. And everyone receiving this saying that it’s significantly bigger... so [emoji1743]*[emoji3603]

Besides using some gloss white acrylic paint..anyone have a better idea with adding some drool?

Could maybe use a small amount of slime that kids play with nowadays. Would probably look realistic enough and I think it would be removable without any damage to the paint. I don't think I'll be using it but the thought occurred to me.

I think slime would dry out quickly and not look too great once that happened. I would probably use some kind of brush-on gloss coat mixed with whatever color you want the slime to be. But I have no desire to do anything to the figure personally.

:exactly: I agree. And I will. And it's not bad timing at all.

This debate has to happen, even though I know it comes across to some as "haters vs defenders," just as it does in thread after thread over the years. As jackboots and missions. Certain people ignoring the Copenhagen Accord on toxic emissions.:lol

But it's an amazing new Jabba release that should be dissected and debated...

Sorry, I may have not made myself clear. It's bad timing for me financially, as I just spent some imperial credits on a 1/6 Tumbler. I wasn't referring to the discussion, which I am in agreement with you, in that it should be dissected and debated. That's what this forum is for.

I don't charge anything on a credit card that I can't pay off completely but I'm seriously thinking about doing it for Jabba.

Nice review icruise. Can’t wait to see my wife’s reaction to the size of the box/figure when he arrives; then her next reaction when finding out that her gift card didn’t even cover 1/3 of it!

Yeah, probably not exact but close enough.

I think that other photo over the backs of the two figures is likely the best for general height comparison of the two.

I actually measured my SS Jabba and it looks likes he's a hair under 10.5 inches (about a quarter inch below)... but even at 10.5 inches, that would measure up in 1/1 to a Jabba height of: 5 feet 2 1/2 inches tall... and I'm pretty sure Jabba is taller than 5'2" in the movie. The top of his head seems to come up to about 3PO and Fett's eye level...

Last edited:
I will put Fett closer to the Big Slug later...

Attachments

• IMG_00000157.jpg
    IMG_00000157.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_00000151.jpg
    IMG_00000151.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_00000154.jpg
    IMG_00000154.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 156
Back