Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One question: If you place Jabba against the railing of the throne can his arm rest on top of it? Just noticed in the vid he was always about an inch away.

Yes, I probably did have him a bit too far away. He does look better snuggled up to the railing. They've made it so the arm won't actually touch the railing but is so close that it appears to be touching, so I'm sure they intended him to be displayed this way.

jabba_arm_railing.jpg

Very thorough review. I really wish I could get this, the "play" value alone looks so fun, it's just so damn expensive, I don't think I'll be spending $800 total in collectibles this year let alone on one. Maybe in the future if it's still around.

Has that been confirmed that these are made in batches to order? Definitely plan on picking him up in another month or two if so.

Nothing official has been said. Someone mentioned that they had an inside contact who stated that they'll be made to order but who knows if that's true or not. It's just an idea that I really like and hope is true.

My review of the new Jabba is now up: https://youtu.be/JSG98ndZVNQ

And here is the review of the old Jabba if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/IrqwBXoj-Q8

Both are great reviews icruise. Thanks for taking the time to do both. I doubt we'll see anything better on YouTube in terms of detail and quality.

I pretty much agree with you on everything you said in your reviews. But for me, not being a Jabba fanatic, I still believe I'm happy to stick with my original. The new one looks nice, but I just can't get past an $800+ (between tax and shipping for some making it actually closer to $900) for this. If I didn't have the original I'd be much more conflicted over spending the money on this new one. It is a fantastic piece. And kudos to SS for making it with so many different options, although like you said and I've said, this IS a statue and not a 1/6 action figure.

Us crazy "Super" fans are the only ones always wanting the best representation of something we love in our collection and notice all the fine details. Anyone who is a normal or more "Casual" SW fan would still be amazed at the look and quality of the original upon seeing it in person in someone's collection. Which is also a testament as to how good the original was 12 years ago and how good it still looks today.

Congrats to those excited for this, and as always, I still look forward to seeing many many more awesome pictures from everyone.

a-surprise-to-be-sure-but-a-welcome-one-18324708.png

See, I find this interesting. A vast majority of our hobby depends on precise tailoring and hand craftsmanship. These aren't so different from some of the elaborate work in bags and shoes.

While I absolutely love my shoes as I do fashion in general, I really have to look at purses with appreciation for the detail in many of them. While I might not use a purse, I have no problem going and shopping for them with anyone I date. So the short of it is, I try to find the things I can appreciate in what someone else has a passion for even if I don't partake in that myself.

Thoughtful post, DioramaMaker. I recognise where you're coming from.

"I have passed the test to expensive for temptation. I will diminish...and go into the Youtube and watch other’s unbox and enjoy...and remain Galadriel."
timthumb.php.jpeg

Great review, icruise. Saw it earlier today on YT.

Is anyone planning to make some sort of diorama for this? I kind of hope twelveinchfigures does some sort of barbecue pit background to go with this.

My review of the new Jabba is now up: https://youtu.be/JSG98ndZVNQ

And here is the review of the old Jabba if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/IrqwBXoj-Q8

Fantastic review, (love your website too). This is pretty much the definitive review, so not sure I need to do one when mine arrives now. LoL Sorry about Salacious Crumbs ear, I think that is the most disappointing thing with this release. He really should have been made from less fragile material.

Back