Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great review icruise. This really is an impressive piece. I'm less concerned at the price (not so sure when that happened because this is still a major investment) and more at the space it takes up. It reminds me very much of the gentle giant 1/6 statue range which had interchangeable parts in the same way as this. I still have the GG Greedo and Ponda on display as the best representation of those characters in sixth scale.

This release and some of the talk on the possibility of complimentary figures being released has got me thinking about how a sixth scale slave Leia could be posed with this set. I just don't see the figure have the posability to lay on the throne in a realistic manner which is a shame as it would look amazing.

How deep is the throne?

I see 29'' long and 13.25'' high. Also it has to be higher than 13'' with Jabba AND throne?

Icruise, could you please share the actual dimensions for us?

How deep is the throne?

I see 29'' long and 13.25'' high. Also it has to be higher than 13'' with Jabba AND throne?

I'm assuming the 17.25" listed on the product page is the depth of the throne.

No clue about the combined height with Jabba on the throne though. It always bugged me that they didn't list that.

How deep is the throne?

It looks like it is roughly 30” wide including the tail (if he is up against the railing) by 17 inches deep (including the gargoyles) by 16” tall (to the top of Jabba’s head).

Accurate would be much appreciated. I have a 4’ wall area in my Man-Cave where I plan to build some sort of diorama for this guy and the rest of my SW figures.

Accurate would be much appreciated. I have a 4’ wall area in my Man-Cave where I plan to build some sort of diorama for this guy and the rest of my SW figures.

4ft will do it i reckon, icruise can confirm this ofcourse, but the new jabba and throne is'nt over 3. That leaves some space for the archway either side, and some space to add aliens or lando.

Just watched the YouTube review by iCruise. Jabba looks awesome. Also, props for the review in general. Clear descriptions, great comparisons, nicely shot. Basically, how reviews should be done. Two thumbs up!

It looks like it is roughly 30” wide including the tail (if he is up against the railing) by 17 inches deep (including the gargoyles) by 16” tall (to the top of Jabba’s head).

Wow what an awesome review video!:clap:clap

That detail of that little clear block with the frog that drops into the bowl is a very cool little detail. Incredible that the Salacious broke from such a minor fall though - what an incredibly silly choice of material (when you said you dropped/broke it making the video, I thought you meant it fell off a table to the floor, not that it fell 6")

How tall is the Jabba figure alone to the top of his head? And so the throne itself is about 16" by 24" (the block itself, not including the gargoyles)?

I think I would find Crumb aggravating being that fragile despite that he looks better than the old one. One fall from the shelf and he's done for.

I live in earthquake country. No bueno for fragile Crumb.

I checked the measurements again. They were essentially correct, but I tried to be a bit more exact.

The throne itself is about 28.5" wide including the side gargoyles, but since Jabba's tail hangs off you will need at least 30" or so of horizontal space, depending on where you place him. The throne is 17" deep including the gargoyles on the front. Jabba by himself is about 11 inches tall (compared to about 10 inches for the old version) and about 15.5" tall when sitting on the throne (compared to 14" tall for the old Jabba when on the throne). Hope that helps.

I think I would find Crumb aggravating being that fragile despite that he looks better than the old one. One fall from the shelf and he's done for.

I live in earthquake country. No bueno for fragile Crumb.

Maybe a little blu-tac stuck to his butt could prevent that...

I checked the measurements again. They were essentially correct, but I tried to be a bit more exact.

The throne itself is about 28.5" wide including the side gargoyles, but since Jabba's tail hangs off you will need at least 30" or so of horizontal space, depending on where you place him. The throne is 17" deep including the gargoyles on the front. Jabba by himself is about 11 inches tall (compared to about 10 inches for the old version) and about 15.5" tall when sitting on the throne (compared to 14" tall for the old Jabba when on the throne). Hope that helps.

Thanks for double checking the measurements, much appreciated. Man, a background for this guy is going to be huge.

:horror: Sounds like this won’t actually fit on two detolfs due to the depth. Pretty sure they’re around 15 inches deep. How deep is the throne without the gargoyles, an inch less (no need to remeasure)?

Back